Enhanced Client Scavenger not always working

TimStTimSt Posts: 1,803
Something that has started to happen is the enhanced client's scavenger is not always working. I first noticed it when trying to collect gold piles from the spring champ spawn. Some gold piles would get picked up but not others.  I investigated with other things.

If you drop an item that is in your scavenger list on to the ground and try to scavenge it it may or may not get scavenged.
If it does not get scavenged logging out and back in will allow it to get scavenged.
If you drop the item again and scavenge it will get scavenge.
Drop a different item and try to scavenge it may not scavenge
If it does not scavenge recall away to a different sub server and then back
Try to scavenge again and it will not.
To scavenge it you need to log out and back in.

It an item does not get scavenge reloading the UI does not resolve the issue either.

This happens with both the default and custom clients

Comments

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 811
    The EC scavenger does consistently break and get into the state you describe if you're scavenging/looting items/a corpse that gets deleted during the scavenge operation.  (e.g. a corpse that gets deleted after it goes public).

The range checking on the ground scavenging isn't always corrected either -- attempts to pickup items out of range is common.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,994Moderator
    it sometimes takes moving around a bit to pick up. I usually find it works for me unless I've set the object filter to something other than dynamic, for example if I had it set to 'corpses only'.