Entries From the Journal of Moreno Dionisio, Part Two

EM ObsidianEM Obsidian Posts: 321Event Moderator

Entries From the Journal of Moreno Dionisio, Part Two 

Day Twenty-Seven: 

With almost all of my gemstones sold or traded to pay my way I have had to resort to picking some of the wild plants, herbs and fungus that is around the swamplands. The alchemist doesn’t pay too much for my efforts as the reagents are very abundant. Perhaps if I speak with some of the merchants, they would be willing to pay me more and bring back my haul to farther reaches where these ingredients are uncommon.

I am unsure how I am going to pay the workers to construct something for me with minimal coin at my disposal. Perhaps if I offer to lend some labor they will consider? 

Day Thirty-One: 

I saw a ghost today; Well, not a real ghost, but someone who I never imagined I would see here in Papua. The vile elf from Trinsic, Tanila Elnorin! Luckily, she did not notice me. I do not know what was said, but it appeared that she and a few Paladin Justicars was speaking with some of the dockworkers. They did not stay around for too long; it seems the townsfolk were less than helpful towards them.

I suppose I would be doing the same if I were in her shoes; We had to eliminate her spouse Ivasaar who was investigating our heist on the Britain mint. I can only assume she will spend the rest of her days trying to bring us to justice. I only hope the merchants that I sailed here with kept their mouth shut… 

Day Thirty-Three: 

I have been spending some time researching into the “Refuge of the Whispers” I was not able to find much, but it seems the caves where the I’Ordre du Verrat wrecked reveal themselves when they are ill-met by the moons. I am not sure exactly what this means, perhaps something to do with when the moons are full at night? I will need some more time to research this. I couldn’t find anything on the Captain, Luzor Memishh other than what I have heard from the stories. Perhaps he is from a time before detailed shipping manifests and records were kept? I can only imagine the treasures that are hidden… It would be great to utilize them to get the Family up and running again. 

Day Thirty-Four: 

I was able to get some things going with one of the townsfolk, Mennar. Mennar agreed to start constructing a building deep in the swamps. He was very hesitant at first, almost shrugged me off… But I convinced him with a potential share of the treasure from the I’Ordre du Verrat should we find her. I’ll also be helping them with some of the labor; Bringing materials, supplies, helping around. I cannot remember the last time I earned an honest wage! 

Day Thirty-Seven: 

Progress is just beginning on the new hideout. I do not know how these workers do it! They work for over twelve hours in the damp, misty swamps and then they drink… and drink more! If I put that much ale down, I would be worthless the next day; But these men are up before dawn, working away. I’ve noticed a few of them sneering at me, thinking I am lazy perhaps? I do not know.

With their kind of hard work ethic, perhaps I can recruit some of them when we re-establish ourselves?

https://www.facebook.com/em.obsidian 
eventmoderatorobsidian@gmail.com