Newsletter 13 is out

PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
edited March 2022 in General Discussions
https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/nls-newsletter-13

Very interesting reward slots for the Dungeon.  If these have good stats we may be changing some items.

Does someone recognize that Dungeon?

It was originally misspelled Frey  should have been Fey.

So make fey slayers @McDougle  

Another Medusa version boss for the Spawn.

No hint at those rewards.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• See what happens when the UO gods know I'm quitting. They come out with new plants and birdhouses.....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited March 2022
    @Kyronix ; that Bird house should be a rabbit house.  How we gonna come up with 30 more stable slots?

Looks Fun!  Thanks 
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Pawain said:

Very interesting reward slots for the Dungeon.  If these have good stats we may be changing some items.

So make fey slayers @ McDougle  
    It looks like the entrance to Destard.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    KHAN said:
    Pawain said:

So make fey slayers @ McDougle  
    It looks like the entrance to Destard.
    I thought so but that has no Fey.  Cant wait for Popps to meet a Super Paragon Ancient Wyrm!
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    In Corp Mani Xen might be a Fey Slayer Talisman. Save you making Fey Slayers.
    -Arroth
    edited March 2022
    Typically you put dragon slayer on cold weapons. I made those for the Julia quest.

Have to see the  exact foes when it comes out.

Will these cuddly bunnies be murder bunnies??

Just guessing:
    Destard will have its normal stuff plus maybe other mob types.
    The spawn will have Fey for the spawn mobs.

Fey spawn can be nasty.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    It's Destard...the one I thought it was going to be.

Side by Side comparison in game vs. newsletter.

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Maybe fairy dragons?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I need to make sure everyone understands we have a restriction and can not receive emails that come from a hotmail account.  If you are emailing us from that type of email please understand we are not ignoring you, we are not getting those emails. Please change your email and email us back.

*shrug* they get my hotmails" 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Looks like someone else is writing the newsletter now.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Merus said:
    Maybe fairy dragons?
    Aren't the mobs for despicable quivers in the back of destard kind of fey-like?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    you are confusing Destard and Despise @Urge The quivers are from Despise. Destard is full of dragon-kind.
    edited March 2022
    Urge said:
    Merus said:
    Maybe fairy dragons?
    They are in Despise.   They do have wisp companion.  But the men do not have a known slayer. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Mariah said:
    you are confusing Destard and Despise @ Urge The quivers are from Despise. Destard is full of dragon-kind.
    Why yes i did. Thanks for the correction. I haven't been in either in quite some years. 
  • CodyCody Posts: 30
    sweet... new events and items... nothing to be updating with Pvp/combat. Ill just continue to run around in towns with no one there to get more war horses for the next few years I guess.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:
    Merus said:
    Maybe fairy dragons?
    They are in Despise.   They do have wisp companion.  But the men do not have a known slayer. 
    I was thinking the fairy dragons in the abyss outside Stygian Dragon lair.
    edited March 2022
    Merus said:
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:
    Merus said:
    Maybe fairy dragons?
    I was thinking the fairy dragons in the abyss outside Stygian Dragon lair.
    Right but I was replying to Urge. I was telling him where the Quiver guys were.

Fairy Dragons are dragons not fey.... Don't ask me why.

Which brings up Karma.  Will these Fey creatures reduce our Karma as we kill them?
    The fey group in Blackthorns is not an easy group to fight.

Will they insta attack Negative Karma toons?  Sampires  :D

I can picture them running away from the spawn dragging 400 Mobs for me to kill with an area spell.
    This has the potential to be fun in soooo many ways!
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I also have to say that everything in there about NL sounds REALLY AWESOME!  I  cannot wait! 

The crafting menu's look really nice, the way resources are gathered I wish they would put into live! Maybe they will if it works out well!

Super excited about NL!!!

• Nails_WarsteinNails_Warstein Posts: 127
    edited March 2022
    I got 16 active accounts, all signed up for the newsletter, and as of this past September, I stopped getting them.  No I don't have a hotmail account, but GoDaddy did turn over the email services to Office 365, and I have to pay for it.  If that's the reason, when will this be fixed?
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Also didn't receive the newsletter, using gmail.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Last month mine was flagged as spam by gmail, so scroll through and check that folder. Gmail must have done it by algorithm, because i know i didnt click spam.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It bothers me that the team would rather delete players homes instead of moving a bridge... homes that must have been legal when placed some there for decades...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  •   

How about equip able musical instruments? 
    We would have to consider the best implementation of this idea were we to do it.  Are you whacking something over the head with a lute?  Bashing them with a harp?  Poking them with a drum stick?  Instruments as weapons might be a tall order, but perhaps as an accessory slung over the back like the quiver could work.  Stay tuned!  

Instrument as a weapon?  I got one word: BAGPIPES!  Especially played out of tune. O.o****
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    There is only one type, so I hope it's for warrior and Cameo quality.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  •   

How about equip able musical instruments? 
    We would have to consider the best implementation of this idea were we to do it.  Are you whacking something over the head with a lute?  Bashing them with a harp?  Poking them with a drum stick?  Instruments as weapons might be a tall order, but perhaps as an accessory slung over the back like the quiver could work.  Stay tuned!  

Instrument as a weapon?  I got one word: BAGPIPES!  Especially played out of tune. O.o****
    I've been trying to wrap my head around why this request is so complicated.  Granted I am not a game designer or developer, but we now equip candles, lanterns, torches, bottles, and now orbs... none of these things are used as weapons.  I would have thought they could make art that fits in the left hand like a shield, and could have similar properties to a shield.  These would be magic musical instruments.  Instead of a full size drum, the drum could be a hand drum, the tambourine would be the easiest, a small lyre can replace the harp, and a lute would look natural along the side with a strap.  Sorry not the best photo-shopper.

• Basically every feature I've seen them discuss for NL would make a lot more sense on the regular shards, which I point out again already exist, and these are no exception.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited March 2022
    Seth said:
    The Ribbon of Valor might also be a tali, maybe Dragon Slayer? Destard is the dungeon opposing the virtue Valor. Destard and a Dragon Slayer tali would go well together.

Hmm, maybe Fey and Draconic mix?

Oh, please let there be paragon renegade changelings...the whining, the whining will be magnificent.

Also:
    In Corp Mani Xen = Cause Death Life Creature

No idea what that means, but there ya go. (Pretty sure it's Fey Slayer, but I've been way wrong many times before.)
    -Arroth
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2022
    Seth said:
    The Ribbon of Valor might also be a tali, maybe Dragon Slayer? Destard is the dungeon opposing the virtue Valor. Destard and a Dragon Slayer tali would go well together.

Hmm, maybe Fey and Draconic mix?

Oh, please let there be paragon renegade changelings...the whining, the whining will be magnificent.

Also:
    In Corp Mani Xen = Cause Death Life Creature

No idea what that means, but there ya go. (Pretty sure it's Fey Slayer, but I've been way wrong many times before.)
    I also believe it's a Fey Slayer but would only be useful if it is as good/similar if not better than Cameo. 

I forgot, slayer talisman does not work for mages. Since it's an event, I hope it's non-shard bound Fey Cameo at the price of 50 minor arties. 

>:) 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    I always get a kick outta the CS actions... Staff impersonation.... LMFAO

Finally, here are the CS actions for the month of February:

2 - Abuse of game mechanics 
    5 - Solicitation 
    71-  Macroing 
    79 - Multiboxing
    3 - Disruptive Behavior
    1 - Physical Harassment