What is the most efficient Template to farm the Cavern of the Discarded Mini-Champs ?

2»

Comments

• Pawain said:
    Sarkon said:
    It seems people allowed past posts to derail current ones then.  Still, this was a valid question, and people have valid answers to it.  If everyone did their own research and solved their own problems within the game and never asked questions, there wouldn’t be a need for this forum at all.  I mean, we can all just use YouTube, right? 
    Also this is old content that was done with basic fighters and mages with EVs or Greater Dragons.

This specific encounter can be done with any template that can kill stuff. Kinda like I said earlier in the thread.
    I do it on my Crafter casting RC still. And he has 0 luck and get's all the essences he ever needs. Although sometimes I have to buy a royal forged pardon (even though they don't stack)  because someone tried to cramp my style.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    Urge said:
    Sarkon said:
    Just give the guy an answer that works for you or don't...there's no need to be a jackass about it though.

We all started off polite and respectful. 

After 5000 answers that were met with an essay on why we're wrong it changes you. 
    As i see it 5002 is the correct number of essays me thinks 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    Sarkon said:
    It seems people allowed past posts to derail current ones then.  Still, this was a valid question, and people have valid answers to it.  If everyone did their own research and solved their own problems within the game and never asked questions, there wouldn’t be a need for this forum at all.  I mean, we can all just use YouTube, right? 
    Because we have told him how to do things. Then popps argues and will never do it.

Search his posts. He asks how to do stuff, argues, then never does it.
    Notice he did not even go to the area before he posted. 

Notice when I said he will not get the drop rates he expects he balked.

Also there is no pinnacle of efficiency. I can not play a template that requires multiple keystrokes or fast reflexes.

There is a better way to ask this question.

I am using a xxxx template on the rat men and it takes me xxxx time to kill them.  Is there a faster way with this template or another template that will work better?

Many players like a template. They want to use it and may ask how to kill quicker. Others are willing to make a new template to do a specific encounter.

One answer does not fit all.
    Search his posts. He asks how to do stuff, argues, then never does it.

If that was the case, how come that, after trying to get Tamers be given some love as compared to Sampires/Dexers I eventually surrendered and made a Sampire that I am using for the "Treasures of" Events where Dexers can perform better because of the Design ?

I did not like it, I would have preferred to see Tamers be given some love and be brought on par with Dexers but, since time passed and I did not see my Tamer being able to get same drops as Dexers, I made and started to use a Dexer consistently.

The issue for me is not that I do not want to listen to them, but, rather, that I do not see why I should do hunts using Templates which are not the same fun for me to play as a Tamer....

But the answer I get given is that different hunts ask for different Templates.... too bad, though, that at least to my opinion, I seem to get the impression that "most " hunts want a Sampire/Dexer rather then another type of Template.... and this, to my humble opinion, kills variety in Ultima Online when most players feel that they "have to " use always the same type of Template or variations of it, if they want to use a more efficient fighter in the game.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    @popps A Tamer can do all content except for Paroxysmus.

If you have fun playing a tamer you would not care if some things take longer.  And how do you know they take longer? 

Most hunts on LS are done with tamers. We do have a new group of players that use other things.

You do not have to use a certain template.  Players on LS do the Spawns and Dungeon events with the template they like.  You will see a guy on a polar bear casting EVs and Spells, you will see all template types.

Stop worrying about what other players are getting and play your own game. How do you know that the people saying they get many drops an hour are not lying?  Because they are worried that they are getting too few so they inflate it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    To powergame you way thru UO you have to conform to a powergame template. Trying to change literally every aspect of the game that takes you a little time don't fly with us that did our time fine tuning and grinding our way up. 

If you truly want to play what's fun you won't care what temp you play or the time invested. That's why we have multiple character slots and the ability to add more accounts. 
    edited March 2023
    Urge said:
    To powergame you way thru UO you have to conform to a powergame template. Trying to change literally every aspect of the game that takes you a little time don't fly with us that did our time fine tuning and grinding our way up. 

