Reward input for next Events.

2»

Comments

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    keven2002 said:
    @ KHAN - I'm not disagreeing with your thoughts but rather than the Devs going back to tweak something (especially with the BOD books where Mesanna has already said No), this is a chance for a reward that isn't going to break the game (or be considered Power Creep) and would be a perfect quality of life item they could offer for a limited time.

I would get at least 5 of these (depending on their price) for all the BOD books and spellbooks I have currently in my house (a full set of slayer spellbooks is 35+ items alone)
    I get it. But my understanding is that, on the BOD books, Mesanna said no just because she "wanted" to. Not because there was any reason not to change the BOD books. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • I'd enjoy if the rewards considered gargoyles for once as more than an after thought or a joke.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited February 2022
    I'd enjoy if the rewards considered gargoyles for once as more than an after thought or a joke.
    100%. I actually asked Kyronix about that on TC1. He's open to making Garg specific rewards so please make some suggestions.

My suggestion for Gargs (which I stated earlier in this thread) would be Gargoyle earrings (no human version would be avail) that would mimic the stats of the balron chest but perhaps add like 5% SSI or 5% HCI or 20% HLD etc since there really isn't much strong headgear for Gargs (and they can't use things like the Yukio Earrings or the 10% HCI earrings due to all the lost stats they would suffer to use them).
  • Gargs at this point are so backlogged with missing and meme artifacts, who knows where to start.  

The problem is exemplified with events like this.  Say they put out a banging piece of armor.  Ok well it's great, we'll make a human and garg version.  Ok but the garg version is inherently gimped because of their slots.  A few resists don't make up for essentially a missing piece of armor and a dried up well of viable artifacts they can use.  And if they made an actually good gargoyle specific item or a much greater garg version to cover their holes, these forums would ignite with the fury of those that can't use it on their cookie cutter human/elf samps and tamers. 

Kinda rock and hard place
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:
    I'd enjoy if the rewards considered gargoyles for once as more than an after thought or a joke.
    100%. I actually asked Kyronix about that on TC1. He's open to making Garg specific rewards so please make some suggestions.

My suggestion for Gargs (which I stated earlier in this thread) would be Gargoyle earrings (no human version would be avail) that would mimic the stats of the balron chest but perhaps add like 5% SSI or 5% HCI or 20% HLD etc since there really isn't much strong headgear for Gargs (and they can't use things like the Yukio Earrings or the 10% HCI earrings due to all the lost stats they would suffer to use them).
    We don't even need new ones just fix the old ones so they work for gargoyles case in point yukio earrings 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:

We don't even need new ones just fix the old ones so they work for gargoyles case in point yukio earrings 

They were told it was a poorly thought out idea, put it live anyhow without any alteration.  Then it was so great and loved they did it again with more earrings.  Think best that can be asked for is along the lines of "I hope they remember to at the least make an equivalent garg version of the new power creep items".
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited February 2022
    *Looks at my cloth, leather, stone, and metal sets of Gargoyle armor from the last 4 dungeons, Fellowship, and Blackthorn* 
    Wonders if I am the best player in UO since Gargoyles are so disadvantaged. And I'm using my imbuer that I stick macing on.

Also glad those 5 throwing Gargs are not getting all the EM drops after all.

Thanks for the info guys.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    KHAN said:
    On a side note there is ZERO reason @ Mesanna can't have the bod books changed to, say, 500 bods=1 lockdown. Like the rest of the similiar "containers". All I have heard her say was NO! I have NEVER heard a valid reason for not doing so! Along with the fact that probably EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME would be for it! @ Mesanna @ Bleak @ Kyronix Is it possible to relook at that?????
    I totally, entirely agree.

People play games to have FUN and, I do not find it fun AT ALL to have to put up multiple Vendors only to hold BOD books AND, quite an important detail, each time that I need to access those BOD books from the MULTIPLE Vendors holding them because of storage space shortage, to have to remember to hit the escape key so as not to have the BOD book inadvertedly be placed up for sale on that Vendor for peanuts.... which, it has happened to many players, unfortunately....

Dear @Mesanna , Designers should Design game mechanics so that players can ENJOY their time playing them, and not get frustrated because of mechanics like this, which prevent players to be able to store their BOD books more easily and handily....

The Bulk Order Deeds mechanics as it has been Designed, demands , to my opinion, for players to have to collect tons upon tons of BODs to get those Larges and the smalls to fill them, which they need for the rewards that they want/need to get.

The banking of BODs points ? They are so low, that turning in BODs for bank points is totally inefficient and ineffective, to my opinion.

Yet, UO Designers have Designed BODs in a way that players have to collect them by the tons and, yet, they insist on not wanting to permit Bulk Order Deeds books collecting 500 BODs to count as 1 item rather then the 100 they do now...

Totally inexplicable to me, and frustrating very much, as a UO player.... it takes quite a lot of the fun away which it does not make sense " if " the Design of a game should be intended for players to have FUN and not get frustrated by Designed mechanics....

