Could we please get Craftable LOBSTER TRAPS ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,937
edited February 2022 in General Discussions
Perhaps, they would take Tinker, Carpenter and Fisherman skills with the peculiarity that, the higher the fishing skill when crafting them, the "stronger" the Traps would be and, thus, be capable to less likely be lost as well as be capable to hold more crustaceans and to more likely get Rare or Legendary Crustaceans because crafted by a skilled Fisherman....

According to https://www.uoguide.com/Lobster_Trap
Note that at each **bob**, the chance to lose the trap, as well as the chance to catch a Rare or Legendary crustacean, goes up. A trap can only hold up to 5 crustaceans. After ten **bobs**, the chance to lose the trap is about 50%. 
For example, if crafted with 100 Fisherman skill, a Trap might be made able to hold up to 6 crustaceans, with a 15% lower chance to loose the Trap and a 15% higher chance to catch a Rare or Legendary Crustacean as compared to a purchased Lobster Trap.

If crafted with a 105 Fisherman skill, these numbers would become up to 7 Crustaceans, 20% lower chance to loose the Trap, and 20% higher chance to catch a Rare or Legendary Crustacean.
At 110 Fisherman skill, these figures would become 7, 25% and 25%, at 115 Fisherman skill 8, 35%, 35% and, finally, at 120 Fisherman skill the Trap would be able to hold up to 12 Crustaceans, and have a 50% lower chance to be lost and a 50% higher chance to catch a Rare or Legendary Crustaceans.

The Developers could then play out with the ingredients necessary to craft these Traps, in order to make them more or less common as wanted.

The recipe to craft these Lobster Traps, could be a new Reward from the Fishmonger Quests....

It would help making 120 Fisherman skill a good thing to have....

Comments

• What a waste of time, just buy them you tight arse.

And STOP thinking of stupid crap to ask stupid questions about. NEVER have I heard anyone ask about that and I have several 120 fishers.  

Please STOP pretending to be the voice of the players, You are not.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    But what if perhaps these new traps could hold bods and possibly even measure the effect luck might have in various situations could this not in fact be a win win win scenario at least that's the way i see it 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    edited February 2022
    May I ask, if you have nothing to contribute to the thread but personal attacks, to withhold from posting?

Let only those UO players really interested in the topic post about it.

Thanks.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 904
    edited February 2022
    As above I have TWO 120 fishers and I have a further 2 GM fishers, so I AM interested in fishing. What you are asking for is stupid. You can BUY the traps at the floating emporium, as I am sure you well know. The question is though, why do you spend so much time filling these forums with useless topics and requests?

There is no point in what you are asking here and the small dev team have more important things to do 

Why can't YOU buy them like everyone else???????????????

So you just bounce from skill to skill and then create stupid posts. Just look at howe many get locked??????? 

This is not your personal asking ad forum Popps, but you persist in endless questions, then debate to death and argue with anyone who dares to disagree with you.

When you have killed all interest in fishing what skill are you thinking of debating to death next?  Please try forensics, or taste ID. Go for it lets see what you can think up on these skills, or Camping, yeah Popps, CAMPING!!! knock yourself out

• popps said:
    May I ask, if you have nothing to contribute to the thread but personal attacks, to withhold from posting?

Let only those UO players really interested in the topic post about it.

Thanks.
    Not a personal attack, you are asking stupids questions. I for one think you are trolling the boards. Maybe YOU should stop, give us all a break...............
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    I would not be in favor of crafting lobster traps. You can buy 999 from the vendor and literally drop them in the bank 2 steps away to drop them in a BOD. 

I'd much rather DEVs spend the time coding something like a new reward for dynamic events or the black sea market or clean up rewards.
  • keven2002 said:
    I would not be in favor of crafting lobster traps. You can buy 999 from the vendor and literally drop them in the bank 2 steps away to drop them in a BOD. 

