Overall, this Fey Event has been a fail for me....

2»

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    More high seas involvement there should be something for us every event...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728

Don't need snooping for chests and you don't snoop in players in fel.

Used to snoop players in crowded towns in Fel. 

That aside. Might inspire folks to buy the Smuggler's Edge if they added goodies to mobs as well as chests for an event.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    My rogue has snooping for stealing in Exodus dungeon. It is used passively, not actively, but if you don't have it in your template you can only get gold from the Exodus Zealots and not the special items such as ML ingredients and Exodus keys.

I enjoy Exodus, and I enjoyed the hidden boxes in Khaldun and Kotl City.  I still do Kotl city now and then, there is a (slow) market for the automaton heads and kotl power cores.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    That's good to know, Petra. Thanks for the info.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    LilyGrace said:
    LOL! @ Pawain

Popps, where is it written that special events always equals paragons spawning? Does it have to be so if rogue skills are the focus?

edit because my equal sign wouldn't show up 
    Well, so far, the "Treasures of" Event Dungeons have always had Paragons in them... the revealing, retargeting and all the rest Paragons....
    popps said:

A full Rogue character, needs the following skills : 

- Hiding             100.0
    - Stealth            120.0
    - Stealing           120.0
    - Snooping         100.0
    - Detect Hidden 100.0
    - Remove Trap   100.0
    - Lockpicking      100.0

Drop Remove trap, you don't need it, get magery instead.
    My rogue has: 
    - Stealth            100.0 + Blackthorn dress +10
    - Snooping         100.0
    - Detect Hidden 100.0
    - Magery   100.0
    - Lockpicking      100.0
    720 points. Telekinesis is fine for removing traps, and often safer. Casting invis after a steal allows for faster removal from sight and an earth elemental cast works nicely for running interference while you do your thieving. - I can provide video links if required to show how this template works in practice.
    Yes, but that does not change the fact, that a Rogue character that was to cover all Rogue's skills, from stealing to opening hidden Chests and all that, simply has no room to be any match to any fighting.... 

That is, simply put, they are not fighting characters and, therefore, any Designed content that wanted to address them, should keep this well into account...

That is why, I say that their hiding and stealthing ability should be protected, because it is the only thing that can keep them alive and able to do their profession.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I don’t remember which M&G off the top of my head, but Kyronix did say that including the named drops in Exodus/Khaldun style chests was on the roadmap for these events. 
    vortex said:
    popps said:
    I had no idea that it was not possible to script the opening of chests...

If so... then, @ Kyronix , why not put "Treasures of" Events Artifact drops in chests and have players use them to get their points with scripters unable to "join in" ?

I fail to understand, though, why it would not be possible to make scripts to open chests... perhaps because the variables to control would be too many ? Not sure...

Anyway, if the Developers are going to have these Chests be outside of the designated Dungeon then fine.... otherwise, if the Chests are going to be in the designated Treasures of Event dungeon, well, then the Developers need to come up with a way for Rogues opening those chests not to be revealed by Paragons or, they would be unplayable...

As I mentioned already several times ( https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/68237/#Comment_68237

A full Rogue character, needs the following skills : 

- Stealth            120.0
    - Snooping         100.0
    - Detect Hidden 100.0
    - Remove Trap   100.0
    - Lockpicking      100.0

Those alone, come up to a total of 740.0 skill points.... and there is no Magery in it, even....

Not to mention that, in order to be able to steal, Rogues much have their hands, both of them, empty... therefore, they cannot even take advantage from properties on items held in their hands....

All this to say that, Rogues characters are not fit to fight, certainly not Paragons... their only ability is defensive and they NEED to remain hidden and stealthed all the time...

Perhaps, the Developers could allow this introducing a Rogue's Mastery which would permit them to stay hidden and stealthed regardless of the Paragon's revealing ability ?

This would permit Rogues to be able to play with chests in the Treasures of Dungeons... and, apparently, scripters could not join in....
    Don't need snooping for chests and you don't snoop in players in fel.
    Snooping is a requirement to steal from some Monsters.