Damn VS

DamadarDamadar Posts: 10
i regularly log in at 3am - 5am gmt on europa. Vendor search does not work..... Doesnt matter what i search, doesnt matter how specific the search is, just doesnt work. How am i supposed to use this piece of garbage? I need to price check, i wanna buy things.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “You need to post exactly what you searched for and what filters you used
    saying it doesn’t work is not enough info.

(I am not having any problems with it)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Yoshi said:
    “You need to post exactly what you searched for and what filters you used
    saying it doesn’t work is not enough info.

(I am not having any problems with it)”
    I used to work on Hospital equipment.  The users would bring up the equipment and put them in our hallway.  The most common note was "Broken".  Sometimes that was good enough if the equipment did one thing  like a flowmeter or a defibrillator.  But if it did 20 things it was difficult to figure out which part was "broken".  My most common way to fix things that were mechanical was to take it apart and put it back together. That fixed most of those.  Which meant I really did not do anything to make it work again.
    Would be nice if VS could be fixed by just looking at it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 797
    The UO team should be able to see all the query data-- e.g. what queries users are executing, and which are timing out, and for what reason(s).  This is a case where log data should help direct, if that's really part of the problem/solution.

I see VS time out on multiple shards with hyper specific search criteria, like:
    Equipment: tunic/chest + SDI 5 (no other terms).

Sometimes the query results popup minutes later at inconvenient times.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It didn't work for me the other day today it's fine...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,305
    Worked last night sometimes slowly and other times really fast.  Kind of like playing the lottery.  Try it when you take a break from whatever you are doing.  It’s usually up at some point during the night.