25th Anniversary Gifts

What do you all think?

I love the art in the Tome.  Incredible work.
«1

Comments

  • I wish I could tell you. Every character on my account is bugged. The options for the rewards all say "Missing String ID".. I clicked on one on one of my characters and got an empty grey bag.
  • KazKaz Posts: 105
    Eekamouse - you need to patch update
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 426
    The tome is wicked cool!  
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,741
    The tomb is fantastic!! the artwork incredible!! the different pictures !!!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • The game is 25 years old, to thank the players they bring this insult out. Disgusting.  Sad, tired, boring, no imagination,  thought, or reward or thanks at all. Not useful to enhance gameplay, just more CRAP that will go into the bin. I am embarrassed for the Dev's and the state of this game if this is all they can come up with. No respect for the players. SHOCKING
  • ValeriaValeria Posts: 41
     :D yikes - so much anger... There aren't going to be anymore devs hired and probably haven't been for a decade. If your expectations haven't been reset by now this might not be the game for you.

    Imma go admire that tome and remember all the good times I have had with this game. Thanks UO team!
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 627
    I'm looking my gift horse in the mouth and being 100% honest here.

    I like the pages within the tomb a great deal. I think the artwork is very lovely. Would have been nice if a silver 25 medallion in the middle of the book stayed silver but the rest of the book could be dyed to your color of choice. It would set the 25-year emblem apart from the rest of the cover, showing it off better. 

    I like the skull bottle ok. I thought it was a new type of skull candle at first. I kinda wish it were. I'd rather have a new light source than something that gets my character drunk. Not sure why, if it's a bottle, I can't hold it in my hand. Not sure if it drops in different colors. The one I cashed in looks kind of goldish. Wish I could dye it.

    I loathe what's called the anniversary shield. I'm dumbfounded by it. I don't understand why it's not an equip-able shield with fantastic artwork that you can transmog for the shield slot. It looks like an interstate highway sign. An undyeable one at that. This plaque should have been pretty spectacular imo.

    The gift box, tomb and shield / not really a shield, are all monochromatic in an unfortunate, not particularly silvery, way.

    I'm not angry but I am pretty underwhelmed. Small dev team or no, I did think UO's year 25 would offer more of a bang! And with the only vet reward being added on our 25th year, being the Hildebrandt Shield, usable only by a player that never took a break, the prizes for being around for UO's 25th Anniversary feel like a bit of a short shrift. 

    Not a deal breaker for me. Still love the game. Still gonna have fun playing it. Still looking forward to what's next.


  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,969
    If you play with sound on. When you open the tome it plays that music, it over ridesthe game music so if you are like me and get tired of war mode music all the time, this is an item I will carry on each toon.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,276Moderator
    edited September 1
    A reminder of the notes on these:

    Silver Anniversary Shield

    The shield, when double clicked, will display a stylized version of the Ultima Online Charter Edition Box art with an anniversary inscription along with a musical accompaniment of Stones. The shield also bears the inscription, September 24, 1997 – the date Ultima Online launched. Silver Intoxicating Liquor The skull shaped bottle, when double clicked will inebriate the imbiber. The bottle is available in 11 common and 1 rare hue. Silver Anniversary Tome The tome, when double clicked will display a randomized scene of Britannian landscape as well as play a musical accompaniment appropriate to the scene. The tome also bears an inscription displaying the shard name the tome was redeemed as well as the date that shard went live.
    And for the tome:


  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,741
    LilyGrace said:
    I'm looking my gift horse in the mouth and being 100% honest here.

    I like the pages within the tomb a great deal. I think the artwork is very lovely. Would have been nice if a silver 25 medallion in the middle of the book stayed silver but the rest of the book could be dyed to your color of choice. It would set the 25-year emblem apart from the rest of the cover, showing it off better. 

    I like the skull bottle ok. I thought it was a new type of skull candle at first. I kinda wish it were. I'd rather have a new light source than something that gets my character drunk. Not sure why, if it's a bottle, I can't hold it in my hand. Not sure if it drops in different colors. The one I cashed in looks kind of goldish. Wish I could dye it.

    I loathe what's called the anniversary shield. I'm dumbfounded by it. I don't understand why it's not an equip-able shield with fantastic artwork that you can transmog for the shield slot. It looks like an interstate highway sign. An undyeable one at that. This plaque should have been pretty spectacular imo.

    The gift box, tomb and shield / not really a shield, are all monochromatic in an unfortunate, not particularly silvery, way.

    I'm not angry but I am pretty underwhelmed. Small dev team or no, I did think UO's year 25 would offer more of a bang! And with the only vet reward being added on our 25th year, being the Hildebrandt Shield, usable only by a player that never took a break, the prizes for being around for UO's 25th Anniversary feel like a bit of a short shrift. 

    Not a deal breaker for me. Still love the game. Still gonna have fun playing it. Still looking forward to what's next.


    Lilly has a little Mcdougle in her after all  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 627
    Thanks, Mariah, I'd not read this info before. Thanks to Pawain too. I do play with sound and music but I had sound down when I was in the game earlier and didn't know it had music as well. That's a nice touch.

    Still want to dye it.  :D
  • Valeria said:
     :D yikes - so much anger... There aren't going to be anymore devs hired and probably haven't been for a decade. If your expectations haven't been reset by now this might not be the game for you.

    Imma go admire that tome and remember all the good times I have had with this game. Thanks UO team!
    I have been playing 10 years so I think I am entitled to have a voice. I certainly don’t need to be patronised by someone like you. So you can take your 29 posts and do one, thanks  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,969
    Valeria said:
     :D yikes - so much anger... There aren't going to be anymore devs hired and probably haven't been for a decade. If your expectations haven't been reset by now this might not be the game for you.

