Is it please possible to add some Felucca Monsters to carry Hoard and Trove Treasure Maps ?

According to the UO Wiki https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/treasure-maps/


Neither Hoard nor Trove Treasure Maps can currently spawn in any Monster that can be found on the Felucca facet.

Yes, there is the Felucca Hag Quest which can add, randomly, a Treasure Map.....

Though, the randomness makes it way too difficult to get a Hoard or Trove Felucca Treasure Map from the Felucca Hag Quest...... why then not add the ability for these 2 Treasure Maps to also spawn on some Felucca Creatures ?

For example, it would make a whole lot of sense if NPC Pirates both on Trammel or Felucca where to carry Trove Treasure Maps or, at the very least, Hoard Maps....

Other candidates to carry Felucca Hoard or Trove Treasure Maps could be Grobu in Painted Caves (so far not listed among Creatures that can spawn Treasure Maps), Unbound Energy Vortexes in Felucca Shame and I am sure that other Creatures spawning in Felucca could be thought of to have it added to their loot Table a Felucca Hoard or Trove Treasure Map....

Comments

  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 2,018
    edited August 1
    “Says trove spawn on
    Allosaurus, Corgul the Soulbinder, Scalis the Enforcer,The Great Ape, Tyrannosaurus Rex.

    Well 3 out of 5 of those are fel.

    as for hoard, 3 of them spawn in fel. Plus you can get a ton of hoard maps from khaldun dungeon chests.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,142
    As someone who actually does a considerable amount of treasure hunting, rather than theorizing about it, I have to say I have no difficulty obtaining Hoard maps - I simply dig lots of cache maps.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,741
    As someone who actually does a considerable amount of treasure hunting, rather than theorizing about it, I have to say I have no difficulty obtaining Hoard maps - I simply dig lots of cache maps.
    Aye sometimes i find multiple maps!! Swoop is a great source of hoard maps as well
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,304
    Yoshi said:
    “Says trove spawn on
    Allosaurus, Corgul the Soulbinder, Scalis the Enforcer,The Great Ape, Tyrannosaurus Rex.

    Well 3 out of 5 of those are fel.

    as for hoard, 3 of them spawn in fel. Plus you can get a ton of hoard maps from khaldun dungeon chests.”
    For Trove.... what about HOARD Treasure Maps ?

    I seem to understand that, currently, there is no Felucca Creature capable of spawning them, directly...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,304
    As someone who actually does a considerable amount of treasure hunting, rather than theorizing about it, I have to say I have no difficulty obtaining Hoard maps - I simply dig lots of cache maps.
    As it is with all facets Maps....

    Yet, it does look odd that no Felucca creature has been added to its loot table the ability to spawn a Felucca Hoard Treasure Map.... doesn't it ?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 2,018
    “Abcess, putrifier, and Dimetrosaur are fel creatures” 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,304
    edited August 1
    Yoshi said:
    “Abcess, putrifier, and Dimetrosaur are fel creatures” 
    Abscess gives Cache Maps, it is listed at the UO Wiki page for those types...

    Putrefier is in the Palace of Paroxismous like Miasma is in the Labyrinth....

    That I know of, Miasma (also listed to spawn Hoard Maps) gives random Maps in the Chests which spawn on it... why would then Putrefier give consistently Felucca Maps and not work like Miasma does ?

    Not to mention, how a tough kill Putrefier is.... considering how the odds of having the corpse spawn a Treasure Map is 1%, imagine having to kill 100 Putrefier to get 1 single Hoard Map....

    Dimetrosaurs are in Eodon, that I know of, and they, therefore, yield Eodon Treasure Maps.... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,967
    edited August 1
    You wouldn't go to fel to pick up an egg but now you are going to kill things there? 


  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,574
    @popps - To my knowledge, no monster gives you hoard maps on a corpse (ie Miasma etc) but rather you get a chest that contains a map. That said, regardless of where you get these chests (Fel/Tram/Malas/Etc) the maps inside them are random. 

    The best way to consistently obtain Fel hoard maps is to do Fel cache maps which spawn on a variety of monsters in Fel (among many other means like pirate rug placed in Fel). 

    This is likely going to be just like your other thread though where you want to debate on whether or not that should be the case, at least the way you see it. You have your answer now though. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 2,018
    edited August 1
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    “Abcess, putrifier, and Dimetrosaur are fel creatures” 
    Abscess gives Cache Maps, it is listed at the UO Wiki page for those types...

    Putrefier is in the Palace of Paroxismous like Miasma is in the Labyrinth....

    That I know of, Miasma (also listed to spawn Hoard Maps) gives random Maps in the Chests which spawn on it... why would then Putrefier give consistently Felucca Maps and not work like Miasma does ?

