Seed Insanity

I was trying organize my seeds and I don't how many types of seeds have two like hops and hedges. Is there a list or database or something.  I am just about to go medieval on my seed boxes.  This is nuts.  No no ..Let not bring nuts into it! 

Comments

• Okay found the Wiki stuff.  It does need updating on the bonsai seeds other than that its solid.
    So are there two directions of each Bonsai?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Okay found the Wiki stuff.  It does need updating on the bonsai seeds other than that its solid.
    So are there two directions of each Bonsai?
    Yes the Bonsai plants have 2 directions.

And you can make colors.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I knew about colored plants and the rare colors from solen quest.  However I understood colored bonsai were a glitch? I have some the colored bonsai seeds yellow and blue.

edited April 2022
    Can still make them by crossing things with prickly pears but its random.  Can get color Spider Trees, Hops, Bonsai.

They kept the bug in by popular demand but if you do not have all the colors of prickly pears you wont get those now.
  • Oh WOW!!!  Thank you!  I'll have to see what prickly pears I have, cool!

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    At the bottom of https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/plant-growing/colored-peculiar-plants/ it lists the bonsai's that you can get from cross pollination.  The table is wrong to list just pink and plain because you get colored bonsai as well. If you cross pollinate a blue cactus with a yellow snake plant you will get a uncommon green bonsai. @Mariah you might want to update the table.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Most illuminating, thanks!
    Here are what the cactus + snake cross pollinations look like:

First row: red, yellow, blue, plain
    Second row: bright red, bright yellow, bright blue
    Third row: green, orange, purple
    Forth row: bright green, bright orange, bright purple
    Here are some other bonsai
    cactus x barrel

cactus x elephant ear

cactus x palm

cactus x pampas grass

cactus x water plant

spider tree x prickly pear

spider tree x tri-barrel

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited April 2022
    There is a misunderstanding here. The table gives the bonsai types created in the cross, not the resulting colours. I will attempt to clarify the information, but it is not incorrect.
    Neat @TimSt I thought they were random.  I forgot about the tribarrel cactus, it also can get the colors.
  • Is there any info on crossing flowering cactus with bonsai? So far it is the only plant I've found that makes bonsai seeds when crossed with bonsai. Yet it seems to change the type of bonsai made. I recently had one white and two black bonsai seed-makers, and each time a flowering cactus was the mother or father plant. Different bonsai were used, yet both black bonsai are the same.

Is there any info on crossing flowering cactus with bonsai? So far it is the only plant I've found that makes bonsai seeds when crossed with bonsai. Yet it seems to change the type of bonsai made. I recently had one white and two black bonsai seed-makers, and each time a flowering cactus was the mother or father plant. Different bonsai were used, yet both black bonsai are the same.

Look a couple of posts up.  Tim shows you every type of bonsai. Black and white are from the rare chance you get from cross breeding?  Or from Naturalist quest.
    @Pawain The white and black bonsai were from cross breeding. Before switching over to produce green thorns I was in the middle of doing cross breeding to get white and black seeds for the other bonsai types.
    edited April 2023
    TimSt said:
    @ Pawain The white and black bonsai were from cross breeding. Before switching over to produce green thorns I was in the middle of doing cross breeding to get white and black seeds for the other bonsai types.
    OK that's what I thought.  I know you can get a lot of Black and White types from the quest but I don't think you can get the Bonzais from the quest.