That's at least the way that I see it.
    popps said:
    KHAN said:
    On a side note there is ZERO reason @ Mesanna can't have the bod books changed to, say, 500 bods=1 lockdown. Like the rest of the similiar "containers". All I have heard her say was NO! I have NEVER heard a valid reason for not doing so! Along with the fact that probably EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME would be for it! @ Mesanna @ Bleak @ Kyronix Is it possible to relook at that?????

People play games to have FUN and, I do not find it fun AT ALL to have to put up multiple Vendors only to hold BOD books AND, quite an important detail, each time that I need to access those BOD books from the MULTIPLE Vendors holding them because of storage space shortage, to have to remember to hit the escape key so as not to have the BOD book inadvertedly be placed up for sale on that Vendor for peanuts.... which, it has happened to many players, unfortunately....

Dear @ Mesanna , Designers should Design game mechanics so that players can ENJOY their time playing them, and not get frustrated because of mechanics like this, which prevent players to be able to store their BOD books more easily and handily....

The Bulk Order Deeds mechanics as it has been Designed, demands , to my opinion, for players to have to collect tons upon tons of BODs to get those Larges and the smalls to fill them, which they need for the rewards that they want/need to get.

The banking of BODs points ? They are so low, that turning in BODs for bank points is totally inefficient and ineffective, to my opinion.

Yet, UO Designers have Designed BODs in a way that players have to collect them by the tons and, yet, they insist on not wanting to permit Bulk Order Deeds books collecting 500 BODs to count as 1 item rather then the 100 they do now...

Totally inexplicable to me, and frustrating very much, as a UO player.... it takes quite a lot of the fun away which it does not make sense " if " the Design of a game should be intended for players to have FUN and not get frustrated by Designed mechanics....

Do you even collect BODS? They don't count 100 BODS per 1 item as you stated! They count as FIVE BODS per 1 items count. JEEZ!!!! :(
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    KHAN said:
    popps said:
    KHAN said:

Dear @ Mesanna , Designers should Design game mechanics so that players can ENJOY their time playing them, and not get frustrated because of mechanics like this, which prevent players to be able to store their BOD books more easily and handily....

Do you even collect BODS? They don't count 100 BODS per 1 item as you stated! They count as FIVE BODS per 1 items count. JEEZ!!!! :(
    I meant 100 for a 500 FULL BOD book....

A Bulk Order Deed Book holds 500 BODs, right ?

If 5 BODs could for 1 item, THEN, a 500 BODs containing book counts as 100 items.

THIS, is what I meant.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    LMAO I have 76 full BOD Vendors @popps and it costs very LITTLE gold to maintain them.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    @popps the Devs have told you to stop collecting junk.  Use the BODs. Why do players just keep them while some players have to spend months making BODs for Artisan festivals.

@AmberWitch ; Will gladly distribute those excess BODs to elves who will fill them.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    popps said:
    KHAN said:
    popps said:
    KHAN said:

I meant 100 for a 500 FULL BOD book....

A Bulk Order Deed Book holds 500 BODs, right ?

If 5 BODs could for 1 item, THEN, a 500 BODs containing book counts as 100 items.

THIS, is what I meant.
    LOL, um, OK.
  • RoxoRoxo Posts: 32
    Riner said:
    Some other rewards which would be nice to see return - 

First Aid Belt

Cowl Of the Mace & Shield recipe

Mage's Hood of Scholarly Insight Recipe

Elegant Collar of Fortune Recipe

Crimson Mace Belt Recipe

Crimson Sword Belt Recipe

Crimson Dagger Belt Recipe

As a crafter it bothers me that I have no way to obtain these recipes so would be a nice add. 

These are obtainable in game as High Seas drops: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-high-seas/
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    sorry, t
    Roxo said:
    Riner said:

First Aid Belt

Crimson Mace Belt Recipe

As a crafter it bothers me that I have no way to obtain these recipes so would be a nice add. 

These are obtainable in game as High Seas drops: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-high-seas/

Sorry, that's incorrect. The drops from high seas are mace belt, not crimson mace belt, elegant collar, not elegant collar of fortune. etc. They're the plain, no property, clothing items.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Roxo said:
    Riner said:

First Aid Belt

Crimson Mace Belt Recipe

Good call. I think I'd rather see these go in as rewards for BODs given they are more crafter related (aside from First Aid Belt).
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    It seems that the game stopped "growing" a while back. All new items are event based. Existing players who missed them due to real life has to pay inflated prices to get them. And add shard bound, the item becomes auction grade. Not so smart.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    UO put a lot of work into the nautical playset that many of my fellow Pirates have enjoyed for years now. Merely tossing an extra reward onto the BUCs pirate NPC whenever a new event cycle begins would be much appreciated.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Hippo said:
    UO put a lot of work into the nautical playset that many of my fellow Pirates have enjoyed for years now. Merely tossing an extra reward onto the BUCs pirate NPC whenever a new event cycle begins would be much appreciated.
    Aye 100% I play 99.9% of time on the seas IF they added items to black market corresponding to current Dungeon I would stay on my boat on crowded shards this could help greatly with over crowding... 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...