    Not to mention, how a tough kill Putrefier is.... considering how the odds of having the corpse spawn a Treasure Map is 1%, imagine having to kill 100 Putrefier to get 1 single Hoard Map....

    Dimetrosaurs are in Eodon, that I know of, and they, therefore, yield Eodon Treasure Maps.... 

    "RE Abcess, you literally showed a screenshot of it listed in Hoard maps....

    as for the Dimetrosaurs and allosaurus, you're at this stage making assumptions i am sure, have you tried killing them in dragon turtle spawn fel? you'll need many friends as it's the latter levels"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 398
    edited August 1
    popps said:
    Dimetrosaurs are in Eodon, that I know of, and they, therefore, yield Eodon Treasure Maps.... 
    Dimetrosaurs also spawn on Lvl 4 of the Dragon Turtle Champ, which is also in Fel. Those ones are weaker than the wild ones though, so not sure if the Champ spawn ones drop T-Maps.

    In the other thread, i've already come up with a good solution for the devs to implement, which would bring back life and reward to T-Hunters.
    They should just add a Turn-In system for completed T-Maps. Turn in completed T-Maps for points, and you get your choice of a "Legendary" quality T-Map (you can choose the Facet and Package), which is guaranteed to contain nothing but Legendary Artifacts and maybe some new, unique items (deco or gear). Allow mod packages that normally don't spawn on Legendary Artifacts right now, such as Legendary Artifacts with Auspicious/of Fortune (mod combos of Auspicious/of Fortune+Arcane/of Wizardry on Legendary Artifacts would finally be possible, and worth a lot). That would at least keep T-Hunters cranking out regular maps, so they know they can build up to a guaranteed good map.
    Higher level T-Maps would contribute more points than lower level T-Maps, further modified by the Facet (facets with harder spawn would give more points, with Eodon offering the most points for that level of T-Map).
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,304
    Yoshi said:
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    “Abcess, putrifier, and Dimetrosaur are fel creatures” 
    Abscess gives Cache Maps, it is listed at the UO Wiki page for those types...

    Putrefier is in the Palace of Paroxismous like Miasma is in the Labyrinth....

    That I know of, Miasma (also listed to spawn Hoard Maps) gives random Maps in the Chests which spawn on it... why would then Putrefier give consistently Felucca Maps and not work like Miasma does ?

    Not to mention, how a tough kill Putrefier is.... considering how the odds of having the corpse spawn a Treasure Map is 1%, imagine having to kill 100 Putrefier to get 1 single Hoard Map....

    Dimetrosaurs are in Eodon, that I know of, and they, therefore, yield Eodon Treasure Maps.... 

    "RE Abcess, you literally showed a screenshot of it listed in Hoard maps....

    as for the Dimetrosaurs and allosaurus, you're at this stage making assumptions i am sure, have you tried killing them in dragon turtle spawn fel? you'll need many friends as it's the latter levels"
    I will post that screenshot once again, this time including the Cache Maps section....

    As one can see, Abscess is the very first listed Creature indicated as carrying "Cache" Treasure Maps....



    As in regards the Dragon Turtle spawn, it does not really look like a practical way to try get Treasure Maps, especially considering how, to my understanding, the spawn odds for Treasure Maps are 1% thus asking for 100 kills of the same one creature "potentially" carrying that Treasure Map on the corpse, to get 1 Map....

    It looks to me a Design that forces players to "farm" a single type Monster spawn (kill non-stop, over and over...) in order to get Treasure Maps and clearly, the Dragon Turtle Spawn with many assorted creatures spawning, does not look to me a very efficient way to try getting Felucca Hoard Treasure Maps with a 1% spawn chance to appear on a corpse....

    And this, especially if one considers that other Thread https://forum.uo.com/discussion/11007/treasure-maps-why-does-their-loot-suck-so-much#latest whereas players lament how bad loot is in Treasure Maps.... and they only spawn with a 1% chance..... 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,741
    If only I could convince popps to ask for better communication with acknowledgement and accountability...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,142
    There is NO need to interfere with map spawn. This is the first chest I've dug tonight, guess what's in it?

