The Mighty Pac fall down. Go boom.

5:47pm 15/02/2023

RIP
-Arroth

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Still down as of 6:13 pm 15/02/2023.

I hope the revert is not large.  I was training spell weaving at the time.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    rumor has it some wild person was digging and hit a power line .....
    I don't think anyone works past 5pm est here anymore
    so probable wont be fixed until they wake up tomorrow and see the game broke
  • Yeah, probably.

I just started a toon on Siege to see what that was like, as did a couple of others evidently.

Was standing in the Inn in Britain and my toon turned Orange. Only message I got in my journal was "You are now open to attack." I'm guessing I missed the VvV warning gump?

I have no idea how to un-orange him. Looks like a 3-day waiting period or something?

He'll just stay logged out for the next couple of years...
    -Arroth
    ya that needs fixed

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Yeah, probably.

I just started a toon on Siege to see what that was like, as did a couple of others evidently.

Was standing in the Inn in Britain and my toon turned Orange. Only message I got in my journal was "You are now open to attack." I'm guessing I missed the VvV warning gump?

I have no idea how to un-orange him. Looks like a 3-day waiting period or something?

Aren't you open to attack anywhere on Siege?  Every time I go there I see Max chasing and killing players in Luna.  :D

The doll is blessed so they cant take it. Just afk in Luna in a house near the NPCs.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Still down 
    Damn. I hope y'all get a nice deco item out of this. I was there collecting plushies. I hope I did not break the shard.
  • Wow. 14hrs. Still down. Even through a server maintenance cycle.

Wonder how bad the revert is going to be.

I wasn't starting a toon on Siege to collect dolls. I was actually going to play on Siege a bit. You're correct though, you are always open to attack on Siege, so I guess the flagging is kind of irrelevant.
    -Arroth
    While Pac is in the void beyond power up arch fire demons have invaded the land and laid waste to everything. Towns are in ruins and the NPCs either dead or enslaved. Forests are burnt asunder. Using strong magics the arch fire demons have broken the wards protecting player housing and the player houses, keeps, towers, and castles are just burnt out crumbling husks.
  • No worries, New Legacy will bring snow to put out all the fires. Right @Grimbeard?

-Arroth
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    No worries, New Legacy will bring snow to put out all the fires. Right @ Grimbeard?

Each one drawn by misk with love 
  • Yeah, probably.

To remove him from being orange, a VvV or other orange player will need to kill you, or stay logged in for many hours. I’d put everything in the bank, call @Max_Blackoak a sissy in GC and tell him where you’re at. That or just look sideways at Bo. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Yup. Max will gladly help you out.
  • Nails_WarsteinNails_Warstein Posts: 127
    edited February 2023
    Take your pick of potential reasons,

Cyber attack on power grids
    Processing plants burned to the ground
    Pipeline sabotage
    Train derailments
    Supply chain disruptions
    Spy balloons
    ChatGPT

• To remove him from being orange, a VvV or other orange player will need to kill you, or stay logged in for many hours. I’d put everything in the bank, call @ Max_Blackoak a sissy in GC and tell him where you’re at. That or just look sideways at Bo. 

Thanks Vic and Max.
    -Arroth
  • Max is always glad to help

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Are we going to get the Jolly Rogers flag like Atlanta has now ?
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Yeah, probably.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp. You just die and turn blue.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited February 2023
    gay said:
    Yeah, probably.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp. You just die and turn blue.
    I actually tried dying before I posted. Died to both a blue player and to a grey monster, still stayed orange. Waited through a server cycle, still stayed orange.

My three-day waiting period comment was because I wasn't sure how the flagging system treated missing the VvV warning gump as compared to purposefully interacting with the VvV system. I thought missing the gump may have shadow enrolled a player in VvV and the "enrollment" would expire after three days, similar to the rules for quiting VvV.

That assumption was incorrect. The system flags you as if you have purposefully interacted with VvV (i.e. attacked/healed a VvV player) and you must either die to another VvV player (maybe just another orange player) or stay logged in for 8 hours.

@Mariah maybe I just missed it, but you may want to add a tidbit to the VvV wiki page under the Flagging section. Something like: "Players who miss the VvV warning gump, or do not leave town rapidly enough, are treated as attacking/healing a VvV participant and must therefore..."

Anyway, Vic and Max fixed it. Plus, now I can refer back to the day Max Blackoak blue me...

Some of you will get the reference.

-Arroth
    We used to have an orange player with us on spawns.  Inevitably someone in the group would turn orange. They would change back when killed by the spawn or by another one of us who accidentally attacked them with a pet. One guy died to his own pet and went back to blue. Siege may be different.

Is Max in VvV?
  • Pawain said:
    We used to have an orange player with us on spawns.  Inevitably someone in the group would turn orange. They would change back when killed by the spawn or by another one of us who accidentally attacked them with a pet. One guy died to his own pet and went back to blue. Siege may be different.

Is Max in VvV?

-Arroth
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @Arroth_Thaiel I will add a note that 'open to attack' means you will turn orange.
    Hey @Misk and @Kyronix, It looks like Pacific going down last Wednesday and recovery on Thursday has affected the plant growth timers on Pacific. Seeds I planted last Saturday are still at 5 days of growth when they should be at 6 days of growth as of today, Friday. Could you give the timers a check.  Thanks
    edited February 2023
    TimSt said:
    Hey @ Misk and @ Kyronix, It looks like Pacific going down last Wednesday and recovery on Thursday has affected the plant growth timers on Pacific. Seeds I planted last Saturday are still at 5 days of growth when they should be at 6 days of growth as of today, Friday. Could you give the timers a check.  Thanks
    Reverts can lose a day on plant and pet bonding timers.
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    Hey @ Misk and @ Kyronix, It looks like Pacific going down last Wednesday and recovery on Thursday has affected the plant growth timers on Pacific. Seeds I planted last Saturday are still at 5 days of growth when they should be at 6 days of growth as of today, Friday. Could you give the timers a check.  Thanks
    Reverts can lose a day on plant and pet bonding timers.
    When they got Pacific back up Thursday afternoon they did manage to update the timers and my plants were the expected 5 days old for having been planted last Saturday. So unless there was  revert after the Friday morning server up the timers may not be ticking.  Which is not unheard of.  The last time Pac was majorly down it took the devs a few days to get the timers back up and running reliably.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

first time I have ever seen this
  • ... welp ... Pacific is down again ... that was ... an adventure? ... nice total pause in the boss fight but we could all still talk in chat til the server crashed ... kudos ...
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • Yeah, that was kind of humorus.

I hit 120.0 Chiv just after things went sideways. We'll see how bad the revert is.

Wonder if it will come back up this weekend, or we have to wait until Monday when Bleak is at work.
    -Arroth
    yup dropped off again but i got a drop from event !

Orcish Visage :(