UO.com Website Suggestion

I've seen numerous people who have no idea UO is free to play even after visiting the official website. Can you please make a big "Free To Play" Banner or Link on the home page when it loads up. Think it would help bring in additional players.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Ya expecting them to click the learn more icon is too much to ask.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Then they have to read all the way to the third sentence.

For over 20 years Ultima Online has given thousands the ability to live in a world born of mystic arts and ancient sorcery. Endless Journey will allow players past and present to return to Britannia and rekindle the magic of this venerable MMO!

Ultima Online: Endless Journey is a way for players to experience the core features of Ultima Online without a paid subscription. Endless Journeyaccounts will have access to all pre-existing and newly created characters on all shards.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You mean I need to read how to play a game before I play it, now what kind of game makes you do that.
    I've seen numerous people who have no idea UO is free to play even after visiting the official website. Can you please make a big "Free To Play" Banner or Link on the home page when it loads up. Think it would help bring in additional players.

Also I dont agree with calling it free to play.  It is more like free to try.  I think BS also feels that way.

But, if you are very casual gamer then it could be free to play since you will not have time for many of the aspects of UO.

• EyeEye Posts: 91
    It is f2p.
    I started an ej account, it's limited but i can live with it.
    Upgraded it a little, cause i wanted to use masteries. 
    For a support character, or trying the game out, it's enough.
  • Pawain, it is not obvious to someone checking out the website that the game is now free to play.  I guarantee the vast majority don't see "learn more about endless journey" on the homepage and think "oh I want to read all about this endless journey update and maybe I'll find out if the games free to play" it is something that should be advertised more and its absolutely free to do that on their own website.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    edited April 2018
    Correct. Virtually all website/product testing shows you just need to splatter the word "free" there to increase conversion. Never mind that indeed it does not communicate that Ultima Online went free to play. 
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Bilbo said:
    You mean I need to read how to play a game before I play it, now what kind of game makes you do that.
    :D Yup: on this I fully agree with you. Remarkable... ;)
    Pawain said:
    Then they have to read all the way to the third sentence.

For over 20 years Ultima Online has given thousands the ability to live in a world born of mystic arts and ancient sorcery. Endless Journey will allow players past and present to return to Britannia and rekindle the magic of this venerable MMO!

Ultima Online: Endless Journey is a way for players to experience the core features of Ultima Online without a paid subscription. Endless Journeyaccounts will have access to all pre-existing and newly created characters on all shards.

WOW! People nowdays READING??? That will be tatamount to a miracle! :D ;)
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    People don't want to read a load of stuff on a separate website, they just want to get into the game and play, accurate help inside the game would be useful though...
    jaytin said:
    People don't want to read a load of stuff on a separate website, they just want to get into the game and play, accurate help inside the game would be useful though...
    In game help is always a good idea, but this don't justify people laziness: too many want their food prechewed and predigested today... :|
    jaytin said:
    How do you think people find out about a game in the first place or do you thing it just pops magically in their head and they go gee I will log into that game and play it even though I have no clue what it is about.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Bilbo said:
    jaytin said:
    How do you think people find out about a game in the first place or do you thing it just pops magically in their head and they go gee I will log into that game and play it even though I have no clue what it is about.
    That's how I started.

I found AoS in a second hand store for $8.....the blurb on the back sounded really cool so I bought it...didn't know about Stratics, downloaded the client off the CD so never even looked at uo.com...I just downloaded, logged in and tried to figure it out..that's how I play most games....it's half the fun for me.

I still have that box too....ahh the memories :)

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I bought UO Second Age for £3 from a supermarket bargain bin back in 2002, I had no idea what it was about, I didn't find Stratics until around 2006/2007. Like Larisa I didn't know about UO.com, in fact I have very rarely gone there. Most of what I learned about UO came from people in game and my own trial and error. 
    So I was right, it didn't magically pop into your head you both actually found something like an item or an articular about UO that peaked your interest.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    It's magically delicious! lol but no of course not...BUT if people are looking to try a new game...they are going to do some searching or get told by friends. When Ando left the Dev team, he went to a company called Aeria games...I had never heard of it...*Hey come check out this new game I am helping develop* I was one of the first people to play...played that game for a few years...through the people I met there, I came across another game and played that one for a few years....so word of mouth is a BIG thing when it comes to getting the word out, I had never seen any ads or anything related to these 2 games I became so involved in, it was through friends and other players.

Aint it though
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Was mentioned countless times that nobody outside UO will have an idea what EJ means.

Obviously no one at Broadsword cared to use terms that every gamer will understand.

At least it now says "Play For Free Now!". So they kinda realized this non-sense of not calling it F2P is going nowhere...
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)