Spell casting reapers can attack and kill people in their housing.

TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
Going to officially put this as a bug. Spell casting reapers can attack and kill people in their housing.

A reaper spawned behind my keep in Pacific Felluca and almost instantly killed my character who was on the roof of the keep.

The keep was public at the time.  I switched it to private and the reaper was able to attack me when I was 5 tiles away from the edge of the roof.

Expected to be targeted but not attacked much less killed.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “It is only reapers that can do this, not a player or any other magical creature? 

If you can be reached by a player spell or any other magical creature that is working as intended, if you’re on a level with walls that should block line of sight”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    As the second picture showed the reaper should not have line of sight when he was able to attack my character.  I was three floors up, 5 tiles away from a small wall.  No other spell caster has ever been able to hit me with a spell when I have been that far from the edge.  I definitely have not been able to hit anything on the ground from there.

edited April 2022
    "Can you please provide co-ordinates for the keep"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    Pretty sure it is near the entrance to the lost lands that is near the arena.  We have a library there.  There are always a couple reavers right next to the building.  It’s a good place to harvest them if you have a reason to do that.  I train throwing there.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    Relevants chasing you can also follow you into your home.  That’s a little different though.  When I was just starting out a relevant cast by a butcher in Trammel followed me to Malas and killed me in my home there.  That was quite a surprise after I had recalled home.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    Now where near the near the entrance to the Lost Lands.  More North of the Yew moon gate than anything.

Feel free to drop in for a visit. I've made the keep public again since being private did not prevent the reaper from attacking me.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It's always been my understanding that inside you are safe (unless that little corner piece is missing) but attack able on roof with the many openings in new style buildings it wouldn't surprise me to be open to attack even inside 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited April 2022
    "Thank you for making house public. This is not an issue with reapers, anything has line of sight from this location.
    As for you being hit from 5 tiles in or more, that is a second issue with mobs spell stacking while in range and hit you when out of range/sight, discussed in a seperate report here
    "

• gaygay Posts: 358
    It's called line of sight, and it doesn't go away just because you're inside of a house.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2022
    McDougle said:
    It's always been my understanding that inside you are safe (unless that little corner piece is missing) but attack able on roof with the many openings in new style buildings it wouldn't surprise me to be open to attack even inside 
    The spells can hit even if character is inside a full sealed room with no windows or doors, depending on where he stand.

Maybe the Dev Team should fix this Wall does not block spell attack issue, before fixing the Reaper.

Maybe they should read the forum and get informed about bugs and feedback from 30 players instead of listening to One player during M&G.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    The spells can hit even if character is inside a full sealed room with no windows or doors, depending on where he stand.

"quod erat demonstrandum"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,048
    @Yoshi ; can someone shoot me with arrows or spells in a private fel house?  If I am on the roof or in front of an archway.  Like the custom castles and keeps have?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    “as long as there is line of sight yeah, test with your mount if you’re not sure”
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yoshi said:
    Seth said:

"quod erat demonstrandum"
    when i was in uni, my lecturer just used qed. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,048
    Yoshi said:
    “as long as there is line of sight yeah, test with your mount if you’re not sure”
    So someone cant use an object on my steps but they can send spells inside.  Half the custom designs do not have doors.  I guess it has not been an issue.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 795
    New door craft-ables should be added.  (requested in the homes subforum a while back).  it's indeed strange that most custom castles/etc have open doorways, and the current limited craftable doors look janky at best when placed in those spots.

The real form of the harrower was definitely broken previously (flimsy).  Though it's not clear the purpose of this hotfix was to address that issue.

People familiar with the Ultima lore will know that reapers were feared spellcasters.  

Fixes like this should go to test center first, to get more feedback.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Didn't they stop casting when spellweaving came out some issues with summon reaper..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...