Sampire question

“For doing spawns, with whirlwind weap, one’s sampire has hit area, 
it’s okay to also have hit spell?
If so what spell should sampire hit?”
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,411
    This is a good place to ask questions about sampys 

https://discord.gg/vxKYcMDb
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,039
    Yoshi said:
    “For doing spawns, with whirlwind weap, one’s sampire has hit area, 
    it’s okay to also have hit spell?
    If so what spell should sampire hit?”
    Pvm weapons are very slayer specific so spell would depend on monsters fire vs cold etc
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    “Are there any known negatives to any hit spell on weapon with hit area?
    Specifically for doing spawns”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “Are there any known negatives to any hit spell on weapon with hit area?
    Specifically for doing spawns”
    No pvm vs a spawn you don't worry about flagging infact you want to agro and draw as much spawn as possible 
    edited April 2023
    “it was test question to test player knowledge base.
    I imbued 50 hit lightning on PvM weapon and i never heard of this complication before.

I noticed something odd before when enemy player summons pixies and i do whirlwind and it only kills 1 pixie....

Thankfully you can change hit lightning to hit fireball with imbueing no problem"

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Yoshi said:
    “it was test question to test player knowledge base.
    I imbued 50 hit lightning on PvM weapon and i never heard of this complication before.

I noticed something odd before when enemy player summons pixies and i do whirlwind and it only kills 1 pixie....

Thankfully you can change hit lightning to hit fireball with imbueing no problem"

What MAP are you using
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    So this only affects mobs that die to the original weapon damage and Hit spell?

The next level of the spawn would probably benefit from the original weapon since it does more damage?

I like the way you go after the Pixies while we go after the dark wisps.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2023
    “yes and no,

the lightning hits before the actual weapon damage so on first level spawn the main weap hit won’t even proc, sounds strange.
    And also if the mob is low health (damaged), there’s always a danger the hit lightning will kill the mob, on higher level spawns when you’re receiving more damage, this can be a bad problem.

but I am surprised to learn something about PvM that is not already in someone’s literature”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    Yoshi said:
    “yes and no,
    If the mob is low health (damaged), there’s always a danger the hit lightning will kill the mob, and on higher level spawns when you’re receiving more damage, this can be a bad problem.

but I am surprised to learn something about PvM that is not already in someone’s literature”
    I dont use a Sampire for anything. Bandages work fine, I also think Hit spells do not do enough damage so I use other things on weapons.

I only build for weapons for mobs with ???? HP I don't sweat the mobs with less HP, they die just fine.

So never occurred to me that players built weapons for rat men and such.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,175
    edited April 2023
    I haven't done a spawn in quite some time but I've never really had much issue because typically I don't imbue hit lightning on a weapon. From a PvM standpoint, for me personally, there isn't much more added benefit to having hit lightning on a whirlwind weap given the imbuing weight of 150 (which is the most cost out of all spells). It depends on what I'm killing but hit spell is always last to be added. I will add some combination of HML/HLL/HSL/Hit Area/HLD/HLA/Slayer on my weaps all before I imbue a hit spell because I think they all offer more benefit than less than 20dmg spells.

In your example, you have a halberd with only 80 stam, but even if you have 210 stam you would still want 60 SSI which means you need SSI on your weapon. Total property weight becomes an issue if you have all max intensity mods (swapping out SC with SSI). Also you are missing HSL which most sampires would have on their weapons.

What it boils down to is that adding hit lightning would only be added by a small amount of players in a few instances. The idea of using whirlwind is to do more damage with additional targets so there isn't really an need to do more damage to a single target; ideally I like to have as many targets as possible to hit because that is what refills my stat bar. Pair this with the fact that I'm running around toggling between my attack nearest hostile macro to get everything near me and my whirlwind macro and I haven't ever really run into (or realized) the issue that you noted.

edited April 2023
    “(my example is just showing the effect,
    i think most sampire use double axe for spawn so don't need swing speed, most sampire don't use FC 2/5 + 100 lower reagent cost)"
    "I see a samp this morning using hit lightning with whilwind, but i think i discovered another issue with hit spell"

"the hit lightning can proc many targets with whirlwind, hit fireball only 1 target.

so instead i scrap this and use battle lust,
    but it's also crap anyway as even on last level, can't build up any lust at all"

lust.png 231.5K
    “I don’t read these things about hit spell in sampire discord
    Or anywhere, why everyone keeps so much secret information?
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Not a secret, you have to weigh the mods and how they benefit you. Hit spell only increases your damage, but when you factor in your base hit + Hit area effect going off, adding a hit spell is pretty insignificant. 

Having hit lightning would have done another 80 total damage at best. 40 on average for this scenario. 

edited April 2023
    King_Greg said:
    Not a secret, 

“can you please show me where i can read about hit lightning hitting multiple and fireball hitting single target with whirlwind?

nothing in the player written guides I read

(also, if you have really high spell damage increase the hit spell can hit a lot harder)

Yoshi said:
    King_Greg said:
    Not a secret, 

“can you please show me where i can read about hit lightning hitting multiple and fireball hitting single target with whirlwind?

(also, if you have really high spell damage increase the hit spell can hit a lot harder)

Sdi doesn't effect weapon spell damage 
    edited April 2023
    "not sure if disagreeing with other posters is allowed anymore,
    but at risk of punishment, would beg to disagree

i would offer counter argument that 29 damage is indeed higher than 17"

8.png 643.6K
    66.png 546.7K
    Using a hit spell weapon better dmg with sdi? 
    Yoshi said:
    King_Greg said:
    Not a secret, 

Not in any guides. I knew about the double strike handicap to hit fireball but never thought about it for whirlwind. The only reason I know about the fireball aspect is that I was playing when they changed the code because of players alternating magic arrow and nether bolt while using mage weapon boomerangs with hit fireball on them. 

As to the Sdi, would need to do some more testing, but even in the situation I posted, having 100% sdi would still only be another 40 damage on average. For the investment to hit 100% Sdi, it's not worth it, you would have to sacrifice too much. There is nothing on that suit that I would trade for sdi. 

Single target hybrid sdi + Combat mysticism build using enchant could be interesting. Don't have to sacrifice weapon mods, still get the hit spell. 

All knowledge is welcome in UO, Learn new things even after playing for 20 years. 

Confirmed, sdi does effect hit spell damage.