Underwater Boss

The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
edited February 2022 in General Discussions
So a fix is put in for underwater boss encounter and it's not listed in the patch notes.   How many times are things gonna be fixed without public knowledge that it was done??  The gating of players in as well as getting pets down there has been going on for a decade.  Why all of sudden this patch it becomes a problem?  Why are EJ players even allowed down there in the first place?  Just fix the real issues and let paid players get what they deserve.  @Kyronix @Bleak

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Like I said in another thread, bug/exploit fixes are usually not put into patch notes so people don't have time to come up with  a work around before it goes live.

When that quest was put in, pets were not allowed down there...so the fact that people cheated their way in there was never supposed to happen. Now it works as it was intended to work and tamers will have to get the crabs that are down there.

• Umm the patch is live.  If the supposed bug was fixed then why is it not posted publicly.  Why was it ok for 10 YEARS, but NOT OK now?  I dont understand how things are being done by the team.  Its like playing a game for fun is against TOS!!!
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2022
    " @The_Higgs_1 after reading both of your posts on this thread, i am not understanding the problem you're having. What is the issue? they fixed an exploit and it broke something?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    So a fix is put in for underwater boss encounter and it's not listed in the patch notes.   How many times are things gonna be fixed without public knowledge that it was done??  The gating of players in as well as getting pets down there has been going on for a decade.  Why all of sudden this patch it becomes a problem?  Why are EJ players even allowed down there in the first place?  Just fix the real issues and let paid players get what they deserve.  @ Kyronix @ Bleak
    It was in the notes.  They said some mob AI were improved.  Shadow Lord got smarter with his entry.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yes Yoshi, they finally fixed an exploit and people aren't happy they can't cheat anymore.

• Question is why now?  Either they knew about this for a long time and didnt fix it or the devs dont play the game and have no idea what happens in UO?  This team created High Seas expansion in what 2010-2012, yet didnt know people were gating into it since then?  I smell a rat
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited February 2022
    Question is why now?  Either they knew about this for a long time and didnt fix it or the devs dont play the game and have no idea what happens in UO?  This team created High Seas expansion in what 2010-2012, yet didnt know people were gating into it since then?  I smell a rat
    WOW You bitch when they DO NOT fix bugs/exploits and now you are bitching that they did fix a bug/exploit.  How many old bugs/exploits are still in the game and no they CAN NOT all be magically fixed overnight.  We have what one designer and one programmer keeping a 24 year old plate of spaghetti alive so you can still log in.
  • Being that you have been able to gate in people since its inception and only today you cannot.  I would argue that its broken now not before.  How is it something that this dev team added to the game was broken for 10+ years without being either tested or reported or just fixed within a a year of its creation?  Time could be spent creating new content or fixing pvp or other things that actually matter to the games health and economy.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited February 2022
    tldr: "legit player" unhappy his exploit was fixed.
    maybe idk do the quest on all your chrs?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2022
    "You don’t think fixing an exploit that was creating 500+ Capped out legendaries every 30 mins helps the economy?
    Hmm
    are you suggesting you used this exploit?
    if so be thankful your account is not banned
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • FYi, i have quest done on all my chars i take down, cause without quest you cant key it to start it.
  • you think fixing this bug is gonna stop people from farming UWB?   LOLOLOL
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Fixes for exploits are not typically advertised ahead of time to the exploiters. I think this topic can now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.