Egg Script

I have played 24 years and never nor have I ever used scripts nor do I know how and  don't want to know. That said I am sadly frustrated.
Please never make something like the eggs interactive with Dungeon Event again. I a female have no interest in Fighting and Dying a million times nor have I ever PVP'd
Now I love deco and I was so excited with the Hedges, Parrots, Butterflies and Candles. BUT 1 month left and the Egg Scripters are not slowing down and this is on ALL Shards.
Please never include something like this together again. 

Thank you
Also I don't buy eggs from people, I shouldn't have to :[

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Opalala said:
    I have played 24 years and never nor have I ever used scripts nor do I know how and  don't want to know. That said I am sadly frustrated.
    Please never make something like the eggs interactive with Dungeon Event again. I a female have no interest in Fighting and Dying a million times nor have I ever PVP'd
    Now I love deco and I was so excited with the Hedges, Parrots, Butterflies and Candles. BUT 1 month left and the Egg Scripters are not slowing down and this is on ALL Shards.
    Please never include something like this together again. 

Thank you
    Also I don't buy eggs from people, I shouldn't have to :[

How did you not get a bazillion hedges, butterflies, parrots, before the dungeon event began?  I did and have only picked up 7 eggs. I traded stuff for eggs.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    You do not need to script. I've collected over 7000 eggs since the event started staying at least one spawn spot ahead of two sometimes three scripters and other players without scripting the collection process. True I removed the need to add individual egg hues to the EC's scavenger.

I suck at prolonged combat and like the idea of non-combat ways to collect turn in items.  During the Khaldun Halloween event I had more fun using my thief to collect turn in items from chests then I did using my main mage battling the mobs.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    I like having a choice.  I do both collect eggs and play the dungeon.  Can get more ingots per hour, around 10, from collecting eggs than drops from playing in the dungeon.  But if the dungeon is playable, I will play it.  The dungeon on the nights it is playable is more fun but collecting eggs is easier on my hands as I can do that one handed so it’s kind of a trade off.
    I do monitor vendor search for good deals on ingots, drops and eggs, and occasionally find a few.  I am not a programmer so I have no idea on how to script or do anything else in the game that can be done with those kinds of skills.  But I do like having the option of hunting eggs or monsters.  I do feel though that the game should be able to police itself.
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    Choices are always good.  But when you have a combat choice or a non-combat choice, the combat choice should yield a much higher drop rate.  This is not the case, as the spawn and drop rates are almost zero in the dungeons lately.  On most shards I play on, I login, check Destard, see there is a ridiculous ratio of paragons to players, leave, go collect eggs, see there is a ridiculous amount of scripters, go to another shard, rinse and repeat.  Atlantic is really the only shard I can stay for any lengthy amount of time just because we can get together and kill the paragons, but even there, the paragons are WAY out of control.  Time has come to shut off the paragon spawning and up the drop rates of fey treasures.  This event has been poorly organized, so now is the time to reward the people who have toughed it out this far.  Stop all non-Fel egg spawning, turn off the paragons, and make drop rates around 75% on a tag...
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Paragon amount could be lowered a little I agree. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Sarkon said:
    Choices are always good.  But when you have a combat choice or a non-combat choice, the combat choice should yield a much higher drop rate.  This is not the case, as the spawn and drop rates are almost zero in the dungeons lately.  On most shards I play on, I login, check Destard, see there is a ridiculous ratio of paragons to players, leave, go collect eggs, see there is a ridiculous amount of scripters, go to another shard, rinse and repeat.  Atlantic is really the only shard I can stay for any lengthy amount of time just because we can get together and kill the paragons, but even there, the paragons are WAY out of control.  Time has come to shut off the paragon spawning and up the drop rates of fey treasures.  This event has been poorly organized, so now is the time to reward the people who have toughed it out this far.  Stop all non-Fel egg spawning, turn off the paragons, and make drop rates around 75% on a tag...
    I agree with most of this but I don't think turning off non-Fel eggs would help much. That's where they are being PKed by people like Yoshi. If anything it should be Tram that is turned off so there is more risk (although I'm sure that will be unpopular). 