If you truly want to play what's fun you won't care what temp you play or the time invested. That's why we have multiple character slots and the ability to add more accounts. 
    Unfortunately, with the time sink that unfortunately UO is, it is not possible, at least for me, to not consider the "time factor" when having to get stuff in the game.

And this is especially true with timed events which last for a while and then end.

These timed Events, the way I see it, do not permit me, often, given their Design, to play the Template that I most enjoy to play when this Template is not as effective as other templates to get the most out of the Event.

Perhaps others might have unlimited time to spend in a game and thus can afford using templates which they enjoy more even though these templates are less effective, I don't...
    popps said:
    Urge said:

Unfortunately, with the time sink that unfortunately UO is, it is not possible, at least for me, to not consider the "time factor" when having to get stuff in the game.

And this is especially true with timed events which last for a while and then end.

These timed Events, the way I see it, do not permit me, often, given their Design, to play the Template that I most enjoy to play when this Template is not as effective as other templates to get the most out of the Event.

Perhaps others might have unlimited time to spend in a game and thus can afford using templates which they enjoy more even though these templates are less effective, I don't...
    I use a fishing tamer popps and have gotten every item so don't say you can't as well
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited March 2023
    Sarkon said:
    And the rebuttals begin.

He does not want help with this encounter. He wants to stand at a spot and get x drops per hour. No matter what template he chooses.  That's the only fair way to do it. As far as I see it.

And that drop number should compensate for hours played. Only 1 hour a week should get the same drops as a person playing 10 hours a day.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    popps said:
    Urge said:

I think it's time that you consider playing a different game then because you obviously have a problem with like 95% of the game. You are now saying that some content that's been around for almost a decade is too much of a time sink when you've literally had the past 3 full months to play it, uninterrupted from "new" / limited content.

@Mariah - I think popps was given his answer (like 3 days ago) and this thread can be added to the long list of his closed threads before it gets too out of hand.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Soon as I see a particular poster's name in the post heading, I do not even bother opening the post <span>:smile:</span>
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited March 2023
    keven2002 said:
    popps said:
    Urge said:

I think it's time that you consider playing a different game then because you obviously have a problem with like 95% of the game. You are now saying that some content that's been around for almost a decade is too much of a time sink when you've literally had the past 3 full months to play it, uninterrupted from "new" / limited content.

@ Mariah - I think popps was given his answer (like 3 days ago) and this thread can be added to the long list of his closed threads before it gets too out of hand.
    Naaaah, leave it open. it Gives @Pawain and myself something to do while we drink our Coffee.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2023
    Swords Sampire with 100% Fire (or Energy) Repond Double Axe+Vermin Slayer Talisman and a 120 Disco+AP Vollem. 'Nuff said.
    Swords Sampire with 100% Fire (or Energy) Repond Double Axe+Vermin Slayer Talisman and a 120 Disco+AP Vollem. 'Nuff said.
    Prepare for 600 questions previously answered above vollem 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     I do almost all of the game content at some point over the course of a  year of game time with some variation of a tamer. Most common ones Chiv/Archer/Tamer  Mystic/Tamer Disco/Tamer miner/tamer  and a Necro/Tamer. Rarely will I use a stealth tamer.  When I need a sampire it is not difficult to change the Archer/Tamer into a Melee type sampire.  The few exceptions where I don't use a tamer in the template and regularly play the toons are my T Hunter templates which are all 120 Mage/Mystic/Imbue/Eval  With Cart/remove trap with 40 Med jeweled to 70. There are a few ML and SA bosses and mini bosses where other templates than a tamer version are more effective and only two that I can think of that just should not be done with a tamer at all.  I have always done just fine in getting drops across multiple shards using the Chiv/Archer/Tamer Template with the Right Pet for the job and the right slayer bow/tali/cameo.  I Have quite a few L33T Very high end expensive suits but generally run low end total crap suits LOL since the EJ starter packs came out I pretty much just wear the Journeymans armor set that comes with it and 140 luck robe and either dex ninja belt or Obi from the Dungeon reward tokens and one of the cleanup jewels sets..... For whatever reason the RNG Gods rain Minax Sandals down on me VERY regularly so almost all of my character wear CBD Pair of them and a hide cape.  Makes for a nice junky do everything even if not efficently suit. I just make elemental bows and imbue them with the right flavors for the task at hand.  Nothing real complex or time consuming about anything I do in game.  And hardly live UO, I do however play UO 1-4 hours combined in the morning waking up or in the evening before bed.  Amazingly if I have a question about something, I first ask friends that would likely know the answer, then I google it and either UOguide or the Official Wiki will have the answer and Google typically shows all of the various forum post about the topic in question...... Just have to sort through all the free shards forum post for the stratics and here post about the topic.  Then if still no luck I will ask on stratics assuming MErlin and the other wieners there have not suspended me for a year and finally as a dead last resort I might ask here.  Something I have noticed here is that a certain posters endless questions are pretty much all covered in detail and can be found with a simple google search.
    I was wondering, also to revamp the rogue template, wouldn't it be a lot of fun if stealing from NPCs was Designed so that, if a monster was listed to carry certain resources in their loot corpse (be it for crafting or imbuing), the Rogue could steal them from the creature without the need to actually have to kill it ? 

