Player pet sometimes has resists and immunity to slayer of owner

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited April 2023 in Bugs
"This happens very very often, i managed to capture it. When a player hops off their pet, normally occurs before player has given a command to their pet i think, the pet seems to have temp immunity to slayer and damage rules vs the owner seems to apply to it.

For reference, with only 25 sdi on a wild hiryu, (which is no different to this tamed hiryu) i deal 90+ damage

but first hail storm on this pet, even with dragon slayer and 52 sdi it deals only 41 damage?
This is the sort of damage i would expect to do on a cursed player, at 60 cold resist with me capped at 20% sdi
Please note, like meteor swarm, hailstorm damage CAN be split if hit more than 2 people but this is not the case here as only hits 2 targets.

Here this is the correct amount of damage that should be dealt with slayer. Even hitting the owner also around 320+ damage.

Expected result: for normal pet damage rules to apply at all times"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• VagabondVagabond Posts: 92
    I think you should use an official client.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    edited April 2023
    Sounds like an ordering problem, e.g. pet should take on it's normal damage receiving characteristics before the pet is shown as fully dismounted.

Perhaps a better change is to allow pets to be damaged while mounted.  In that case, the slayer damage would apply at all times, as would other area effect spells.  It's probably a strange bit of code to handle making pets immune to damage while mounted...  A horse being invulnerable while mounted in medieval times would be a strange thing indeed.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    "if i have time to switch to dragon slayer, grab pet bar, cast a level 7 spell, system should have enough time to load that it is dragon..."
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    Yoshi said:
    "if i have time to switch to dragon slayer, grab pet bar, cast a level 7 spell, system should have enough time to load that it is dragon..."
    "should" being the likely operative word.

I've posted other easily reproduced cases where spells simply don't cast, due to apparent issues on the server side.

The larger issue here is pets shouldn't be immune to being dealt damage while mounted.  If they weren't immune, a whole host of game mechanics "exploits" go away.

edited April 2023
    "someone offered to sell me repro info on this bug, claiming they can purposefully make their pet immune to slayer, but i can't afford at this time, i will buy it soon"
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    Yoshi said:
    "someone offered to sell me repro info on this bug, claiming they can purposefully make their pet immune to slayer, but i can't afford at this time, i will buy it soon"
    Just looking for more ways to cheat in UO 
    "I can assure you, any plats i make from exploiting go directly back into bug bounty payments to the 'researchers' "
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited April 2023
    This is probably linked to the provoked targets behaving as pets, where they only take 35 dmg AI from npc & player sources, as well as becoming subject to the pvp caps on DI & SDI, in addition to shorter durations on 'buff spells' like enemy of one.   you know, it's hard to keep track of all these bugs... if they're not going to be fixed, there's gotta be ways to...

Just looking for more ways to cheat in UO 
    what he said.....

anyway,

Maybe this is after a pet turns 'blue' from receiving no commands after a few minutes.

the devs must appreciate all the effort some of us players do to report bugs for them so they can seemingly do... nothing.. at all.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited April 2023
    CovenantX said:

Maybe this is after a pet turns 'blue' from receiving no commands after a few minutes.

“I sort of tried this avenue already without success.
    Before you used to tell pet to kill in trammel and then bring it to fel and it would be blue. 
    But pet doesn’t turn blue anymore and it still received slayer damage.

I didn’t try idling the pet though, 
    (Pet in the video was still orange and not blue)

someone hinted it’s done intentionally with a mastery but I’m unconvinced. (Then again the orange guild depicted in video use every single hack available with an OAJ file the size of a Chinese phone book but I always like to presume innocence)”
    edited May 2023
    , removed