How does confidence work?

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited February 2023 in Skills and Stats
"There is a high chance i'm being very stupid. I read both uoguide and uo wiki, it says mana cost 10, I have 55 LMC so it costs me only 4/5 mana to cast,
But after i cast the spell it seems to be costing me a further 5 points in mana every second or so...

Here is an example, (please ignore the double shurikan exploit that is being used in this video that is a different topic and not under my control)

I start off with 52 mana when I cast confidence and takes me down to 47 as expected,
then mana drops again to 42>39>34>30>26>22

it's using up 5 mana each time you receive damage under confidence?
i thought mabye it's some sort of effect of a special poison but i don't read any that drains mana and the loss of mana seems to only occur after confidence spell. I am running level 3 bushido mastery, but again anticipate hit says nothing about costing additional mana.

Edit: I just try in PvM too it takes off more mana each time hit by something @Misk it's intended?"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,997
    Are you running bushido mastery? 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2023
    Yoshi said:
     I am running level 3 bushido mastery, but again anticipate hit says nothing about costing additional mana.

"Okay i switched masteries and can confirm it is anticipate hit that is causing the mana draining effect, draining an additional 10 mana (5 mana with lower mana cost bonus 55) each time confidence is not interrupted.

@Mariah i doubt this is working as intended, but please check with dev team if so and update description on wiki, as using up to 5 x as much mana is a big big issue. If not woking as intended please rename thread as anticipate hit draining mana and move to bug subforum"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited February 2023
    All masteries like this cost mana upkeep when active 
    edited February 2023
    “It’s low plausibility, if you had no lower mana cost it’s 60 mana for an extra like 10 hit points regenerated, and that’s with 120 real bushido skill with level III mastery
    and unlike other masteries that have mana upkeep, buff for this has no mention of such, plus mana upkeep can vary with skill and mastery level, I’m sure this is coding error”
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    "yeah so mana cost is to cast the spell, nothing about mana upkeep like on other mastery buffs"
    Yoshi said:
    "yeah so mana cost is to cast the spell, nothing about mana upkeep like on other mastery buffs"
    Every one works same ..
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited February 2023
    Yoshi said:
    The 5 (10).  Costs 10 to cast 5 to upkeep.  

Grim is doing a good job of explaining how a  running buffing spell works.  There are many. They all cost mana to cast and to keep running.  No free rides.

You literally proved the numbers in your post, but you somehow went on a tangent of damage causing it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited February 2023
    I do not have any toons with. Bushido, but Toughness looks like this when you hover over the icon in your buff bar in CC. 

Consume also has a Mana upkeep number.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited February 2023
    "every single mastery that has mana upkeep cost displays:
    Mana upkeep cost:

not this, because there is no mana upkeep cost,
    why it would cost you 10 mana for reduced hit point regen by 75%,
    when you can just recast the spell for also 10 mana at 100% hit point regen?

@Misk please tell these fools it is broken, I am slowly losing IQ points from reading this thread"
    edited February 2023
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    The 5 (10).  Costs 10 to cast 5 to upkeep.  

Grim is doing a good job of explaining how a  running buffing spell works.  There are many. They all cost mana to cast and to keep running.  No free rides.

You literally proved the numbers in your post, but you somehow went on a tangent of damage causing it.

"you're ofcourse wrong, the screenshot Maria gave is Enhanced client, which shows mana cost (10), and the other figure on the left is how much mana it actually costs her factoring the lower mana cost"
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Yoshi said:

@ Misk please tell these fools it is broken, I am slowly losing IQ points from reading this thread"

Thread closed: Terms of service violation.
This discussion has been closed.