To feed a pet a stack of food or not to feed a pet a stack of food

I have a hiryu that gets hungry very quickly.  Is it better if I feed it an entire stack of food, lets say 10 raw birds, all at once or feed it the 10 raw birds one bird at a time?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,036
    I've found it makes no difference and I've been feeding a lot of carrots 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,117
    edited April 2023
    You can tell a pet to follow you and the loyalty rating increases. possibly other commands would do the same.

All pet types will eat daemon cheek sammiches, messed up or real Khaldun treats, Tasty Treats.
    I forgot if they eat the sammiches from the cooker. 

Pets not following a command makes them lose loyalty. Some pet types are more stubborn so they will disobey for no reason.  You can hear a Cu growl when it does not want to follow a command.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    I don't think the amount fed has any affect - having more than once accidentally fed a giant beetle a few hundred ribs .
    Someone I know has a bag with individual ribs laid out so he can drop one at a time onto a pet at the end of a long fight. In EC it is possible to create a 'restock' agent to feed a pet. Details of that here: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/technical/agents-settings-in-the-enhanced-client/#restock

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,174
    What's the reason you are feeding the pet? I haven't fed my pets in years (even before they prevented them from going wild from line of sight), I have used GD/Cu/Triton/frost drake/naja. I could be wrong but feeding a pet is like feeding your own toon... it doesn't actually do anything (outside of the bane/ozzy).
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    keven2002 said:
    What's the reason you are feeding the pet? I haven't fed my pets in years (even before they prevented them from going wild from line of sight), I have used GD/Cu/Triton/frost drake/naja. I could be wrong but feeding a pet is like feeding your own toon... it doesn't actually do anything (outside of the bane/ozzy).
    I only do it if the loyalty takes a massive dip.  99% of the time it never drops below extremely happy, and if it does, 3 quick commands puts it back to max - all stop, all stay, all follow me.
  • Pets regain Stamina based on how much food you feed them. If you have a pet with relatively slow stamina regen (like a Shadow Wyrm), then feeding it a stack of food can instantly restore it's Stamina. 10 food items in a stack is enough to regain 100 Stamina. For WWs that eat Gold (Gen 1 and Gen 2 WWs don't eat gold), feeding them 200 Gold is enough to go from 0 Stamina to 150 instantly.
    For meat eating pets, i prefer carrying a stack of Dino Ribs or Sea Serpent Steaks. They only weigh 1/10 Stone each.