Crafting my first Gargoyle suit

TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
edited January 2023 in Skills and Stats
I am crafting my first Gargoyle suit. The character will be a Tamer Weaver Mage mainly taking on Krampus.

I already have on it:
Physical Resist 80 (to counter act the -10 from the Protection spell)
Fire Resist 70
Cold Resist 32
Poison Resist 28
Energy Resist 70
LRC 100
LMC 40
HPR 12
HPI 25

I have 1 imbuing slot left on each of the 6 pieces and I am wondering what I should use those slots for.
Should I bring the Cold and Poison resists up to 70?
Should I add Reflect Physical Damage?
Should I add Luck?
Should I add Mana Regen?

Thoughts and advise?

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Take a char to underwater and go dumpster diving on the boss corpse when it turns public, you’ll get a ton of legendaries, just alter to gargoyle
    You’ll get things with 6-8 mods, often over cap with max resist compared to 5 mods you get from imbuing”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    But that is not crafting a suite. Crafting is what I am interested in doing.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,018
    TimSt said:
    But that is not crafting a suite. Crafting is what I am interested in doing.
    Your biggest hurdle will be lack of tinker runic 
    "okay you want to craft, its medable suit you're making or non med?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I am making a medable suit.
    "what did you craft the first pieces from?
    Best to use horned or barbed leather as you get more base resist, then you i think would not be so short on resists

(in the past, you would use normal leather, imbue resist then enhance with a tool charge but really not worth using a tool to enhance imbued armor nowadays, only worth enhancing legendary armor"

Starting with normal leather then later enhancing with spined leather to get the 40 extra luck points.  And I totally forgot that enhancing with spined leather also gives me 9 extra physical resist points. So, I'll be redistributing the excess points to either cold or poison using the Anvil of Artifacts.

By the way, I am crafting the suit first on the Test Shard so I do not use up my AoA charges on production.
    Sadly other than the fact someone might want to craft thier own loot armor far superior even for gargoyles 
    “Are you interested in reforging some pieces?
    that’s crafting”
    Not interested in reforging because of the randomness.  I already tailored over 2000 exceptional suit pieces trying to get something with usable resists but the RNG did not like me.  I am burned out with randomness.
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    Sounds like you have most of what you need as a Tamer/Mage.  I would recommend just maxing resists out, then if you have any room left, put Mana Regen on it.  Other than that, the suit looks decent.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    I guess the anvil of artifacts has a use with imbuing.  Too bad it was 20 years too late in coming.

Sure you can imbue an all 70s resist 40 LMC 100% LRC suit. It has been done for years. Will be easier with the anvil.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited January 2023
    This thread really illustrates the way too huge gap between loot and crafting you can build a far superior suit even with zero  skill simply looting public scalis corpses having to burn through multiple runics hoping for a decent piece only then to have to use a store bought item to make it close to loot should be simply unacceptable to the player base..
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    You don't need runics.  Gargoyle suits are pretty simple to imbue max resists 100 LRC and 40 LMC.  That's really all you need to accomplish 99% of the game...you probably don't even need that, but since that is relatively simple to obtain, might as well.  Legendary Artifacts as loot are above and beyond overkill vs. what is actually necessary to play the game.  Just win-more items.  OP seems like all he wants to do is craft/imbue a decent suit to go play the game and he looks to be on the right track.
    If this is Pacific Tim then I've seen him in both gm armor and a journeyman suit doing event dungeons quite successfully proof that we want leet gear not need
    Grimbeard said:
    If this is Pacific Tim then I've seen him in both gm armor and a journeyman suit doing event dungeons quite successfully proof that we want leet gear not need
    Yep, I am Pacific Tim.  Except for the journeyman suit all of my suits are GM crafted. This is the first suit for a gargoyle that I have tried to craft since he will be the first gargoyle I use for something other than getting holiday and anniversary gifts. Hence, why I do not know what a gargoyle needs for suit properties.