Crafting a Luck Suit : Which Reforged Pieces do I use?

PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
edited March 2023 in General Discussions
This is a continuation of this thread but specific about one part of the process.
https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12004/crafting-a-mage-luck-suit-for-the-mini-abominations

Start Here: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/10175/crafting-elemental-weapons-and-luck-suits-with-max-resists-step-by-step

That tells you how to save pieces to get your resists. And then how to reforge for 150 Luck.

Which 150 Luck Reforged pieces do I use to imbue?

The Luck property is 150 points.  You have 500 total points to use.  

You will get another property besides Luck so that is what this thread is about.

500 - 150 is 350.

We have 350 points to use, most properties take 100 or more points to get to a beneficial amount.

Concentrating on a Mage Luck Suit still.  We have Luck and another property,

Good properties to appear for a Mage are:

Self Repair 0 points, it goes away when the item is imbued.
+ Intel  4 is 55 points  (rare chance to get this)
+ Mana  8 is 110 points
Mana Regen  50 per point  
Lower Mana 8%  110 points
Lower Reagent Cost 20 is 100 points

You have a keeper if the second property is any of these at any value.
MR is tricky tho.  If you hit 3 MR that is 150 Points so you have only 200 points left so you can not max 2 more properties.  You can reduce MR with imbuing.

You can imbue 5 properties on an item but Luck is overcapped so you will not have enough points to add 4 things to Luck.

The most you can get is: Luck and 3 other properties at Max. You will have a few points left but nothing to use them on.

Example:
Luck 150
LMC 8
LRC 20
Mana Increase 8

That adds up to 470 points.  So 30 spare points.

Basically you had to hit one of those 3 things with the Luck to be able to add 2 more full intensity things.

What if a Resist is one of the things you get when reforging?

Whether that is good or bad depends on you needing more in that resist.  Only resistances higher than the base amount the item had counts as extra imbuing points.  So going from 8 to 12 in cold costs an extra 60 points for those 4 points...

Resists are weighted differently.  The total value is the cost.

Physical 5.3 points per % (you probably did not want this)
Fire 4 points per%
Cold, poison and Energy 4.6 points per %

A piece with 8 cold resist is 33 points

The base piece has 35 Resist %  When you add Exceptional resist values you get 35 on the base piece.

If that value is higher after reforging then you increased a resist by reforging.  You have to pay for all of a resist that was increased.  You can lower that resist if needed.

IMO resists are not good to roll when reforging.

Other good second properties to roll when reforging:

Recall that 30 points we had spare when adding 3 maximum properties to an item.
Some of these fit in those 30 points.

Hit Chance increase 8 points per, rare to be over 4
Defense Chance Increase 7 points per, rare to be over 4
Enhance potions 4 points per  Usually low.

IMO one of those three is the best non mage thing to roll with Luck.  You can usually imbue three more properties at Max intensity! 

Strength or Dex  rare 13 points per
Casting Focus 40 points per.

Bad things to roll with Luck:

Increased Durability.... Toss it before it breeds!
Lower requirements .... Toss it before it breeds!
Element eater  not too bad if 6 or less 36 points for 6
Damage eater 90 points for 6.  Toss it!

Sometimes you get 3 properties when reforging, so use this info to judge the third property.

Have fun saving the best pieces to get the most benefit from each Luck Suit Piece.

Once you make a bunch of pieces you find it is not that complicated.

Good Luck crafting!

Use PoF before imbuing!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    edited March 2023
    If you are making a Luck suit for a Dexxer:

If you hit 150 luck and Dex increase you won the lottery.  +4 is common you can get +5.
    You can not imbue + dex.

A primo piece:

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,999
    Very nice!
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    You can save a few points on a mage 6 piece suit by not maxing LRC to 20 on all 6 piece. Do 17 on 4 pieces and 16 on the other 2 pieces. That will bring you to 100.  No need for 120 LRC.

Since LMC maxes at 40 you can imbue 5 pieces at 8 which leaves an available slot on the 6th piece. Or you can do 4 pieces at 7 and 2 at 6 if you need points and do not need that extra available slot.

edited March 2023
    TimSt said:
    You can save a few points on a mage 6 piece suit by not maxing LRC to 20 on all 6 piece. Do 17 on 4 pieces and 16 on the other 2 pieces. That will bring you to 100.  No need for 120 LRC.

Since LMC maxes at 40 you can imbue 5 pieces at 8 which leaves an available slot on the 6th piece. Or you can do 4 pieces at 7 and 2 at 6 if you need points and do not need that extra available slot.
    Yes and you will find a bunch of 7 LMC and 15 LRC pieces on VS that someone is selling because they did an upgrade to their suit.

Same point:
    Look in all of your containers and find all of your non crafted Luck pieces.

Put all your non crafted pieces on your test model first!

So at the end you do not end up with extra mods that could have been something else.

You don't want to craft everything and then end up with 120 LRC because you put on the Lt Sash and Minax Sandals after you made the suit, they have 10 LRC each.

I was going to make 2 Suits but I had so many extra LRC pieces left over after I made new pieces to get just 100LRC that I made another.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    If you're making suits I'll be in the market to buy another. 
    Urge said:
    If you're making suits I'll be in the market to buy another. 
    I'll be starting one for a player on LS tonight so in a day or 2 I'll know what resources I still have and extra pieces.   I'll PM you here when done  Thanks