I'd much rather DEVs spend the time coding something like a new reward for dynamic events or the black sea market or clean up rewards.
    indeed

• @Mariah , could you please create an "ideas and suggestions" forum for threads like this. or add it to Customer service, either way it may help you and @Rorschach keep from having to clean and or lock so many of these threads that devolve into a troll-fest. It would help keep me from being tempted to post something that'll get me in trouble. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• @ Mariah , could you please create an "ideas and suggestions" forum for threads like this. or add it to Customer service, either way it may help you and @ Rorschach keep from having to clean and or lock so many of these threads that devolve into a troll-fest. It would help keep me from being tempted to post something that'll get me in trouble. 
    great idea, will save me as well :)
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    To Answer Popps question "

Could we please get Craftable LOBSTER TRAPS ?"

NO! I HATE having to mix and match skills to make one item. I DO NOT want to waste a 120 fishing on my crafter to make ONE item. Esp one we can buy cheaply in BULK. (You know that if they implement this change they would most likely (esp with my luck) also remove them from vendors.) I do not want to spend 20 minutes stoning skills and switching toons to make my fisher a crafter so my crafter doesn't eat a 120 fishing.
    @ Mariah , could you please create an "ideas and suggestions" forum for threads like this. or add it to Customer service, either way it may help you and @ Rorschach keep from having to clean and or lock so many of these threads that devolve into a troll-fest. It would help keep me from being tempted to post something that'll get me in trouble. 

I third this!

I try not to comment on these post but I love fishing - most of what I do is fishing. (Bods is the rest.) There are a few things about fishing that need to change - like making the traps stack when emptied like the potion bottles do - Popps suggestion is NOT one of the things that ever needs to happen.

And as with every popps post - IBTL!

• poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    edited February 2022
    keven2002 said:

Marge said:

NO! I HATE having to mix and match skills to make one item. I DO NOT want to waste a 120 fishing on my crafter to make ONE item. Esp one we can buy cheaply in BULK. (You know that if they implement this change they would most likely (esp with my luck) also remove them from vendors.) I do not want to spend 20 minutes stoning skills and switching toons to make my fisher a crafter so my crafter doesn't eat a 120 fishing.

But, the craftable ones, would not be the same as those purchaseable..... they would be enhanced ones with a better performance and better results...

So, 2 entirely different things.

Like, for example, a Minor Magic piece of armor and a Legendary Artifact piece of armor with the Minor Magic piece of armor being the purchaseable Lobster Trap, and the Legendary Artifact piece of Armor being the 120 Fisherman Craftable Lobster Trap....

Just like we have different armor with different performances, I do not see why Fishermen could not likewise have different Lobster Traps offering different performances....

As in regards to Marge's concern about having to also raise Fishing on her Crafter, may I remember the existance of Soulstones ?

Just stone Fishing off your Fisherman, and pick it up on your crafter and "voila'", you would be able to craft Lobsters' Traps without the need to have to raise Fishing again on your crafter....
  • Stop arguing.  Nobody but you wants this 

Mariah please lock this nonsense. Once again Popps speaking for himself only and NOT for the players 

IBTL 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:

Marge said:

But, the craftable ones, would not be the same as those purchaseable..... they would be enhanced ones with a better performance and better results...

So, 2 entirely different things.

Like, for example, a Minor Magic piece of armor and a Legendary Artifact piece of armor with the Minor Magic piece of armor being the purchaseable Lobster Trap, and the Legendary Artifact piece of Armor being the 120 Fisherman Craftable Lobster Trap....

Just like we have different armor with different performances, I do not see why Fishermen could not likewise have different Lobster Traps offering different performances....

As in regards to Marge's concern about having to also raise Fishing on her Crafter, may I remember the existance of Soulstones ?

Just stone Fishing off your Fisherman, and pick it up on your crafter and "voila'", you would be able to craft Lobsters' Traps without the need to have to raise Fishing again on your crafter....
    Hard to put 120 fishing on a crafter...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Please stop responding to threads that are just click bait debates. The best option is to simply stop reading these sort of posts. Challenge yourself to not add to the view count.
This discussion has been closed.