CC in game macro trouble

Howdy folks.
In CC, I'm having trouble learning to build macros because the drop down menus close instantly. Is there something wrong that I need to change to stop that from happening?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,998
    Change to EC
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    "left click and hold the button down, only release when you've scrolled to the action you want"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    EC’s built in macro system makes it fairly easy to write simple straight forward macros.  Not sure if you can write really complex macros with it. Macro writing can become a frustrating experience very quickly.  Think for more complex macros older players use CC third party programs they have used for years.  Recommend you give ec a try if you are a new player.  From what I have seen here you need to be a programmer or close to it  to use a third party program.

UO has been acting strangely lately though.
  • Sixgun77Sixgun77 Posts: 4
    Yoshi said:
    "left click and hold the button down, only release when you've scrolled to the action you want"
    Roger that. I was trying it on my laptop, and wasn't having any luck with the trackpad.
    Grimbeard said:
    Change to EC
    If I could run EC in Linux on my steam deck then I would.  "Change to EC" isn't helpful, as it doesn't contribute to answering the question about CC.
    Arnold7 said:
    EC’s built in macro system makes it fairly easy to write simple straight forward macros.  Not sure if you can write really complex macros with it. Macro writing can become a frustrating experience very quickly.  Think for more complex macros older players use CC third party programs they have used for years.  Recommend you give ec a try if you are a new player.  From what I have seen here you need to be a programmer or close to it  to use a third party program.

UO has been acting strangely lately though.
    Thanks very much. I usually play EC on my desktop,  but I'm trying to get CC dialed in on my steam deck(has to be CC in Linux afaik) and so I'm learning an almost entirely new animal. Most of what I'm trying to learn to write macros for is bandaging my self, looting,  and skinning critters.