@Kyronix @Bleak @Messana Do you care about scripters or not?

TheoTheo Posts: 172
edited May 2022 in General Discussions
This event has turned into a scripters paradise. The ability to turn in eggs for dungeon points has turned on the scripting nonstop. They are easy to find. On Great Lakes everyone on the shard can tell you the 4-5 toons that are running scripts non-stop for eggs.  Just do some backend logging. Find the accounts that are turning in over 5,000 eggs a day and you will find the scripters. They are running almost 24x7 with no impunity even if you report them. 

How can you tell it is a script?  

1 - One of them can't manage doors. Its set to recall into each room of the farms. Even when an egg is just behind the door it will recall to rooms one by one faster than any human can manage a runebook. 

2 - The others that walk through doors will run without any mistakes. No running into cats or NPC in fel. Directly to egg and pick up immediately as they get to it.   

3 - They will port in right next to an egg and then run outside the house, get the egg, and then go back to the one they ported into. No human would do that. 

4 - Sometimes they get overloaded and the script will still run. They run to all the eggs, don't pick them up then recall to others, until their human shows up to fix the problem. 

Then you hear their human owners in Gen chat complaining that the dungeon points cap out at 1,000 banked.   

This is just not fair to honest players trying to do this event to watch zero repercussions to people cheating their way to thousands of drops for rewards worth lots of gold to a casual player through work.   

Do you need help? Shall I send videos?  They aren't hard to find.  Go to any of the brit farms in Tram or Fel and watch for 15 minutes on any decently populated shard.  I can give you the player names of the 4 main scipters on GL. Everyone knows them. Sometimes 2 and 3 are at the same house at the same time.  Its non-stop.  

Do you care?  I thought you had ways to deal with scripting but that seems like its been lost.  
  1. Script gathering of eggs is a problem on my shard.1 vote
    1. Yes, I've observed it.
      100.00%
    2. No, I don't think so.
        0.00%
    3. NA - I haven't noticed or cared.
        0.00%

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    This is another way to tell who is scripting (have spirit speak on your toon). These ghosts have been there since at least 2pm when I logged in to see how laggy it was on ATL (they are still there). If you were actively playing, there is no chance that you'd still be there as a ghost 3 hours later in the same exact spot.

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Thank you for your post. The appropriate place to report suspected cheating is in game.
This discussion has been closed.