Would enhance potions attribute be useful to my thief?

Would the enhance potions attribute on Drogeni's Spellbook be useful to my thief?  When my thief is removing traps on crates and chests in dungeons he occasionally gets hit with a powerful poison that he has to wait out because a greater cure potion is not strong enough to cure him.  Would the greater cure potion get a enhancement that would cure him if my thief had Drogeni's Spellbook equipped?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    The simple answer would be yes but not sure of the actual math involved 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,240
    edited April 2023
    TimSt said:
    Would the enhance potions attribute on Drogeni's Spellbook be useful to my thief?  When my thief is removing traps on crates and chests in dungeons he occasionally gets hit with a powerful poison that he has to wait out because a greater cure potion is not strong enough to cure him.  Would the greater cure potion get a enhancement that would cure him if my thief had Drogeni's Spellbook equipped?

IMO it doesn't hurt to have the book and give it a go but generally speaking a true thief always has their hands free in the event they need to relieve someone of their excess goods; equipping a spellbook would cramp my thief's style too much to use. The only reason I even carry potions is because I play in Fel so sometimes I'll need to chug on the run before I hide (I loot all my potions so chugging 6 cures in a row doesn't bother me)... otherwise they just weigh me down (and potentially just more to lose from a guard whack).

I'm not sure what your thief's build is but mine has both ninja and magery so I personally would either cast archcure or go into dog form for HPR which will out-generate poison damage.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,679

Enhance Potions is an item property commonly found on jewelry. When a potion is used, its effectiveness will increase by the percentage of your cumulative Enhance Potions properties. Healing potions heal more points of damage, curing potions have a better chance to cure poison, etc. There is a cumulative equipment cap of 50%. If your character has the Achemy skill, an additional 1% bonus per 3.3 skill is granted, up to +30% at 99.0 Alchemy.

Since Publish 73, having the Alchemy skill also provides a minimum total Enhance Potions value equal to the skill divided by 2. The total Enhance Potions value for a character then becomes:

Effective EP = (Equipment EP (capped at 50) + Alchemy / 3.3) -or- Alchemy / 2 if it is higher.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    35 for pvp?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,852
    Unfortunately my thief, Kevin, has no room for alchemy.
    120 Stealing
    100 Detect Hidden
    100 Lock Picking
    100 Remove Trap
    100 Hiding
    90 Stealth
    70 Magery
    40 Meditation

So it looks like having items with enhance potions attribute will have to do. Hopefully 50 points will be enough
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "need free hand to steal"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,269
    keven2002 said:

I'm not sure what your thief's build is but mine has both ninja and magery so I personally would either cast archcure or go into dog form for HPR which will out-generate poison damage.
    Unicorn form and you won't get poisoned to begin with.
    edited April 2023

Yoshi said:

When stealing I use a macro that frees up my hands, uses the stealing skill, then quickly drinks an invisibility potion. The macro has helped me steal stuff while surround by mobs.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,382
    Might increase the weight you can carry with a greater strength potion, and your dexterity with another potion. There is also an invisibility potion but you already have hiding.
    TimSt said:
    120 Stealing
    100 Detect Hidden
    100 Lock Picking
    100 Remove Trap
    100 Hiding
    90 Stealth
    70 Magery
    40 Meditation

So it looks like having items with enhance potions attribute will have to do. Hopefully 50 points will be enough

Hi Tim. 

It looks like you're not utilizing plus skill point items with the exception of a +10 stealth item?

Burglar bandana: +10 stealth +10 stealing +10 snooping
    Mark of Travesty: +10 stealth +10 stealing

I use imbued jewels with +15 skill points on each since i use a -mage wep when caught red handed.

I would probably dump the med and go ahead and raise magery up. Take full advantage of plus skill items and do not worry about not having alchemy. Even 35ep with no alchemy will be plenty to get you by. 
    TimSt said:

Yoshi said:

When stealing I use a macro that frees up my hands, uses the stealing skill, then quickly drinks an invisibility potion. The macro has helped me steal stuff while surround by mobs.
    Smoke bombs (egg bombs are the same thing), and turkey feathers are also your friends. Worst case, cast mage invis while in protection. 
  • looploop Posts: 376
    TimSt said:
    120 Stealing
    100 Detect Hidden
    100 Lock Picking
    100 Remove Trap
    100 Hiding
    90 Stealth
    70 Magery
    40 Meditation

I presume the problem with poison from chests is from, I don't know, Exodus and Khaldun?

I reckon the real problem is that you have 40 med and 10 stealth which could really go to magery to help you out with curing. If you're only using magery sparingly or have +mana regen gear, you might not need meditation. 80 stealth is enough if you're wearing only mage armor. Magery helps with Arch Cure.

That said, I know almost nothing about playing a thief these days but enjoy the occasional thread about them!
    I even tried with 100 magery and the arch cure still would not cure the poison from those chests.
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,004
    Urge said:
    TimSt said:
    120 Stealing
    100 Detect Hidden
    100 Lock Picking
    100 Remove Trap
    100 Hiding
    90 Stealth
    70 Magery
    40 Meditation

Hi Tim. 

It looks like you're not utilizing plus skill point items with the exception of a +10 stealth item?

Burglar bandana: +10 stealth +10 stealing +10 snooping
    Mark of Travesty: +10 stealth +10 stealing

I use imbued jewels with +15 skill points on each since i use a -mage wep when caught red handed.

I would probably dump the med and go ahead and raise magery up. Take full advantage of plus skill items and do not worry about not having alchemy. Even 35ep with no alchemy will be plenty to get you by. 
    Don't the Burglar Bandana and Mark of Travesty use the same slot ?

Therefore, it would be "either" "or"....

And considering how a Burglar's Bandana is way, but way cheaper then the Mark of Travesty and comes with 10 skill points more, I do not see why one would ever want to use the Mark of Travesty...