Still can't buy game time....

anyone had any luck themselves?

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Some players have reported successfully buying 3 month game time codes or 1 month subscription.

This was shown to me by a French player. I have removed his account name.
  • Thank you, I'll give it a try  :)
  • CathyCathy Posts: 10
    @Mariah, surprises me that you as a Mod dont know the difference.
    That screen ypu show is not about game time code. That is the option to subscribe using a credit card and not game  time code. Which still not working, since January 20th
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited February 2023
    Cathy said:
    @ Mariah, surprises me that you as a Mod dont know the difference.
    That screen ypu show is not about game time code. That is the option to subscribe using a credit card and not game  time code. Which still not working, since January 20th
    If you really need to pay for an account to not become inactive.  What difference does it make how the 30 days are applied.  You still pay with a CC.  I have never used anything but the 6Mo auto renewal.

Unless you are selling the GTCs.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "because game time code is cheaper"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Pawain said:
    Cathy said:
    If you really need to pay for an account to not become inactive.  What difference does it make how the 30 days are applied.  You still pay with a CC.  I have never used anything but the 6Mo auto renewal.

Yep all of the CC subs work just fine but that is a separate system from the EA Store from what I understand.  6 Month Auto Renew Subs are the way to go.  And the cheapest way to Sub. 

Cathy said:

If you read what I wrote. People have been able to buy 3 month game time codes OR
    One month subscription.  I most certainly do know the difference. I have been paying to play the game for over 20 years!

Yoshi said:
    "because game time code is cheaper"

How do you figure it is cheaper?

subs.jpg 169.8K
    edited February 2023
    "Regional variation, it pays to shop around"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    “Oooh India is 3499 rupees for 6 months
    That’s $42.23 only “
    Yoshi said:
    “Oooh India is 3499 rupees for 6 months
    That’s $42.23 only “
    Your card does not charge conversion fees?  I guess if you are not in the US, companies acknowledge there are other countries on earth besides the US.
    edited February 2023
    ”oh wow $4.65 for one month gtc in Argentina, you can’t buy more than one month though

if you live in South Korea and try to buy from EA store it doesn’t let you - no add-ons, so have to use VPN to buy abroad, may as well buy cheapest”
  • Tyrath said:
    Pawain said:
    Cathy said:

Yep all of the CC subs work just fine but that is a separate system from the EA Store from what I understand.  6 Month Auto Renew Subs are the way to go.  And the cheapest way to Sub. 
    Always buy 6month codes for my accounts.
    Just needed something to work.
    CC subscription did work! Thanks!
    Yoshi said:
    "Regional variation, it pays to shop around"

So we are not comparing apples to apples.
    @Pawain you missing the point that a lot of people dont trust EA with a CC#.  you can google and you will find in the past years Fifa hack and many others data leak and I will never trust EA or UO with my CC.  also, maybe some people dont have CC and that was the reason GTC was created. so I dont think is fair to tell people, just accept the problem and subscribe with CC, when they (EA/UO)  clear have a problem to deal.
    Also again, dont you think that almost 20 days after @Mesanna ; 1st post about the problem, 20 Days after, we deserve some sort of update??

Cathy said:
    @ Pawain you missing the point that a lot of people dont trust EA with a CC#.  you can google and you will find in the past years Fifa hack and many others data leak and I will never trust EA or UO with my CC.  also, maybe some people dont have CC and that was the reason GTC was created. so I dont think is fair to tell people, just accept the problem and subscribe with CC, when they (EA/UO)  clear have a problem to deal.
    Also again, dont you think that almost 20 days after @ Mesanna  1st post about the problem, 20 Days after, we deserve some sort of update??

Ok. I did not know you could but things online without a CC. So, how do you buy GTC without a CC?

I have seen physical GTC in game stores a long time ago. 

Yes they should make the whole site work.
    I can list many different ways like bank account, paypal, EA wallet and list goes on. which none are working atm.
  • I despair this situation has been going on now for some time and the last statement we get on I think 3 feb is we are looking into this is a major problem you should be on to EA every day to sort this out where is the update, is there going to be one,the lack of any communication in the game in the last 12 months is terrible.
    Cathy said:
    I can list many different ways like bank account, paypal, EA wallet and list goes on. which none are working atm.
    All those require a credit or debit card or bank account Using a debit card is the worst you can do. A credit card has legal obligations to return fraudulent charges. A bank debit card or bank account does not.

We used to pay with cash and checks. When eBay began, you sent the seller a check or cash in the mail.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    edited February 2023
    Pawain said:
    Cathy said:
    All those require a credit or debit card or bank account Using a debit card is the worst you can do. A credit card has legal obligations to return fraudulent charges. A bank debit card or bank account does not.

We used to pay with cash and checks. When eBay began, you sent the seller a check or cash in the mail.
    Why must you comment on literally everything you have no stake in this no one wants or needs your special help
    edited February 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Cathy said:

Why must you comment on literally everything you have no stake in this no one wants or needs your special help
    Because you do. At least I offer advice.
    You offer nothing such as this example of your posting.

This poster was telling us they did not use credit cards because they are afraid of a site.

Which is bad advice.

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/credit-card-vs-debit-card/#use

Sorry I like to help others 

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Cathy said:

Because you do. At least I offer advice.

This poster was telling us they di not use credit cards because they are afraid of a site.

Which is bad advice.

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/credit-card-vs-debit-card/#use

You offer work around instead of asking for the developers to do thier job not at all helping and have no right to tell others how they should pay
    Can we please stop with the Pawain & Grimbeard show? No one wants to read your constant bickering.
    “Speak for yourself, only reason I read these forums some days”
  • I spoke to EA online help they finally admitted the problem is at their end and say they are working on it the more people complain to EA the more it will get priority the online chat said so i tried if others can also do this perhaps we as the players can sort it out and it seems to me no one else is going to
  • on a side note when you go into subscriptions and subscribe for a 6-month code it says 44 pounds inclusive of VAT but when you go to pays its adding an extra fee in the UK if it says the price inclusive of vat so it is not legal to add another 8 pounds and were is this charge coming from?? can anyone explain this to me 

• Seems like a scam, rent the game and bam you cant re-sub, dirty birds don't fly long.
  • Mariah said:
    Some players have reported successfully buying 3 month game time codes or 1 month subscription.

This was shown to me by a French player. I have removed his account name.
    Mariah can you look into why when you try to buy this on the UK site it says inclusive of VAT but when you get to payment another 8 Pounds it charge on top of 6 month price, I assume its a mistake as you can not do this in the UK when you state its VAT included 

edited February 2023
    I can't, it's an issue that needs querying with EA. :(
    According to the image posted earlier by Yoshi, 6 months gametime in UK is £47.99

• I am still waiting for sov codes 7 days after buying, emailed messana 5 times