Kyronix - Please respond on the Treasures of Fey

2»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @Kyronix - Asking again for some further clarification on my questions / proposed solutions that are still outstanding after the "fix" was put in over a week ago.

Thank you.
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    I plan on xfering off Atlantic to do this event. Atlantic is barely playable at the times I play, the lag is bad, plus monsters are dead before I can target them on a spell caster. Sitting and spamming wildfire isn't fun to me. I tried on melee and cant get a health bar up before it's dead. Maybe Atlantic just isn't for me anymore?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Xris said:
    I plan on xfering off Atlantic to do this event. Atlantic is barely playable at the times I play, the lag is bad, plus monsters are dead before I can target them on a spell caster. Sitting and spamming wildfire isn't fun to me. I tried on melee and cant get a health bar up before it's dead. Maybe Atlantic just isn't for me anymore?
    Come to Origin 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199

This event is just awful.  The devs really need to hear the pitchforks on this one. 

The lag on Atlantic is still dreadful.  Doesn't matter what level hardware you have or your internet speed, it's borderline unplayable in a number of areas.  

There is hardly enough spawn in the "main room" where the champ usually is (or the lag is too much to deal with to run around to reach it).

There are basically four or five spots in the dungeon where you can go park some Thrower/Archer, and just hit "Next Target" constantly and hope you get lucky before one of the script bots gets it.   So in other words, almost no challenge or fun of running around and fighting stuff with a group or really coming up with much strategy.  

Does it even bear to mention the number of AFK scripters?  Seems like little is being to address it, which is an entirely different topic all together.  My guess is that they're the cause of the lag on Atlantic, which is probably the biggest problem of all.

Been using potions and getting less than 10 drops sometimes.  Feels like a waste of Sovereigns.  

The only 'good' thing (if you want to call it that), is that so many drops are being script-farmed that they're relatively cheap on VS compared to previous events.  

I hate being a negative nancy and usually am one of those 'glass half full' guys who try to find the silver lining, but this event is just such a mess compared to the last two awesome "Treasures" events.  

Merlin said:

This event is just awful.  The devs really need to hear the pitchforks on this one. 

The lag on Atlantic is still dreadful.  Doesn't matter what level hardware you have or your internet speed, it's borderline unplayable in a number of areas.  

There is hardly enough spawn in the "main room" where the champ usually is (or the lag is too much to deal with to run around to reach it).

There are basically four or five spots in the dungeon where you can go park some Thrower/Archer, and just hit "Next Target" constantly and hope you get lucky before one of the script bots gets it.   So in other words, almost no challenge or fun of running around and fighting stuff with a group or really coming up with much strategy.  

Does it even bear to mention the number of AFK scripters?  Seems like little is being to address it, which is an entirely different topic all together.  My guess is that they're the cause of the lag on Atlantic, which is probably the biggest problem of all.

Been using potions and getting less than 10 drops sometimes.  Feels like a waste of Sovereigns.  

The only 'good' thing (if you want to call it that), is that so many drops are being script-farmed that they're relatively cheap on VS compared to previous events.  

I hate being a negative nancy and usually am one of those 'glass half full' guys who try to find the silver lining, but this event is just such a mess compared to the last two awesome "Treasures" events.  

Again i will state it's not that the event is broken. It happens. It's the developers lack of acknowledgement and communication that makes this ridiculous 
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    Merlin said:

Again i will state it's not that the event is broken. It happens. It's the developers lack of acknowledgement and communication that makes this ridiculous 

Nope.  It IS the event that's broken.   Your comment about the dev's communication is not mutually exclusive to my commentary on the problems with the event.   Progress is needed on both. 

