The Great Volcano

DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
Guild Members are reporting that they are not getting the reward from the chief after digging up the required number of lava stones (5) You uncover a lava rock and carefully store it for later.  They are on the quest, they are digging, and they are getting the message, but once they get five such messages and return to the chief he gives the message that you are afraid etc..  This is on Sonoma, not sure if other shards are having the same problem.

I went in with the quest to check, could not see any problems myself, but did not stay for the full require amount of stones.  I had no problems digging.  If I have time tomorrow I will stay till I get the full five rocks
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Did they already do the quest and did not get the reward in the past?  That happens on these type quests.  People forget to collect the reward and go do it again.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Pawain said:
    Did they already do the quest and did not get the reward in the past?  That happens on these type quests.  People forget to collect the reward and go do it again.
    I was told they had check with the chief and got the message you are afraid etc.  So they have not complete the quest in the eyes of the chief, my characters has done this quest several times, I did not have a lot of time yesterday evening when they brought this to my attention and was wanting to know if they were doing anything wrong.  They had the quest, they were digging, they were getting the message that they were getting the stone, yet after getting five they could not get a reward.  I plan on logging in and dig a while to see if I can complete the quest.

I have dug up the require stones and returned to the chief.  On #2 I was busy fighting so missed the one over head but got it in the journal.  I did not get my reward.  I am going to cancel this quests, renew it and when I have time I will try again.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "been a while since i've done this, you don't have to toggle them as quest item?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "been a while since i've done this, you don't have to toggle them as quest item?"
    you do not get a stone in the bag, the part you are thinking of is the five items you turn in at the end.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/quests/a-valley-of-one-quest-chain/

this is the piece you to get from digging up the five stones.  This and the other four are what you would toggle as quest at the end
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    I am to tired to do tired to do the quest again today, I will try again tomorrow to see if I can get the quest item from the chief then.  
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I just succeeded in getting this item.
    Check your journal to ensure the count is saving.

" @Mariah was that also on Sonoma?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited August 2022
    No, I don't have characters on Sonoma. the journal is not counting them, as you can see my journal did.
    Drakelord asked if other shards are having the same problem, it would appear not.
    [edit] tried a second shard, not the whole quest, but enough to see the count in my journal
    Thanks @Mariah for checking the other shards.  I will run the quest again tomorrow, I never saw a count like above in my journal, only the message where I dug it up and stored it for later.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • I can confirm this is broken on Sonoma @Bleak
    I received the message "You have recovered 1 of 5 Lava Rocks.", but none appeared in my pack. I even logged out and back in, checked my insurance menu, and moved stuff around. Nothing there.

I was on a male elf riding a bane dragon. My backpack contains 41/125 items and 29/550 stones.
    edited August 2022
    “I thought we established they are virtual rocks and don’t appear in your backpack.

it might be a problem where you are digging, might need to venture in deeper for it to count”
    edited August 2022
    @JTJR writes he heard the problem is when shovel is set to ore and not stone (on EC need to right click shovel to change type, on CC single left click)

but I think it’s position people are digging too, think need to go further in towards middle

(by the way as a side note I believe luck increases chances to mine this)”
    edited August 2022
    I can confirm this is broken on Sonoma @ Bleak
    I received the message "You have recovered 1 of 5 Lava Rocks.", but none appeared in my pack. I even logged out and back in, checked my insurance menu, and moved stuff around. Nothing there.

I was on a male elf riding a bane dragon. My backpack contains 41/125 items and 29/550 stones.

There is no physical rock. If you got the 1 of 5 message the quest is working correctly for you.

@Yoshi A character without mining cannot set the shovel to stone, this information is incorrect and a red herring. The character I used on both shards I tested was a bard.
    My character is a Archer/mage.  I have not been able to get back to this quest as my ISP keeping quitting every 5 to 10 minutes, I have had to restart my PC and the router twice.  I will try to get back to this once my ISP is back and working right, I have called and they report a problem and they working on it.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    " hey @Drakelord did you sort this issue?"
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @Drakelord if it was VioletJo who was getting the message about being afraid...
    I am betting that she was in war mode. once out of war mode she should have been able to get her reward. (I haven't been able to play much lately or I would have asked her)

but I also know that it does sometimes glitch for her and she has to dump the quest and start over. 
    She has had to do that several times ever since TOL came out. (3 or 4 times that I know of)