Thoughts on events

This event seemed to be more thought out than previous events to try to include everyone. Casual players can make a little coin and collect some items they couldn't before. Hopefully the game made some store revenue off garden beds. 

There's still room for improvement. 

Fel players self regulate. As long as event items (eggs, drops) can be insured there really is no risk for parking in the guard zones in fel and living their best life. This week i have seen some rather impressive multibox thorn planting full auto bunny basher complete with an auto insure faster than my thief can target. Idc play how you want but there needs to be some risk associated in fel. I have a 50/50 shot at getting guard wacked while someone can hit play with no risk. 

I think if these events can also be done in fel, guard zones should be considered and eggs/drops should be cursed. 

Comments

• GwenGwen Posts: 210
    You are able to kill them and take thorns of their corpses, aren't you? 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Not legally in guard zone. Most carry a stack of thorns weighing over the limit for a valid steal or it's instant guard wack. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited April 2023
    I think this would have been a good event for NL.  A quest would tell use about the need to get bright green snake plants to make thorns.  They start the event with the spawn.  The mobs drop seeds, we have to cross pollinate the plants to get the desired plants to make thorns.  This part should last maybe 2 months. 

Then we get more info from the quest to plant thorns in fields, this would last another month.

Would have been pretty fun since we all would begin with no plants and no seeds. 

Maybe this is a practice run for them to use red leaves because the Royal Inscribers are out of them.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,248
    What does this event have anything to do with NL?  Isn't NL pre PSs/AoS/anything.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,997
    This event way too boring only merchant players will bother after normal players fill holes on visited shards they are finished no dungeon nothing new worth getting D-
    What does this event have anything to do with NL?  Isn't NL pre PSs/AoS/anything.
    Those that can read would see that I Think this would be a good event for NL. And I stand by that.

Silly me posting something in the Thoughts on events thread...
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,792
    edited April 2023
    One of the nice things about this event is that we are not "forced" to play every day to get the rewards we want.  Other than doing a character transfer and checking on the status of my bright green barrel cacti I did not play UO this last Friday or Saturday. I do not feel stressed out that I took a couple days off from playing.
    Pawain said:
    Those that can read would see that I Think this would be a good event for NL. And I stand by that.

I thought NL was pre AoS so no this would not be a good event.
    Pawain said:

Again three years in and we have zero real info but yeah alpha testing coming 
    edited April 2023
    Pawain said:

They do not have to base it on publications that were done.  It may have crappy weapons and armor but the surrounding gameplay and QoL changes can be from any era. So we can have pre AoS weapons but have post AoS things in the game. Such as menus, Mobs, decorations, and UI.

But, Basic Britannia with basic available skills.

Then the next Season can add things, remove things from feedback.
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

No they made some videos
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

No they made some videos
    Yet you can't say pre aos or not 
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

They do not have to base it on publications that were done.  It may have crappy weapons and armor but the surrounding gameplay and QoL changes can be from any era. So we can have pre AoS weapons but have post AoS things in the game. Such as menus, Mobs, decorations, and UI.

But, Basic Britannia with basic available skills.

Then the next Season can add things, remove things from feedback.
    I went over to the DAoC and they are making a classic server also and it will be like old DAoC with all the QoL addons so I hope UO does the same.