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Xris said:
    The items are shard-bound, so you will need to buy from others later back at Atlantic.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • VecnaVecna Posts: 23
    The lag on Atlantic is awful. The event on Atlantic is awful. I have tried it on low populated shards and it is fine there. But on Atlantic it is truly the worst UO experience I've had in a long, long time. You guys who are buying and using potions, why? Paying even $2 a pop to go from 5 drops to 10 per hour is $2 more than the game deserves if you are doing it on Atlantic. I love this game but holy **** the lack of communication and willful inability to address the situation is insulting.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    “I am sure it’s the scripts that cause the lag. Very often when I’m fighting someone in fel and they’re using a lot of scripts it makes me lag and feels like the client is going to crash, and that’s just one person on screen. 
    I made a thread to request a cap on the number of scripts people can run but apparently that was an unacceptable request and thread got locked

the idea about banning people for being afk is a bit nonsense, In a fairly public discord chat today a script got shared for auto insuring drops and auto targeting etc and it has a discord web hook to notify when x or y happens, eg char is dead.
    the half decent scripters will receive a notification via discord when a gm starts chat, I’ve seen the notifications, so by banning the afk people they would ironically be punishing those who left a weight on the keyboard and those with half decent scripts would not be banned.
    So if you got banned for going afk (cos there are 0 buttons for you to press) and your guild mate did not because he was using a complex script, next time you would use your guild mate’s script. So you don’t want to send people down bad paths.

what do you actually want the devs to do? 

Let us say they now made the whole big dungeon have random spawn like how all the other treasures of events worked. People did afk farm those, and now even more people have now set up their afk chars and scripts so all that will happen is they will just move their afk chars to a more efficient location. 
    I don’t think there is anything a dev can do in a trammel environment, it’s a battle not worth having. 

They can’t move the event to fel and make drops cursed because the violets and jepeths type players will cry even more, it is a lose lose situation for the devs”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @Kyronix - Is there a reason you will not answer these questions (specifically as it relates to this event on ATL). There is not a single person on here or that I've spoken to on ATL that thinks this event is "good". All you have to do is log into ATL any time after let's say noon to see what I'm talking about.

I was hoping you'd respond sooner rather than later so people wouldn't pile on but it's now 4 days since I've made my original post (doesn't include the weekend) and people are getting frustrated with lack of communication. 

Can you please answer the original questions I posted (and maybe also explain why EJ accounts are still getting drops) so I know if this event is even something worth me logging in for? Unfortunately, I kind of did all the "other" stuff in the game leading up to this event in anticipation and given how broken the event is currently on ATL I haven't even logged in for the last 5 days.
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Is there a reason you will not answer these questions (specifically as it relates to this event on ATL). There is not a single person on here or that I've spoken to on ATL that thinks this event is "good". All you have to do is log into ATL any time after let's say noon to see what I'm talking about.

I was hoping you'd respond sooner rather than later so people wouldn't pile on but it's now 4 days since I've made my original post (doesn't include the weekend) and people are getting frustrated with lack of communication. 

Can you please answer the original questions I posted (and maybe also explain why EJ accounts are still getting drops) so I know if this event is even something worth me logging in for? Unfortunately, I kind of did all the "other" stuff in the game leading up to this event in anticipation and given how broken the event is currently on ATL I haven't even logged in for the last 5 days.
    @keven2002 @Kyronix is not the boss the decision to reply and address these and all issues lay squarely on the shoulders of @Mesanna tagging anyone else futile and maybe we need to start asking for her bosses email.....
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Is there a reason you will not answer these questions (specifically as it relates to this event on ATL). There is not a single person on here or that I've spoken to on ATL that thinks this event is "good". All you have to do is log into ATL any time after let's say noon to see what I'm talking about.

@ keven2002 @ Kyronix is not the boss the decision to reply and address these and all issues lay squarely on the shoulders of @ Mesanna tagging anyone else futile and maybe we need to start asking for her bosses email.....
    I think that would be Rob Denton http://www.broadsword.com/about.html .  At the bottom of the page is a Contact Us 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    This thread has become toxic. Please refer toe the ToS before posting.
This discussion has been closed.