VERY annoying bug with CC Options....

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited August 2022 in Bugs
I am starting to get tired of this bug....

Classic Client --> Options Menu --> Mouse tab (1st on top right side) --> "Run mouse in a separate thread" very 1st line option.

Now, I need it CHECKED because, when unchecked, for some strange reason, my mouse cursor in the game starts moving erratically when I try to hover it on some health bar or in game item.

Well, I no longer remember how many times I have checked it, clicked APPLY, got the gump message "Some options which were modified will only take effect after restarting Ultima Online ", press the validation that I have read this gump at its button, click OK of the Options gump, log off the character, close the UO Classic Client entirely, and then relaunch it.

Note, since I use UOAssist, I launch the Classic Client via UOAssist.

Now, there is times that my checking the Option "Run mouse in a separate thread", when I restart the Classic Client (always via UOAssist) has NOT been memorized and shows still as unchecked, and times when "apparently" it shows as checked, and for that game session it works as I no longer have the mouse cursor behaving erratically YET, when I close the Client for gooc, and then, later on in the day or the following day relaunch it, there is time when the "Run mouse in a separate thread" box shows again as unchecked without me having done anything to modify this option.

It is totally unpredictable and it has gotten on my nerves, often forcing me to check the box, close everything and relaunch it, sometimes several times before I can play my UO gaming session.

I imagine, this might be something related to the issues of Macros in the Classic Client not being editable because they do not get saved for some odd reasons.... oddily enough, in the case of the checking of the option "Run mouse in a separate thread", sometimes it sticks, but only for a playing session or 2 but then disappears without me changing anything, and other times, instead, it does not even stick and I need to repeat the checking process for this option multiple times before I can play without an erratical cursor in UO.

Pease, get this bug fixed, thanks.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2022
    You may need to go through all of your chars on all of your accounts and change the setting.
    it may also be worth opening character folders in Documents and deleting any folders of characters that no longer exist.

This should resolve the issue permanently”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yoshi said:
    You may need to go through all of your chars on all of your accounts and change the setting.
    it may also be worth opening character folders in Documents and deleting any folders of characters that no longer exist.

This should resolve the issue permanently”
    All of the characters on all of the accounts ? seriously ?

WOW......

And what if, whatever their reasons, a player wanted to have different Options for different characters ?

They cannot ?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2022
    "i'll have to do some more research,

but roughly what happens is on some options - you can have different options for different chars but you might find you have to log in with that char and log out and log in with it again for the different option to take effect. Most people have same options on all chars however i can understand (as i would often like) sometimes different options on different chars.

when i get time i'll do some heavier testing however seems a low priority at the moment as i'm not sure the client is still supported.
    They have still not fixed the macro editing fault you referred to that was reported in full repro detail in 2018.."

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited August 2022
    Go into the character's uo.cfg (Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\Account Name\Server\Character Name) and add this to the bottom of the file on it's own line

MouseThread=on

Edit: No idea why the forum is changing it but that is an equal sign between MouseThread and on, not a dash.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    It's a problem with the font that the forum software uses. To get it to show properly use the paragraph dropdown ¶ and set it as code. Then it will appear like this:
    MouseThread=on
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    gay said:
    Go into the character's uo.cfg (Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\Account Name\Server\Character Name) and add this to the bottom of the file on it's own line

MouseThread=on

Edit: No idea why the forum is changing it but that is an equal sign between MouseThread and on, not a dash.
    Thanks for the tip, I hope this way it will stick and not get "self-deleted" as when I do it withing the Options in the game....
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    The way I get it to stick is that after every change on one char I close the client down and open it again and then if needed I change next char and after that close client and start it up again and so on. Somehow if you change the setting on multiplce chars you change it back on the chars you have been online with earlier to unchecked and that is the setting that sticks. And if you log in with a char with it unchecked that setting will live on and change for any other char you use after that. Now I think all of my chars I ever use are fixed. Have been a year or more without the need to check and restart the client.