Need special Gems ? Need Essences ? Need Imbuing Mats ? Any other resource which spawns as loot on creatures ?

Rather then having to kill them and loot their corpse, as an alternative, it could now be made possible to steal them without having to kill the creature...

This way, crafters who are no fighters, could still have a non-combat way of gathering the resources needed for their profession.

@Kyronix , do you like the idea ?
    Did popps just hijack his own thread?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I can already see the 12 other threads being created because "my thief keeps dying because he is revealed when he attempts to steal" and "monsters should have unlimited things to steal because how do I know if someone already stole from it" and "it takes too long to steal 10 Essense of direction because you need to steal (insert gorilla math)".... and further down the rabbit hole we goooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    so, Popps, how is the farming going?  now you have all the info you need you should harvesting loads by now?  Show us a screen shot of how many you have gotten so far
    edited March 2023
    keven2002 said:
    I can already see the 12 other threads being created because "my thief keeps dying because he is revealed when he attempts to steal" and "monsters should have unlimited things to steal because how do I know if someone already stole from it" and "it takes too long to steal 10 Essense of direction because you need to steal (insert gorilla math)".... and further down the rabbit hole we goooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Well, stealing from Monsters is nothing new (https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/combat/pvm-player-versus-monster/stealing-from-monsters/) why couldn't it be expanded also to all resources which crafters need and creatures carry as their loot ?
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    Well, stealing from Monsters is nothing new (https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/combat/pvm-player-versus-monster/stealing-from-monsters/) why couldn't it be expanded also to all resources which crafters need and creatures carry as their loot ?
    Would you then ask for gloves of direction steal when you felt drop rate was to low also taking thing from dead bodies is already stealing 
    so, Popps, how is the farming going?  now you have all the info you need you should harvesting loads by now?  Show us a screen shot of how many you have gotten so far
    It is going slow as I could not play much this past week.

popps said:
    It is going slow as I could not play much this past week.

See you guys don't realize that while annoying he's probably better than you 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    popps said:
    I was wondering, also to revamp the rogue template, wouldn't it be a lot of fun if stealing from NPCs was Designed so that, if a monster was listed to carry certain resources in their loot corpse (be it for crafting or imbuing), the Rogue could steal them from the creature without the need to actually have to kill it ? 

Legit post, stealing does need a major upgrade. +1 on that but it'll never happen. 

A thievery revamp is supposedly on the list to be looked at in the future. That was 4+ years ago lol.