Is there a way, CC with UOAssist or EC (or with Pinco) to Macro select eggs as Quest item ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,945
edited May 2022 in General Discussions
I do not know others but, personally, I find it extremely tedious to have to select eggs as Quest items before being able to turn them in for the Quest, one at a time....

And have to do this hundreds, thousands of times....

So, I wondered whether anyone was able to come up with a way to Macro the selecting eggs as a Quest item whether using the Classic Client (with UOAssist ?) or with the Enhanced Client without or with Pinco's UI....

Having to do it manually for so many times really wears down.... games are played for fun, I imagine, not to get worn down by so much repetitive gameplay mechanics....

Thanks.

Comments

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 904
    short answer to an overly loooooooooooong question is NO
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    edited May 2022
    short answer to an overly loooooooooooong question is NO
    Which it sounds odd to me....

I mean, the Developers introduced an alternate, non-fighting way (which is absolutely great, IMHO) to get points whereas eggs need to be tagged as Quest item and whereas 10 eggs are necessary for 1 point and there is up to 250 points Rewards ?

Folks, that means, 250 x 10 = 2,500 eggs to be tagged as "Quest items".....

Over, and over and over....

I am much surprised that the Developers did not also introduce a way to Macro the selecting of eggs as Quest items to reduce the tediousness of repetitive behaviour to players....

I mean, don't players play games for fun, and not to get tedioused by repetitive gameplay ?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    “Ec there is a macro to select quest item, I’m sure one of the EC programmers here can write a script for it to auto target last item in backpack since you can make a script for that in the ‘other’ classic client
    @Khyro and @Arroth_Thaiel will be able to write this for you.

but you know people are complaining about scripters….
    What’s the difference between you using this and someone else making it automatically recall and hand in the eggs?
    …like you say just tedious repetitive gameplay

To go off on a tangent, you will be amazed at the bot tech some guilds have deployed, especially with the discord notification hooks. 
    I have access to some beautifully designed things that notify of idocs and even show a map of where the idoc is. 
    We had access to a great underwater notification when we would automatically get buzzed if someone dropped the keys in etc
    these are the simple bots people make but you have to admire the beauty in some people’s ability to somewhat ‘cheat’
    i can’t even discuss the more sophisticated bots people have made but some I swear are better than players even”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    cant be done. end of discussion no need for loooong drawn out replies

Pinco has stated it cant be done so it is so

Next?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    “I’m sure you can. If you just link a macro for toggle quest item, to last object in backpack, I think that’s all he wants. (You may have to press the button one time when you pick up egg) 
    i know this is possible or else you would not be able to auto insure artifacts
    the trigger for that macro is a journal notification.
    im not a scripter myself but I have an idea of what is possible, as I have given ideas to scripters with positive results”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    Yoshi said:
    “Ec there is a macro to select quest item, I’m sure one of the EC programmers here can write a script for it to auto target last item in backpack since you can make a script for that in the ‘other’ classic client
    @ Khyro and @ Arroth_Thaiel will be able to write this for you.

but you know people are complaining about scripters….
    What’s the difference between you using this and someone else making it automatically recall and hand in the eggs?
    …like you say just tedious repetitive gameplay”
    Well, frankly, I do not agree with mechanics that are tedious and repetitive because, to my opinion, they promote players to script them rather then actually do them manually ....

Scripters should be fought not making mechanics annoying and a chore for any and all players but, rather, identifying those unauthorized Third Party utilities which are used to to script, sometimes aven AFK, against the TOS, and ban those accounts using them as well as also whatever other "main" account might benefit from any disposable, throw away account scripting through unauthorized Third Party utilities....
    YOU CANT DO IT SO IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOUR OPINION IS POPPS! 

LISTEN FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!