Your help is needed to balance the scales of justice!

Dear fellow players,

My name is Pitr, I'm the current Governor of New Magincia on Catskills.
Elections are here!
Being a TormTar, I'm a big fan of the retributions perspective of JUSTICE.

However someone is pretending to be me and running for governor of Moonglow.

"xxxxxxxx — Today at 1:43 PM
hey @everyone i have a friend running for gov of moonglow on cats who is willing to trade votes on other shards as well as provide the ingots to get the votes on cats if you are interested please look for Pitr at the catskills moonglow stone or reach out to @xxxxx through discord"

Well, I'm not that Pitr and folk are being deceived.

If you wish to get things right, join our discord and vote on his opponent!
Don't vote on my imposter!
just ask for ingots or wood.

Justice or Cyric... pick thy side.

Thank you!
Pitr

Comments

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 731
    edited June 2022
    That could only happen to you. 

Edited to add: And Zuckus.  :D
  • PitrPitr Posts: 163
    hehe... come visit!

<3
  •   Okay, I am both totally confused, and also having massive flashbacks. Your already mayor of New Magincia, and this guy is running to run Moonglow, so he isn't even in direct competition with you? 

I'm not sure exactly what we're supposed to do about this, simply vote against him in Moonglow, or vote for you in New Magincia? Lol... just realized I don't  even know  how  to vote  in this  game and politics  give me a headache. 

Also Torm and Cyric? Forgotten Realms references? :)

At any rate back in the ancient days when Nirvana and Green Day were still current and topping the charts, and you occasionally had a Wooly Mammoth block parking at  this thing called a Mall, I had a character named Paige (Great Lady Paige) of a guild called "Trinsic Council  Of Honor". We didn't have elections then, but I was an  anti-PK and  someone went around using the name "Page" (note the lack of an i) and mass murdering people and claiming it was me, even duplicating my costume of choice at the time. This was on Atlantic and while I personally suspected it was either Crackhead Bob (Trinsic Borrowers), or Sir Bad (he had a sense of humor), I later heard it was Ceres from The Mercs after I stopped playing. 

I do have some sympathy for UO dopplegangers, just not sure what anyone can actually do about it. 

That said for the low, low, price of 125 fey iron ingots delivered to Chesapeake I'll sign on as the campaign advisor of whoever delivers them! (not that I think that is possible, pretty sure they are shard bound). I actually do have a weird idea on how to resolve this issue in one direction or the other.....  :) 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    I have been asked to move this to Catskills, however since votes are being requested from players on other shards, I am not going to move it at this time.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Selling 1 vote for 100 eggs, any shard...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Seth said:

Wow your cheap, I mean obviously my integrity meant something in comparison. <span>:smile:</span>

All joking aside, if this is a true story I do think they should have a policy against dopplegangers. 
    edited June 2022
    Thank you for your help! 7 more votes to tie with the imposter and made a bunch of new friends!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Seth said:

Wow your cheap, I mean obviously my integrity meant something in comparison. <span>:smile:</span>

All joking aside, if this is a true story I do think they should have a policy against dopplegangers. 
    There is. They can not pretend to be you or do anything to defame you.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    well I guess the DMs skipped the training on the day of that topic.
    anyhow, we're uo players, we adapt and overcome... so I came here and got your help!
    52% now... thank you for caring! <3
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2022
    Seth said:

Wow your cheap, I mean obviously my integrity meant something in comparison.  
     :D 

The offer is still on the table, 1 vote for 100 eggs or 100m... This is a fun game that allow stealing, murdering, robbing, begging and... bribing... 

Bribe me Bribe me Please....
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    vote.png 127.1K

again
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,083
    Pitr said:
    Hmmm... what are the chances that these prizes end up randomly going to this person's alternate account. Thanks for the votes...suckers! lmao
    Thank you for visiting Catskills!
    So far, so good!
    Best of luck!
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I seem to recall this happening before maybe a clever political strategy?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Thank you for your votes, specially the community of Lake Superior (Wild tamer and In Exile guild)!
    We... won!

Kaz! [CSA] — 06/17/2022

1. 1st prize spin - Big ass leviathan!

2. [1:33 AM]
      Spin 2 - EM Fountain

3. [1:34 AM]
      IPALADINI

4. [1:34 AM]
      3rd spin - SSI Quiver (on cats or atlantic)

5. [1:35 AM]
      ELADAR

6. [1:35 AM]

7. [1:36 AM]
      congrats to all the winners! we will arrange delivery to all winners!
    ---

This ends our "clash"... for now, Justice won... thank you all for caring!
    This is gross. It doesn't surprise me, but it's gross.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    LilyGrace said:
    This is gross. It doesn't surprise me, but it's gross.
    It's a clever political strategy 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited June 2023
    Dear members of the Community, once again I ask for thy help.

Thank to thy help, we've won the previous two elections.
    During that year there were so many rude comments that our Catskills EM updated the King meeting's rules.

https://shorturl.at/hGHR3

If you take a look at the current nominations, you can draw your own conclusions.

So welcome to round Three!

2-0 thanks to YOU!

Please join us on Catskills and, once again, prevent this gentleman, that has the support of Cartel, from griefing the election system.

Torm vs Cyric, round three!

Thank you for your time!
    Pitr, this Pitr...
    https://www.uoguide.com/Catskills:_Gentle_Rest_Inn

If you feel like helping out, visit Catskills and vote!
    Ask for some help on general chat.
    If you need ingots to vote on any city please ask here:
    https://discord.gg/w2cRfQNXcp
    We'll do our best to introduce you to the non-griefing candidate that you picked.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited June 2023
    As if the whole Governor thing wasn't a shambles already, this improves it...oh wait, no it doesn't.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    <3
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    So we want the Crazy K Guild to run all cities?

Least yall have a lot of nominees on Cats.

Good Luck!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    edited June 2023

Isn't this type of this against the tos of the forums. maybe this person made two pitrs and is sprucking one as a fake to gather pity votes.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Also Vote for me as Mayor of Britain on atl, I promise bigger better idocs, less corruption on all peerless monsters, Better policing by GM's, The dev team to start communicating with people!

A vote for Saul is a vote for me, lets Make uo Mediocre again!
    edited June 2023
    Pawain said:
    So we want the Crazy K Guild to run all cities?

Least yall have a lot of nominees on Cats.

Good Luck!

It is always a Blast :)

Thank you for your positive energy and thank you for the helpful Classic Client macros!

• Mariah said:
    I have been asked to move this to Catskills, however since votes are being requested from players on other shards, I am not going to move it at this time.

I'm glad you didn't fall for this, because this is not a Catskills-specific issue. This is a game-wide issue. The most reasonable argument of course is for local control over elections -- those who bear the most consequences of the elections should have the most say.
  • burgermabburgermab Posts: 17
    edited June 2023
    I know Pitr for a long time. Why should a fake pitr post this link to my Discord Drachenfels server? I'm not familiar with the Catskills server, but I would vote for Pitr.

Thank God you win on the Drachenfels server with 1 vote, since there are no other applicants. :D

I hope this "special" guild doesn't get any stupid ideas now...! The official language on the DF server is german. That should be enough warning. :p

<3

Stay safe!!!

"ein Kreis, eine Seele"