EA Payment system down?

A guildmate has been trying to buy a 1 month GTC via the EA store for days 

Tried several cards myself tonight and non of them work. I am based in the UK. 

This message comes up in a yellow banner at the top:

Your request could not be processed.
We were unable to verify your credit or debit card. Please check your payment details and try again. Alternatively try another credit card or payment option or check with your card issuer or bank.

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Please keep it down.

Trust me on this one. :)
  • Happening to me, and a couple other players I know.
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    edited February 2023
    Tried to buy a gametime code today through the EA Store and had no luck.  Same credit card I've used before and I know it should work (ie I've got credit and it's not expired or anything).  I'm based in the US.
  • I think the system just rejects all payment types and has been intermittently down for about a week, as far as I can gather. A friend tried with an EA wallet balance for me in the US and that didn't work either.  
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    I think the system just rejects all payment types and has been intermittently down for about a week, as far as I can gather. A friend tried with an EA wallet balance for me in the US and that didn't work either.  
    Yep, agreed with you, our guys also having problems paying and getting back in.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    I can make 1 purchase fine but when I try to make a second purchase and hit pay it give the yellow framed "Oops there is a problem please try again later blah blah"  SO I it the pay button again and it goes through but stays in *Processing* for  1-12 hours before the order is complete and the code sent to the email.
  • I can imagine that this is a problem with their ssl certificates which runs out last weeks. EA as intermediate partner has to import this cert files.
    Got a new one today :)

• I purchased a 3 month GTC now, through PayPal and it worked. 6 months didn't, but that's fine for me for now.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • It’s a mess. It would appear that 3 month and sovereign purchases work but 1 and 6 month don’t 
  • Yep, just tried getting the 3 months and it worked here too...
    I was trying to buy 1 month during the weekend (and earlier today) and was getting errors every time.
  • Tyrath said:
    Got a new one today :)

Better than to get error Code 418.
  • @Mesanna @Kyronix
    Any idea on when this will be fixed? over 10 days and we cant buy anything on EA related to UO?
    I contacted EA and they said that they dont even know  about the issue?
  • Just tried to buy off the ea site as well and none of my cards worked as well.
  • I can't buy codes.  The 2 orders I was able to place from multiple times trying say "payment pending" since January 31st, and my credit card said they approved them.  Between this and the auction safe debacle, I am growing concerned about UO.  At least no new content until April, so we can all take a break, see how they like it when subscriptions go down.
  • EA Germany still doesn't offer 6-month codes - are they still on it or what's the problem? From the other postings here I assume that the problem is also elsewhere in Europe. America and in the countries where other players are still enthusiastic about UO. Plz help as quick as possible - Thx.

People still want to get rid of money for this old luminary called UO and can not because  the offer is not right. This new homepage design of EA doesn't make it easy for the customer who needs codes for old online games - there is - in my opinion - no really good visible search function where you can search for games like UO which are now 25 years old (not 15  ;) ) .  Searching and finding something seems to be possible only via Google.....this old aunt knows nearby everything ;)

[...] The world should actually be struck with storms of enthusiasm about this miracle - instead, meanwhile, nothing comes... zero niente nada.... just silence ;) - how much longer?  

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• The little arrow will allow you to scroll to the 6 month code. Unlikely you’ll be able to buy it at the moment. The issues appear to fall into 4 categories
    1. You get a processing message and no code / email with it stuck as pending
    2. You get a message to try a different payment type (even tho the exact card works on other products on the same store)
    3. You get an intermittent issue were sometimes it works but at a different time of day it does not 
    4. You can only buy specific products such as 3 month GTCs  

I posted here about this over a week ago and a web post went onto the UO site. 

I appreciate broadsword can not physically sort out the issue but I urge you to update your ticket which EA appear to know nothing about. In the meantime at the very least you should stop letting peoples houses fall after 25 years because they can’t refresh them due to these issues which are clearly beyond their control. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
     no really good visible search function where you can search for games like UO which are now 25 years old (not 15  ;) ) .  Searching and finding something seems to be possible only via Google.....this old aunt knows nearby everything ;)

The link to EA store on the uo.com homepage has been edited to go directly to the uo pages instead of the the EA homepage. Please use that link to aid you, so you don't need to search.

I am told by some players that they have been able to purchase 3 month gametime codes. While this may not be ideal, it is an improvement on not being able to purchase at all.
  • @Mesanna Someone asked me since they can't currently buy any codes, not even the 3 month code, could we have idocs turned off until this is fixed?  Thank you!
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Tried to buy sovereigns.  I was able to buy the 2,000 sovereign package but not the 5,000 sovereign package. Clicking on the confirm button for the 5,000 sovereigns brought up the spinning wait icon then nothing. Hopefully, I did not end up purchasing 3 of the 5,000 packages because I clicked the confirm button 3 times.

TimSt said:
    Tried to buy sovereigns.  I was able to buy the 2,000 sovereign package but not the 5,000 sovereign package. Clicking on the confirm button for the 5,000 sovereigns brought up the spinning wait icon then nothing. Hopefully, I did not end up purchasing 3 of the 5,000 packages because I clicked the confirm button 3 times.

I get to PAY NOW and click it and get the yellow box with " Something went wrong please try again later."  On Everything now.  LOL I know it is not a lack of funds or bank issue, I put a $6000 check for a steer in the UO Fund Checking acct on Monday.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    They are taking too long to solve the payment issue. The standard should be within 24 hours. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Seth said:
    They are taking too long to solve the payment issue. The standard should be within 24 hours. 

Making snowflakes for NL is obviously more important than any of these other trivial issues 
    TimSt said:

Tried your buying 2k Sovs and bought 10k worth with no problems.  Just more hassle entering more codes and figuring out if it is a 9 or g to confirm LOL.  SO yep can buy 2k.  Tried 5k after I bought the 2ks and still won't let it happen.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Grimbeard said:
    Seth said:

Making snowflakes for NL is obviously more important than any of these other trivial issues 
    Do you purposely lie and give false information?  Do you not see all the EA logos on the store page that is called EA store?  Why would you think the developers of UO are who keep the store pages running?  EA has been notified if not by Mythic, posters have said they called them.  They just need to find the guy that knows UO is an EA game.

Take off your hate goggles and see the beauty in the world.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Seth said:

Do you purposely lie and give false information?  Do you not see all the EA logos on the store page that is called EA store?  Why would you think the developers of UO are who keep the store pages running?  EA has been notified if not by Mythic, posters have said they called them.  They just need to find the guy that knows UO is an EA game.

Take off your hate goggles and see the beauty in the world.
    I love you and UO and even Bonnie i do not enjoy poor leadership and we are all entitled to our opinions 
  • Well it may be convenient for the income of EA to be forced to purchase 90 Day GTC since attempts to pay for a 30 Day GTC run into the mentioned error.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited February 2023
    I really hope they fix the regional currencies exploit. Way too many people making a 'career' out of selling GTCs.

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
This discussion has been closed.