Wished I had died

Of Covid after being called a liar by Mesanna, Mariah, and the Player base.   I was sick when I lost my spell books and Rune books.   I offer up medical documentation FROM A DOCTOR!  A MEDICAL DOCTOR and I am treated like Feces.  UO was my one last solace, refuge.  Now I just wish could die I have watched everyone around me pass away.   All I have left is my pets.  I gave up my job to care for my parents.  I am so sick of how everyone Including Mesanna, Mariah and players automatically assume everyone is a LIAR!  

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    I didn't say you were a liar. I accept that you were ill when you lost your items. However lost items are never replaced except in exceptional circumstances, usually when the loss was caused by a bug. Ill or not, your loss was caused by your own actions. No one here wishes you had died, we're not that mean. Perhaps some kind person on your shard can help you replace some of your items, but you don't get help by throwing tantrums and calling people names.
  • I have been asking for FOUR MONTHS!  the only response I get is PAY ME XXX Plats, gold or rl money.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,000
    Really we are going to entertain this? Why was this not immediately locked? 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2023
    We all know there has been a lack of response from the Dev Team, possibly because the NL project launch was delayed or wwhatever. 

We cannot change what others do or don't do, or the game etc. But don't let this game dominate you and decide what makes you happy. 

I would go and do something else and only remember the nice things, or whatever that is still enjoyable. What makes me stay on for 20 over years.

In the worse case, agree to disagree and there is no need to say the last word, and just move on to do better things for the day. UO is not everything.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    I hope you feel better.
    I'm sorry you have had a bad experience, but we've all lost items from time to time, pre AoS our bodies decayed if we couldn't get back to them, and lovely folk would quite often lure spawn between you and your corpse to ensure that happened.
    We've lost items through our own mistakes, forgetting to lock containers down, we've lost items through bugs and to thieves. Most of us just shrug and say 'well it's only pixels' and set out to replace what we lost.
    Items cannot be replaced because, unlike newer games, there is no reliable record of who had what when. Copied to Test center? yes. I have copied characters to test center,  and sometimes they were wearing another character's kit because of what I wanted to test there. Should I then claim that I had 'lost' that kit because the char on my home shard was no longer wearing it?

A tamer on test shard might have a pre-patch valuable pet - but how do you prove that the char on the home shard lost it? or did he sell it and then just claim it's lost. These things cannot be proven, so items cannot be replaced. Not Mesanna's rule, just one she inherited, because it's always been that way.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “What’s he lost?
    can I replace it?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “What’s he lost?
    can I replace it?”

She, not he.  To avoid re-opening a locked thread I have sent you a link via DM.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    If she needs all the shard-bound items on Legends... that will be hard to get. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • wait all this over 2 veteran rewards and some spellbooks ?
    I think it's time to end this one. If anyone is able, and willing, to help out on Legends, please do so through DM or Discord.
This discussion has been closed.