It does seem like the drop rate is lower than average based on previous events. Personally I think that if they would just open up Fel now, that would be the easiest way to salvage this event and show that the Devs listen to the players. From all the comments I've seen 99% of players are for opening Fel with only a couple of the usual trolls arguing about adding Fel.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    nah, don't change the eggs. If they are not changing the paragons I am going to master legendary egg picking for a while. Its boring but I'd rather pick up eggs then drop grey robes. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Sarkon said:
    I have been saying since Paragons started with these Events...

We need a DESPAWN timer for Paragons if they are not killed.

It is a must need to avoid their "buildup" which then makes the Dungeon unplayable, in those instances where not enough players that can kill them are in the Dungeon.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I've said over and over acknowledgement and accountability. Admit there are issues and for goodness sake work with the players to fix instead of your copout we are working behind the scenes. On what? What do we look for?  Pathetic  @Mesanna
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    I've said over and over acknowledgement and accountability. Admit there are issues and for goodness sake work with the players to fix instead of your copout we are working behind the scenes. On what? What do we look for?  Pathetic  @ Mesanna
    #truth

What you are experiencing is Abadonware.

They value scripter $$ more than honest players.  It won't change unless honest players cancel accounts.  

Sadly this is our only choice. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    The complains will increase over the years and then suddenly quiet.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Don’t see many players in the dungeon at night anymore.  Agree the drop rate should go up some for those killing paragons.  Play occasionally with really good players.  I help when I can with the big stuff but mostly go after the regular stuff with fey in the name and seem to do better than they do dropwise.  Not talking about a lot of drops here.  Still get more per hour from collecting eggs. Agree should have been thought out and monitored better.  Some players were selling quivers the first or second day of the event.  Thought the Wind event was organized much better esp. in the dungeon.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited May 2022
    In Hythloth most shards put the Balrons in a closed room.  Why are you not leading the SW and GDs to the Water eles past the new Drakes?  Lead, recall out.  Kill the other stuff.
    They seem to turn dumb when you lead them there.  They wont attack you immediately when you return.

Noticed this is not the correct thread for this sorry.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    keven2002 said:
    Sarkon said:
    I agree with most of this but I don't think turning off non-Fel eggs would help much. That's where they are being PKed by people like Yoshi. If anything it should be Tram that is turned off so there is more risk (although I'm sure that will be unpopular). 

It does seem like the drop rate is lower than average based on previous events. Personally I think that if they would just open up Fel now, that would be the easiest way to salvage this event and show that the Devs listen to the players. From all the comments I've seen 99% of players are for opening Fel with only a couple of the usual trolls arguing about adding Fel.
    Turning off non-Fel eggs means the eggs would only spawn in Fel.  I just phrased it like that because eggs spawn on all facets.  Eggs should ONLY spawn in Fel, outside of guard zones.  There has to be a balance of risk factors here.  It needs to be in favor of people in the dungeons, not gunters....or you get everyone hunting eggs instead of fighting.  I think most shards have turned into that anyways though
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Ah yes sorry for the confusion - I would agree then. Especially about the piece on the reward being greater from the dungeon. I don't think they need to stop the egg part of getting rewards but egg collecting ultimately shouldn't net more reward than going into the dungeon and collecting death robes (and requiring actual skills instead of 50 magery in wraith form).
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2022
    “Please can you (collective) list the areas outside of guard zone fel with a persistent egg spawn.
    so far I have 3 farm houses in skara brae (and occasionally the farmers market in the town when it turns VvV)
    any more locations please?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    the small islands in tokuno are great for getting eggs and rabbits. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Yoshi said:
    “Please can you (collective) list the areas outside of guard zone fel with a persistent egg spawn.
    so far I have 3 farm houses in skara brae (and occasionally the farmers market in the town when it turns VvV)
    any more locations please?”
    Outside Delucia. all those little hills where the rabbits spawn.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited June 2022
    "tokuno is not available in fel. 

