open message button

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
"All clients, cannot open message by double clicking, only clicking on this small area in green allows you to open the message, causing much distress and frustration to users.

Expected result: for whole area to be double click able"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Where does this come from, I have never seen it.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I get message for my stall i can click anywhere EC 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2022
    "this message comes from when you win an auction safe, or when you have sold an item on an auction safe. so perhaps it is only auction safe message that has this bug as I tested both official clients"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I get it each week for magencia stalls. I never attempted to click in the wrong spot so mine always opens. That's why that spot is shaped like ye ol message.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited September 2022
    " Shrug i dunno, i receive a message from someone saying they have a bug where they can't open a message, i tell them to try open in official client, they still can't open and keyboard is close to being smashed. Then later they tell me after many attempts they have to double click this spot...
    I test on both EC and CC and was able to reproduce

Maybe you're just a genius who can problem solve without even thinking about it

but the UI looks the same as the UI for skills where all the grey area is clickable"

t1.png 25.8K
    edited September 2022
    Well tell them to click the picture of the message. I bet they can remember the next time. The skill buttons do not have a picture of the skill so yes, you can click anywhere.  Is this person also having problems using other gumps because he clicks something besides the arrows.  You may have to also teach them how to vote for governers or on a house in the next contest.

Was he able to find the spot to click once he read the message. It also has a specific spot to click.
    edited September 2022
    I guess I should feel proud of myself, just happened to get the message when I logged in.

I was somehow able to open the message read it and delete it by pushing the exact same size spot in each gump you cant just push the grey spots:

edited September 2022
    "you're just further proving the case,

if the button looked like that (which i have edited - it currently doesn't), then okay,
    you tried clicking this button here in red? no because it's not a button.

Stop blaming innocent people"
    t2.png 32.7K
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yoshi said:
    "All clients, cannot open message by double clicking, only clicking on this small area in green allows you to open the message, causing much distress and frustration to users.

Expected result: for whole area to be double click able"

Valid point. 

And this is not the worst example.

Try to click precisely the blue dot in your Rune Atlas, it's even smaller than the above.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs