Stop Closing threads

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    edited February 2023
    gay said:
    Idk if it's just me and the people I know, but I can honestly say that I've never in two decades had the issue of "frantically double clicking and accidentally dismounting myself". So I find that option laughable.

I'm not even sure what someone would be doing spam double clicking the ground that near their own character other than trying to open/close a door or open a container. Which both have better solutions already built in. 1. Make an open door macro. 2. Hold Ctrl-Shift and double click the big nameplate.
    Never been surrounded in a spawn before, I see.  Some do not use macros to attack things, they double click the mobs. 

The devs must have had requests to add the feature because it is relatively new.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,387
    Ya that’s me, no macros and yes trying to mount and run I have killed my pet more than a few times. I only use CC No Add-Ons No macros No 3rd party BS at all AND that is why I do so poorly at events and treasure of boring grind crap 

The egg thing last year was fun ! 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “What to do if forum mod makes false allegations against a poster?
    other thread said to contact @admin
    but no response
    its inactive account”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Pawain said:
    gay said:
    Idk if it's just me and the people I know, but I can honestly say that I've never in two decades had the issue of "frantically double clicking and accidentally dismounting myself". So I find that option laughable.

I'm not even sure what someone would be doing spam double clicking the ground that near their own character other than trying to open/close a door or open a container. Which both have better solutions already built in. 1. Make an open door macro. 2. Hold Ctrl-Shift and double click the big nameplate.
    Never been surrounded in a spawn before, I see.  Some do not use macros to attack things, they double click the mobs. 

The devs must have had requests to add the feature because it is relatively new.

Been surrounded by spawn plenty of times. As stated, ctrl-shift has always been the best way to interact with object nearby.
    edited February 2023
    Skett said:
    Ya that’s me, no macros and yes trying to mount and run I have killed my pet more than a few times. I only use CC No Add-Ons No macros No 3rd party BS at all AND that is why I do so poorly at events and treasure of boring grind crap 

The egg thing last year was fun ! 
    Now you know to have these two options checked.  The block dismount so you wont hop off, and the Block war on pets in the Reputation menu so you will not kill the pet. 

The Block war did not work until recently. They worked great in Deceit!

Remember you can open these 2 Gumps in Felucca.

gay said:
    Pawain said:
    gay said:

Been surrounded by spawn plenty of times. As stated, ctrl-shift has always been the best way to interact with object nearby.
    That's why you are L33T. The select nearest and attack macro was working for me in Deceit, so I hope I will not have to double click things now.
  • It takes a lot more than deleted threads that you don't approve of to warrant rational comparisons to Nazi Germany.

Or, really, anything.

The fact that this thread, making such an offensive comparison without obvious humorous intent, is not itself deleted, to me actually suggests that this form is under-, not over-, moderated.
    The fact that this thread, making such an offensive comparison without obvious humorous intent, is not itself deleted, to me actually suggests that this form is under-, not over-, moderated.
    I agree posters are bullying the mods to post too many things that do not help the UO community in any way.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Thank you for your feedback.
This discussion has been closed.