Converting the transmogrified item again

2»

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    "there is no fel only shard?
    siege has no item insurance, so no skill involved at all, everyone just plays DP deathstrikers"
    So you want fel only but with insurance? Isn't that just tram ? I want to play a dog archer but a pvp fix killed that ..plus the annoying combat timer
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "What this thread about transmog have to do with pvp?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "What this thread about transmog have to do with pvp?"
    It has everything to do with it you forced the change to head gear slot with your concern for pvp totally ridiculous that a small segment can demand change that effectively hurts everyone 
    edited August 2022
    "how you think Power creep and blessing stuff and removing negative mods only affects pvp i don't know... I am not going to respond to your comments in future, waste of time"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Where you wanting to convert something back? Did you just trade an expensive item the way i did because things can't be re transmoged why are pet skins removable but not hat skins ? Why can we not have even a small amount of consistency? Maybe a newsletter would be a good way to explain 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,124
    So you want to turn your Halo into a hat of the Magi again. Un imbue items also.

They are consistent you can't undo armor changes.

Don't mix in pets with a hat.  Is the only argument you have, distraction or diversion?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 2022
    Yes, the world is coming to an end, you can reduce the STR requirement too.  Atlas's job just got easier.

"I just tested this with a strength requirement 125 object (unwieldy), the 125 strength requirement remained on the destination object.

I only shipped over one potion, but it may be that weight and strength requirement is shifted if the item isn't unwieldy (125 stre requirement) or heavy (50 stones), but this is a non event

disclosure, i did not have a 50 stone hat to try, couldn't find a way to search for one on VS"
    edited August 2022
    A hat skin or pet skin both strictly cosmetic 

If nothing else it's another item people would pay to use
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 811
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:
    Yes, the world is coming to an end, you can reduce the STR requirement too.  Atlas's job just got easier.

"I just tested this with a strength requirement 125 object (unwieldy), the 125 strength requirement remained on the destination object.

I only shipped over one potion, but it may be that weight and strength requirement is shifted if the item isn't unwieldy (125 stre requirement) or heavy (50 stones), but this is a non event

disclosure, i did not have a 50 stone hat to try, couldn't find a way to search for one on VS"
    The STR and weight relate to the base item properties.  A Heph shield requires 95 str, but a pirate shield (equip-able by any race) does not.   I don't know where the extrapolation came about re: unwieldy.

re: bold, you might actually be catching on to the hints now.  If only this could be extended to the other various issues that are claimed "exploits".  Go have a looksie in the CVE database for some OS or other piece of software you like, to try and calibrate the thinking around this.

It sounds like re-reading the "Underwater bugs" writeup is in order too.  The stuff there goes well beyond the original pet entry behavior.  Mariah summarized it well in that thread.  How that relates to this post is unclear to me.

edited August 2022
    “If you’re placing, changing weight from 5 stones to 2 stones, in the same category as:
    removing Prized and adding 3 lower mana cost (over cap) or 5 hit chance increase, or adding spell channeling (shields).

you cannot be reasoned with.

i guess if you discovered my infinite skill hack you would have kept it to yourself and deemed it working as intended and nothing wrong with 3000 skill points..

As for your underwater problem, considering underwater gets done still over 10 times a day on Atlantic (and I have the bot to alert me when the keys are placed) that’s a lot of people using paralthodes and other than the issue I mentioned about them attacking random players, nobody has reported to me about getting stuck.. 
    the solution was literally self explanatory, it told you in a system message to get rid of your followers before trying to exit”
    Everyone is already easily over the lmc cap far over with even mediocre gear and no one in pvm cares about it or insurance sounds totally like pvp issues 
    edited August 2022
    “McDougle you don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s absolutely not so EASY to get 5 out of 6 pieces as bone or studded. 
    Most PvM warriors use mace and shield glasses or something like that and the 30 damage increase gloves, so you’re already down to 52 LMC.

this is what forevercheat wants to do”
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 811
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “If you’re placing, changing weight from 5 stones to 2 stones, in the same category as:
    removing Prized and adding 3 lower mana cost (over cap) or 5 hit chance increase, or adding spell channeling (shields).

you cannot be reasoned with.

i guess if you discovered my infinite skill hack you would have kept it to yourself and deemed it working as intended and nothing wrong with 3000 skill points..

As for your underwater problem, considering underwater gets done still over 10 times a day on Atlantic (and I have the bot to alert me when the keys are placed) that’s a lot of people using paralthodes and other than the issue I mentioned about them attacking random players, nobody has reported to me about getting stuck.. 
    the solution was literally self explanatory, it told you in a system message to get rid of your followers before trying to exit”
    Changing weight, changing the STR requirements, changing the ability to equip by any race are all "close enough" to all the other items you enumerate in the first sentence, in my book.  Particularly when you take into account the cost of the transmog potion, and the tradeoffs that come with the material switch (no longer medable, etc).  It's about comparable for the other pay-to-win items (forged tool, time of legends expansion that allows use of primers & masteries, roof loot, etc).

It's a video game we're talking about, not some way of gaming some government out of tax payments, etc etc.

The skill underflow bug was a good catch, certainly a noteworthy exploit.  If you read the CVE databases, you'll have a better idea how to calibrate here.

Go ahead and comment more in the underwater threads bug report.  The jist of the original bug report still stands - you seem hungup on the pet exit behavior, which isn't core to the central issue.
    edited August 2022
    “Not worth commenting on, a tester will test it and find that everything is working as intended. In order to change something they would have to find something wrong.

at the end of the day I have already said IF it were possible to revert a transmogrified piece to its original state then that would be fine I can’t see any problem with that. So you could retransmog it,
    but I expect it may not be possible”