"GUARANTEED" Gain System : what a joke !!

poppspopps Posts: 3,945
edited August 2022 in General Discussions
This is the story....

Training up Cartography, skill at 96.0, using the "so-called" "Guaranteed Gain System to have secure 0.1 gains after the required time has lapsed.

Total skills of the characters are 296.0 since it is a new character, well below the 350.0 indicated by theTable at https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/technical/skill-gain-systems/ .

NOTE, Since the UO Wiki page does not load, I am also providing the Table link at https://www.uoguide.com/Guaranteed_Gain_System

Looking at the Table, total skills below 350.0 and skill being worked between 95.0 and 99.9 has a time lapse of 5.6 hours or, 5 hours and 36 minutes (0.6 of 60 minutes).

NOTE, at 96.0 Cartography skill I do am decoding Cache Treasure Maps which the Ball of Knowledge indicates as having OPTIMAL success rate.

Well, last Gain I had was at 7.00 time, I try again at 13.00 which is 6 hours later, well ABOVE the 5 hours and 36 minutes indicated by the Guaranteed Gain System Table to have to lapse before another "Guaranteed" Gain, and guess what ?

I went through 29 Cache Tattered Treasure Maps to decode (all I had) and got NO GAINS, zero, nothing, nada....

So much for this "GUARANTEED" Gain System....

@Kyronix, PLEASE, do you mind looking into this ?

In my book, GUARANTEED means just that : G-U-A-R-A-N-T-E-E-D.

Does not mean likely, possibly, probably, it just means GUARANTEED !!

The required time has lapsed, the gain HAS TO SHOW UP with no delays !!! This is what "Guaranteed" Gain System means, to my understanding.

Thanks.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    This has been explained before it might not be the first attempt after the timer it might be the 9999th attempt you have to work the skills now in the crafted vs loot thread you ask for crafters  to be able to create things with time invested you do understand in UO that means clicks lot and lots of maddening repetitive painful clicks like training skills 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    If you are just decoding maps you need to stone off everything but Cart.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,165
    Yea... didn't we just have a similar thread on this exact same thing by the exact same person closed because his question (rant) was answered and he decided to argue with everyone about the mechanics and it spiraled into trolling?

@Mariah - This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. He's opening new threads based on ones he's already made and have been closed... this thread should be closed too and a warning issued.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,978Moderator
    The guaranteed gain systems was explained at length in your previous thread. Please re-read my post in that thread:

It was meant to ease the frustration of training for long periods with no gain. It was not intended to gain without putting any effort into training.

For cache maps try killing daemon at the temple on fire island.

This discussion has been closed.