I went AFK

I am 71 years old and my butt hurts sitting for a while, I hid and got up to stretch, when I came back from that short period I was standing spawn started to appear, I cast EV and started attacking with bow and spell.  My character is a Archer/mage/spellweaver.  When I saw my EV turn away and I was doing no damage I knew then that somehow I was being pick as a BAD person and not allowed to defend myself.  
Vixen:
You are dead.
a skeletal knight: *rummages through a corpse and takes an item*
Vixen: -go ahead and kill me you SOB;  Vixen: I was present all the time
You cannot control that while dead. They can't hear your voice.
Vixen: I was present all the time
Vixen: I was present all the time

Please enter [ to reply to the GM.
[GM][Quinn]: Begin GM Chat
[GM][Quinn]: Greetings! This is GM Quinn! I'm here to help with your issue with your character. Do you have a moment? You can respond to me by typing [ followed by your text if you are in 2-D, or /gm for Enhanced Client.

[GM][Vixen]: I was fighting in four room with archer/mage/spellwever, running back and forth
Vixen: Vas An Nox - Arch Cure

[GM][Vixen]: one character with three skills
[GM][Quinn]: I understand, but the reason you were unable to do damage is because You have been flagged for AFK. The penalty for being flagged is not being able to do damage for a period of time.

[GM][Vixen]: and I found myself not able to do any defend myself, how long as I ws only afk a few seconds
[GM][Quinn]: I understand, it is because You have been flagged for AFK. The penalty for being flagged is not being able to do damage for a period of time.

[GM][Vixen]: how long a period?
[GM][Quinn]: I could not say, I'm sorry. 
[GM][Quinn]: Unfortunately, there is nothing more I can say or do about this. I am sorry. 
Vixen: In Vas Mani - Greater Heal
[GM][Vixen]: thank you for at least answering me

[GM][Quinn]: Of course. 
[GM][Vixen]: have a good day
[GM][Quinn]: Is there anything else I can assist with today? 
[GM][Quinn]: You as well 
[GM][Quinn]: Thank you so much for playing Ultima Online, I do hope you have a great day! Stay Safe!
[GM][Quinn]: End GM Chat

I was told from others that the period is 15 minutes, question I have is do I have to be in the game that 15 minutes or can I log out go sulk and come back a hour later to play again?
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    So if your butt hurts from sitting to long, recall or run out side before you go AFK
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Good question also would be curious if this is a progressive punishment and if so if there is a reset ie not flagged in a month goes to zero, and what actually is the method of flagging? As there is clearly no appeal would be nice to know specifics.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Drakelord said:
    So if your butt hurts from sitting to long, recall or run out side before you go AFK
    The problem people outside or even bank sitting are being hit. I'm sitting at gate burning counts and being helpless for 15 minutes 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    This is like watching a train wreck. 

So instead of sending gms to check if people are actually afk the game auto flags so gms can come chit chat. Makes perfect sense to me. 

Is this happening in every dungeon-place now?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730

I page a GM after it happen, below is when I saw I was doing no damage

The above is my skills on Vixen
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Yes I realized you paged. The point is that if gms have time to come talk then there was nothing wrong with the old honor system of paging. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    About half a dozen players hang out outside the active dungeons on my shard.  I know they are all real now.  Have at times talked or played with all of them.  Guess my question is how do they avoid timing out?  When I am learning casting skills I have macros that cast spell spells and even when I use those I get a time out warning after about six minutes.

Think policing is working overall.  Don’t see any artifacts for sale yet on my shard.  At other similar events two or three days in I would see a few vendors with plenty to sell at this point.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 173
    they are flagging people who aren't AFK as well, guess they got lazy and are letting some program go around and flag people it thinks is AFK.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    I've not been hit with any of this no-damage, system... i'm afk a lot when I'm outside deceit entrance.  

If this is true, and I'm still very skeptical of it. but....

Why the hell isn't this event active in fel with the spawn rate turned WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up in both tram & fel?

People shouldn't even be able to go afk without dying in seconds inside a dungeon to begin with.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Arnold7 said:
    Guess my question is how do they avoid timing out? 

"Timing Out" as in the idle warning is reset everytime someone enters your screen.   people used to afk all day dead at yew-gate in fel to let their murder counts decay because there was constant pvp going on at the gate, preventing them from idling out.  (before pardon's existed anyway)

people bank-sitting at luna, won't idle out because of traffic as well.  it's the same deal outside these event dungeons.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Wish people would say the Shard and if they were afk in the dungeon.

And whether they got a GM pop up box they have to click to get rid off.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Thanks CovenantX had always wondered about that.  Also, thanks for the answer to my spellweaving question.