UNLIMITED SKILLs???? HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE, NEED FIX ASAP

Videos and screenshots all over the place shared by @Mervyn about how to obtain 1100+ skills?
like 6X120 skills + 400 Skills at 100

there is videos around even teaching how to do,
no wonder people from FS and other PVP guilds have toons with 300+ skills on suit.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    edited June 2022
    I am not sure I can believe this as being true...

Why ?

Because, checking out character's skills is probably one of the easiest thing that Broadsword can do...

I mean, they likely have, I need to think, tools which can tell them skills and stats of characters and, thus, if there were out there characters with 1,100+ skills they would see it and know it in no time and, one would imagine, take the necessary actions towards those accounts....

Yet, if instead there is Videos and players saying that they are benefitting from this unusual and exceptional "boosting" of skills beyond what players can normally achieve, it means that this must be a fake news because, I cannot possibly imagine that such a relevant thing would get overlooked....

I mean, I cannot think that issues get looked at only when players report them.... there has to be tools and checks that Developers have in place to monitor the state of their game and take action BEFORE players were to report about any mulfunctioning...

So, I am incline to think this as being a fake news.
  • magrodnyc2magrodnyc2 Posts: 23
    i will send you a PM @popps ; with the video
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    edited June 2022
    i will send you a PM @ popps  with the video
    Assuming that it is real news (which I am not saying it is, as I have all doubts about it...), and that it happens and it has been happening for a while, then please, someone tell me how could this then possibly be explained that it it is happening.....

I mean, Game Developers, obviously, and for many good reasons, have a variety of tools to monitor their games well being and, I imagine, checking character's total skills is quite an easy measure to take, right ?

So, these news make no sense to me because, if this was not a fake news, I would have expected it to have been quite easily detected right away and stopped, with action taken against those accounts found doing it.

Something here does not add up to me....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Hmm. I can't really see all the equipment but +400 skills does seem like more than items could give (even with +20 of 5 skills on both jewels). Those skills could probably be photoshopped pretty easily.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Not seeing evidence this is real 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi has posted about this multiple times in the bug section for weeks people 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,248
    Just more proof that if you pay the person running an illegal server you can get what ever you want.
    I see nothing for Yoshi or Mervyn about this issue. Am I overlooking it?  
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    To my understanding this is a bug related to stacking skills onto a character… most relatable thing I thought of was how you could stack auras in Diablo II for a while by swapping +aura gear without dropping it.  

Seems likely that this is in fact a real bug.

The travesty here is not so much that a bug exists, but that even after having it identified and posted about in the games own bug forum it has gone unaddressed.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    dvvid said:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7189/dress-reskill-double-focus-skill-loss#latest
    Merus said:
    dvvid said:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7189/dress-reskill-double-focus-skill-loss#latest
    Thanks. The title of the thread threw me off. 

This is crazy to be left in game :/
    dvvid said:
    Merus said:
    dvvid said:
    Thanks. The title of the thread threw me off. 

This is crazy to be left in game :/
    Acknowledgement and accountability.....
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    It happens on free shards, like weapons with all slayers and 20 over specs.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Just to confirm,  this is a known issue.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 773
    LOL! It's so lame!

I remember years ago when we used to play the Heroes of Might and Magic games a lot in our house. My son, when he was a first and second grader, used to go into settings and give himself a 1000 or so of each of the character types in his army and endless piles of resources. So, there was 0 challenge to anything he did in the game. 

These cheaters remind me of first graders.  :D

75 Heroes of Might and Magic on GOGcom
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    It´s the kind of people that will cheat even at Solitaire... lame indeed!  :D
    The skill cap needs to be raised and made a hard cap 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 773
    edited June 2022
    :D  Archangel
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited June 2022
    It seems too time consuming for the benefit for me.  But, we shall see if this method of making a video and showing everyone how to exploit the game, makes the devs fix it faster.

It does violate Rule 19.

19.  You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online web site at http://www.uo.com/contact. ;   

https://uo.com/2012/09/10/tickets-for-customer-support/

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    It seems too time consuming for the benefit for me.  But, we shall see if this method of making a video and showing everyone how to exploit the game, makes the devs fix it faster.

It does violate Rule 19.

19.  You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online web site at http://www.uo.com/contact. ;   

https://uo.com/2012/09/10/tickets-for-customer-support/

Fix heck we are just hoping for acknowledgement...
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,387
    If this is real I’d hope the devs have a hot fix for it tomorrow 
    I mean they did hot fix the reapers for some reason ? 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Skett said:
    Reapers are more important :) 
    keven2002 said:
    Skett said:
    Reapers are more important :) 
    And pet costumes..
  • magrodnyc2magrodnyc2 Posts: 23
    Skett said:

you want more proof??

This discussion has been closed.