    I frequently bemoan the fact that it is difficult to reduce the number of maps in my Davies Locker because so many chests have a map in, sometimes 2 maps!
    Cache maps in Fel are easily gotten from Demons. 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 604
    Lock this thread too?  Just nonsense 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,339
    @popps ; What is the point of all your BLAH BLAH BLAH crap.  You need an easy button just to play UO and you are trying to tell us that you are a T-Hunter now, I think not.  People have told you I do not know how many times the way it works and you continue to want it to work your way.  Why do you even play UO because you obviously hate the way the game is and you constantly post on how you want it changed to fit you.  If I was a newer player and read nothing but your constant bullcrap posts I would quit.  You can't even ask a simple question without adding in all your BS BLAH BLAH BLAH

    Question/suggestion was answered so it is time to lock this BS.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 933
    McDougle said:
    If only I could convince popps to ask for better communication with acknowledgement and accountability...

    What if his posts are the reason they don't talk to us anymore?  :D
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,260
    I don't have any problems getting Felucca Horde and Trove maps, Come to Siege where every meal is a banquet, every paychecks a fortune, and every Facet is Felucca!
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,574
    keven2002 said:
    @ popps - To my knowledge, no monster gives you hoard maps on a corpse (ie Miasma etc) but rather you get a chest that contains a map. That said, regardless of where you get these chests (Fel/Tram/Malas/Etc) the maps inside them are random. 

    The best way to consistently obtain Fel hoard maps is to do Fel cache maps which spawn on a variety of monsters in Fel (among many other means like pirate rug placed in Fel). 

    This is likely going to be just like your other thread though where you want to debate on whether or not that should be the case, at least the way you see it. You have your answer now though. 
    Funny how he ignores my previous thread just so he can argue with someone else about something. How are these threads allowed to keep going? How is allowed to keep making these types of threads? He should be receiving warnings for all of these threads he creates and then argues to death when he doesn't like the answer.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,741
    keven2002 said:
    keven2002 said:
    @ popps - To my knowledge, no monster gives you hoard maps on a corpse (ie Miasma etc) but rather you get a chest that contains a map. That said, regardless of where you get these chests (Fel/Tram/Malas/Etc) the maps inside them are random. 

    The best way to consistently obtain Fel hoard maps is to do Fel cache maps which spawn on a variety of monsters in Fel (among many other means like pirate rug placed in Fel). 

    This is likely going to be just like your other thread though where you want to debate on whether or not that should be the case, at least the way you see it. You have your answer now though. 
    Funny how he ignores my previous thread just so he can argue with someone else about something. How are these threads allowed to keep going? How is allowed to keep making these types of threads? He should be receiving warnings for all of these threads he creates and then argues to death when he doesn't like the answer.
    At least have a three answer minimum 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 580
    Just wondering why SoS can be fished up in Fel or tram why not T-maps 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,967
    Skett said:
    Just wondering why SoS can be fished up in Fel or tram why not T-maps 
    I did not do either before the split. But I think T maps go back that far. I don't know when SoS were introduced. High Seas? 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,339
    @popps How many T-Maps have you done?  How many monsters have you killed to get T-Maps?  What was in the chests that you dug up and what level were they?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 2,018
    edited August 2
    @popps I’ll give you a few dozen hoard maps fel if you pm me around halloween.
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,967
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ popps I’ll give you a few dozen hoard maps fel if you pm me around halloween.
    Popps has already stated that you cant play a Rogue in UO so you must be confused.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,339
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ popps I’ll give you a few dozen hoard maps fel if you pm me around halloween.
    Popps has already stated that you cant play a Rogue in UO so you must be confused.
    LMAO
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 941
    I do lots of maps.  Lots of hoards and troves.  Chances of getting these maps off of monsters is quite low.  Rarely get higher end maps that way but do sometimes. Considering it takes a while to solo anything capable of having a hoard map and the low probability of getting one don’t think that is the best way to get them.

    For Fel. and other maps best way to get them is to buy them on vendor search, if it is still alive and well and not dead.  Players unload maps every week or so on my shard.  You just have to monitor vendor search and act quickly when they come up for sale.

    As has been mentioned cache chests generate hoard maps.  Buy those or go to Wind and kill demons.  I get maps out of cache chests fairly often and in Fel you often get 110 scrolls as well.

    Or, specialize in killing one of the game’s easier to kill minor bosses that occasionally includes in it’s loot a chest with a hoard map.  Since this is UO you know hoard maps are never going to be easy get in game.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,753
    @popps promise not to complain when you get PKed trying to farm in Fel...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,574
    @Arnold7 - What are you killing that has hoard maps as loot on the corpse (not in a "paragon" chest)? I can't think of anything that I've killed that has had a hoard map on the corpse. I killed The Piper the other day and as luck has it there was a map on him but even that was only a cache map.

    My belief is that all hoard maps that are looted are via "paragon" chests and those are all random facets so you do not need to be in Fel to get a Fel hoard map.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,753
    I think I got them during hic dyn_hic-amic event. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
Sign In or Register to comment.