ALACRITY scrolls for Spellcasters : Is it possible to have their Timer increased ?

2»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    Work arounds, are what they are, work arounds....

That is, not intended ways to reach a goal found by players in order to alleviate the issues created by shortcomings in the game's Design.

The fact that there might be "alternate" ways which players, over the Years may have thought up to "work around" obstacles created by Design shortcomings, should not mean, at least to my opinion, that that shortcoming Design should not be rectified, wherever possible.

This, especially for new players who, often, might not immediately find those "work arounds" unless being introduced to them by veteran players who sometimes might be open to help, other times they might not be...

Regardless, though, the Design of the game, to my opinion, should not rely on work arounds and "good" players willing to help others but should have balanced out mechanics on its own, to my thinking.

So, that there might be "work arounds" for spellcasters (and Tamers, for that matter) to get around issues with Alacrity scrolls' downtimes due to how those skills function, does not mean that Alacrity scrolls should not be "customized" to whatever skill they are intended for.

At least, that is how I see it.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,117
    You can buy the new player package and get a week of fast skills gains for you and anyone in your party as long as you remain close to them.  Also has other neat items.

It uses game mechanics like you requested. Not a work around.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    No amount of facts will matter here folks....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    WOW I guess we all used work arounds before these scrolls entered the game.  Now how on earth did popps ever get anything done when there was only work arounds.

Dexers need to walk around hunting so maybe the timer should only work when actively killing something and lets not talk about Bards having to hunt things wasting time

Every skill has draw backs and it is so funny that as long as these scrolls have been in game now that popps decided to make a spellcaster that it is a problem

@Mariah this thread is a waste of brain cells trying to explain something to someone who only wants to argue and whine please lock it.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,314
    Seems like a lot of discussion for one of the easiest templates to raise.  Basic mage, magery, eval. intel., meditation and resist spells.  Depending on how often you play only takes about week to grand master.  Magery, eval and meditation all raise at the same time when you hit any monster with a spell (and so will focus if you have it).  If you attack a spell caster so will resist. spells.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Arnold7 said:
    Seems like a lot of discussion for one of the easiest templates to raise.  Basic mage, magery, eval. intel., meditation and resist spells.  Depending on how often you play only takes about week to grand master.  Magery, eval and meditation all raise at the same time when you hit any monster with a spell (and so will focus if you have it).  If you attack a spell caster so will resist. spells.
    Well you would think that until you consider the OP.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    I think the general feeling is this 'debate' has gone on long enough?
This discussion has been closed.