@Victim_Of_Siege, thanks i know of 2 persistent spawn locations in the lost lands, little tricky to get to as can't recall in/out of there in fel"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Yoshi said:

@ Victim_Of_Siege, thanks i know of 2 persistent spawn locations in the lost lands, little tricky to get to as can't recall in/out of there in fel"

Did you ever train taming from scratch? Before tokens and SoAs etc? Where would you find large concentrations of animals of all types?  That's where rabbits are too.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I watched and tested a known egg bot on Pacific for some time and observed they used some sort of path find functionality that prevented the bot from going after eggs that are inaccessible. Even eggs that are in buildings and there is no line of sight to see if the egg was accessible or not. The bot would stay outside of the building if the egg inside was inaccessible. The more inaccessible eggs there were in the building the longer the bot would stay outside. Almost as if it was trying to find a path to each egg.
    TimSt said:
    I watched and tested a known egg bot on Pacific for some time and observed they used some sort of path find functionality that prevented the bot from going after eggs that are inaccessible. Even eggs that are in buildings and there is no line of sight to see if the egg was accessible or not. The bot would stay outside of the building if the egg inside was inaccessible. The more inaccessible eggs there were in the building the longer the bot would stay outside. Almost as if it was trying to find a path to each egg.
    Now now Tim clearly he is just a highly skilled player there are no scripts and everyone else needs to get gud
    Yoshi said:

@ Victim_Of_Siege, thanks i know of 2 persistent spawn locations in the lost lands, little tricky to get to as can't recall in/out of there in fel"
    True, but you can recall to just outside the cave to Delucia, and it is a short run from there. I have that spot marked on the shards I play most. 

Just an observation from out in the field.  Bots getting eggs don’t appear to have eval intel.  Observed some at the turn that could not defend themselves even against the headless ones.  Appears that although players can’t attack them, monsters can.  Hope this information might be useful.  
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    My namesake here is a thief. I've never claimed to be the best ever but i can do far better than most. 

This whole event has been a bummer to me until today, when i discovered the joy i can have camping one fel spot and stealing the eggs from players(and or recall bots idk). Since eggs are only 1 stone i have a slim to none chance at flagging with 120 skill. 

This is possibly the most fun i've had in game in a long time. Hopefully something like this will remain for the future events. 

Urge said:
    My namesake here is a thief. I've never claimed to be the best ever but i can do far better than most. 

This whole event has been a bummer to me until today, when i discovered the joy i can have camping one fel spot and stealing the eggs from players(and or recall bots idk). Since eggs are only 1 stone i have a slim to none chance at flagging with 120 skill. 

This is possibly the most fun i've had in game in a long time. Hopefully something like this will remain for the future events. 

"yes it's even easy to get 120 stealing with just items, starting a char with 50 skill, no prep required"

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Probably 2 hours tops off the same guy. Standing in the same spot with a last object macro to open the pack then a manual target steal. 

I really hope they include something like the eggs in fel for the next event. You would not believe how satisfying this is.

(Disclaimer, i only went criminal 3 times in 40 steals)

uo2.png 105.1K
    Urge said:
    Probably 2 hours tops off the same guy. Standing in the same spot with a last object macro to open the pack then a manual target steal. 

I really hope they include something like the eggs in fel for the next event. You would not believe how satisfying this is.

(Disclaimer, i only went criminal 3 times in 40 steals)

Mire things like this and high seas as well maybe the dread pirates carry them
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited June 2022
    Urge said:

@Urge

Out of curiosity, since most of the Eggs spawns are in Farms that are Guard zones, don't you get Guards whacked the split second that you steal an egg from a player ?

Also, you cannot hide for 2 minutes after stealing from a player, if I remember correctly, and cannot recall either.... so that is a whole lot of running for each and every egg that is stolen.... before a thief can have hundreds, it would take a while, I guess... ain't it more efficient to just gather the eggs on one's own, rather then stealing them ? Probably takes less time....

Do you use a Disguise kit or just steal with your character original name showing ?
    popps said:
    Urge said:

@ Urge

Out of curiosity, since most of the Eggs spawns are in Farms that are Guard zones, don't you get Guards whacked the split second that you steal an egg from a player ?

Also, you cannot hide for 2 minutes after stealing from a player, if I remember correctly, and cannot recall either.... so that is a whole lot of running for each and every egg that is stolen.... before a thief can have hundreds, it would take a while, I guess... ain't it more efficient to just gather the eggs on one's own, rather then stealing them ? Probably takes less time....

Do you use a Disguise kit or just steal with your character original name showing ?
    Tell me you've never played a Thief, without telling me you've never played a thief.