    Imma go admire that tome and remember all the good times I have had with this game. Thanks UO team!
    I have been playing 10 years so I think I am entitled to have a voice. I certainly don’t need to be patronised by someone like you. So you can take your 29 posts and do one, thanks  
    I have lots of posts can I patronise (sic) you?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 627
    Nah, it's just me in me. Gramma doesn't approve but she said it's better than having a little McDougle in me.  
    :o
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 895
    edited September 1
    I like the idealized pics of the towns. Those are nice.

    @Mariah from your pic, is this the order you put the towns in? Left to right, top to bottom:

    Britain                   Buccaneer's Den          Jhelom         Minoc
    Moonglow            New Magincia              Occlo           Skara Brae
    Serpent's Hold     Trinsic                            Vesper         Yew

    No Nujel'm or Cove eh?




    -Arroth
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 935
    LOL oh my...

    Anyway..I love the gifts. The artwork is awesome, the shield, while it does look like an interstate sign is still really cool, especially when double-clicked. 

    It takes time to come up with something new, new artwork we've not had before, new ideas for a 25 year old game....TWENTY FIVE YEAR OLD!!!!! Oh my! That's pretty incredible! 

    And why would you be able to hold the skull bottle? We can't hold any other liquor bottle, why would you think we'd be able to hold this one? :/

    I like the comments when you drink out of it.



  • Pawain said:
    Valeria said:
     :D yikes - so much anger... There aren't going to be anymore devs hired and probably haven't been for a decade. If your expectations haven't been reset by now this might not be the game for you.

    Imma go admire that tome and remember all the good times I have had with this game. Thanks UO team!
    I have been playing 10 years so I think I am entitled to have a voice. I certainly don’t need to be patronised by someone like you. So you can take your 29 posts and do one, thanks  
    I have lots of posts can I patronise (sic) you?
    you cant, I am immune to you. :)
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 627
    I thought you could hold that Captain whatchamacallit's rum bottle. No? Am I dreaming? I could easily have that wrong.

    I'm not saying I don't find anything to appreciate about the gifts. And I did profess to looking a gift horse in the mouth. There's no way I can warm up to that shield. Maybe I could if I could dye it. That's probably my biggest complaint. I want color.

    I got nothin' but love for the Dev Team. I know theirs is a thankless job 99% of the time. There's a lot more right than there is wrong in my UO world.

    Ok, now on to my next complaint! I'm with Arroth_Thaiel. I love Cove. I wish it would be included more often in the scheme of things.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 935
    But it's the SILVER anniversary....why would you want to dye it? It's supposed to be silver!

  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 627

    I like color. And I think it could have shown more depth with a bit of color to set it off. It would depend on how it was shaded I suppose. 

  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,276Moderator
    Yes @Arroth_Thaiel then you have desert, dungeon, ice island, jungle, mountain, forest, swamp. Much appreciation to the artist :)
    Waiting to see a full list of the bottle hues.
  • UniversalBlueUniversalBlue Posts: 7
    edited September 1
    Love the gifts. But the date for the opening of the Siege Perilous Shard is wrong. It was July 1999 not September 1997. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,527
    Mariah said:
    Yes @ Arroth_Thaiel then you have desert, dungeon, ice island, jungle, mountain, forest, swamp. Much appreciation to the artist :)
    Waiting to see a full list of the bottle hues.

    from TC
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,527
    Larisa said:

    And why would you be able to hold the skull bottle? We can't hold any other liquor bottle, why would you think we'd be able to hold this one? :/



    i believe this was the reward from Treasures of the Seas

    I was also wishing we could equip the silver anniversary gift.
    It would have been a good equippable during halloween time.
    but I'm sure that i will have other good uses for them.

    some mentioned on Stratics that it would be good to use
    for when doing the hags quest, for when you need to get drunk
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,969
    Larisa said:

    And why would you be able to hold the skull bottle? We can't hold any other liquor bottle, why would you think we'd be able to hold this one? :/



    i believe this was the reward from Treasures of the Seas

    I was also wishing we could equip the silver anniversary gift.
    It would have been a good equippable during halloween time.
    but I'm sure that i will have other good uses for them.

    some mentioned on Stratics that it would be good to use
    for when doing the hags quest, for when you need to get drunk
    Was a reward you could buy from the Fellowship. The Fellowship is Good! 
    There is also a Rum you can equip.

    Sad you could not use them as transmog target for a shield.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,276Moderator
    Love the gifts. But the date for the opening of the Siege Perilous Shard is wrong. It was July 1999 not September 1997. 

    Is that the date on the shield or the tome? The shield is dated for the launch of UO, the tome is the one dated for the start of the shard.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 935
    I wasn't around for the whole fellowship thing so I missed that!

    I think the Skull Mug is too big to hold though.

  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,275
    So I broke my rule and logged in to make this comment. How hard would it have been to have the book show the date/shard that You or I created that account on ? It's already stored on the server because the character profile shows it. Instead yay, we can all run around with books that all say the same thing, what a celebration.
    You and Several Others like this.


    Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. (ignore this request, the Devs have)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 581
    If you log into each shard and claim the tome/book it will have that shard on it. You’ll just need to transfer each shards book to your home shard. 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 627
    Skett said:
    If you log into each shard and claim the tome/book it will have that shard on it. You’ll just need to transfer each shards book to your home shard. 
    It's too bad not everyone can do that with ease. Not only could we more easily get an entire collection of (not shard bound but shard named) 25th Anniversary Tomes, we could have more fun easily getting together with other players at times when your home shard is dullsville.  
Sign In or Register to comment.