Development of map applocation aiming to succeseed UOAM and UOC

I do not understand the treatment of 3rd party program here, so I'm sorry if it is inappropriate content

I succeeded UOAM and UOC where development and publication were stopped, and I am making a map application aiming to exceed these.

I am aiming to be approved as an official tool.
I think that there are people who like it surely.

If you have comments please e-mail to lakueth [@] yahoo.co.jp.

--------

"uovmc" (UO2D, UOSA Cartographer) is a map application that can track the coordinates of UO clients, and can grasp widely the nearby facilities, terrain, etc.
This application, developed as a successor to UOAM and UOC, where publication and development are suspended, can not be used for any write action (write, change, action) to the client and can be used without relying on any tool .
It corresponds to both UO2D and UOSA client standards.
You can grasp and share positions very accurately and very fast.
It corresponds to Japanese and English.
I am applying for this application, but it is an informal tool now.

[Point of uovmc]

● UO2D, UOSA can track coordinates by itself without auxiliary tools or special settings

● Do not perform write action (rewriting or operation) at all on the program side and the operation side to the client
(However, it does not guarantee the security of the account pertaining to use completely because it is not obtained permission of official recognition)

● Because almost all figures including most drawings are computed on their own (* native language), they are strong in real-time nature, fast and fast in reaction (using semi-transparent display may be delayed)

● When you start up the client at the same time, all are tracked in real time and displayed (up to 10)

● When installing UOSA client is found, map data of drawing is read directly from there, so it will not take time and effort to convert and generate intermediate files every time updating (in case of UO 2D only Conversion occurs)

● When launching from client.exe or UOSA.exe, uovmc can also be used with non-administrator privileges (Administrator authority is required to start from uo.exe or uopatch.exe)

● Reproduce the traditional UI that allows you to drag the screen, move the viewing area of the map up and down, left and right. Also zoom from 0.1 times to 32 times with mouse wheel

● Since you can freely change the rotation angle (minimum 1 ° unit), it is safe for people saying "Map can not be read if traveling direction is up!"

● Since drawing processing is not performed unless the display contents are changed due to the movement of coordinates, the load is minimized

● Very fast and accurate real-time location network sharing

● Multiple temporary markers can be typed and can be deleted arbitrarily (for example, nearest SOS)

● open the current coordinates on the map on the vm site

● Several options as desktop accessories that are hard to get in the way, such as hiding the window as you move the mouse over the map

● It is digitally signed

● If you copy the .map file used in UOAM or UOC to the same folder, you can use it as it is

The first site of the beta version is released on the following site.
https://uovm.info/vmc/

Thank you
veterinary meister
Tagged:

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    I use the enhanced client (EC) and have been quite satisfied with its mapping functionality.  What would your app offer to EC users?
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2018
    Rock, currently a third party application map (UOC) is required for guilds to know the position of their guildmates. EC users may know where guild member are however people on classic client need to know where enhanced client guild members are so both EC and CC users connect to the third party map. (mainly pvp guilds do this)

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited July 2018
    do you still require a third party to host a server for everyone to connect to?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• >I use the enhanced client (EC) and have been quite satisfied with its mapping functionality.  What would your app offer to EC users?

In the story of a friend who uses the EC Client, it seems that the map is accurate (the image is sharp in tile units).
    Even if you use it simultaneously with the UO2D client etc., both positions will be displayed.
    When you activate multiple UOSA (EC) clients, you can grasp all the positions at the same time.

Both UO2D and UOSA players can share their location on the network.

On the contrary, if you can say that it can be done with EC client Map and can not be done with uovmc, what we can deal with will correspond.

Thank you.

>Mervyn

thank you for your comment.

When asking a friend who is playing PvP, it was faster and more accurate than the map tool so far, so it was evaluated as being able to grasp in tile unit in real time.

veterinary meister
  • >do you still require a third party to host a server for everyone to connect to?

Currently it is designed to communicate among private groups that are fast in regional Ping.

Because we do not know at the moment whether the number of users will increase as we prepare a large and comprehensive server.

We will consider development as necessary in the future.

Because I can easily use UPnP, about half of people can be on the host side.
    veterinary meister
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    So I use Automap to do SOSs which requires me to use UOAssist (with or without it being active) so what benefit would your program give me?  UoC and UOAM are stand alone programs and I get the idea that I need your server to run your program and do SOSs, how is that better that UOAM or UoC?
    Bilbo, you actually need someone to host a server to connect to friends using uoam and uoc. He’s saying it’s faster update times and will work with more than one client at a time which would be nice, I’ll give it a try. 

I am asking if I need to connect to his server to use it to get SOSs or will it work as a stand alone like UOAM & UoC.
  • >Bilbo
    Do you want the function to easily mark the SOS point?
    I'll think about it.
    uovmc is standalone and does not depend on any tools.

SOS is fishing, is not it?
    Or is it UOAM's panic function?
    Of course, the former can be made possible by stand alone.

Connecting to the server is only when you want to share it with other members and act.
    Besides, as servers are built by themselves, they will not be accessed to suspicious places.

veterinary meister
  • I wrote out all the conditions for uovmc to access the network.

Look at the Network of Q & A
    https://uovm.info/vmc/

veterinary meister
    I put in 100 SOS locations at a time using UOAM and if there is no way to mark locations then IMHO your map is totally useless other than tracking others in PvP or group efforts.

• >I put in 100 SOS locations at a time using UOAM and if there is no way to mark locations then IMHO your map is totally useless other than tracking others in PvP or group efforts.

Thank you for your precious opinion.
    I made sextant input function at version 0b3 Beta 3, so You can use it.

You can enter the SOS coordinates there and push "Add Temporary marker" where you can move to the screen, you can register it as 100, 1000 or more.
    If you want to register the remainder even if you close the program, you can use "Add / Edit User Label".

----------

[version 0b3 Beta3 / 2018/07/09]
     ○ The UOSA client fixes the problem that the login account name will be on uovmc as a character name during login.
     ○ Fixed a bug that Trammel had become Felucca in map conversion of UO2D. (Please erase facet**.2d file and reconvert)
     ○ Added Treasure Hant View, a mode for displaying according to the measure of the treasure hunt map at UO2D, UOSA clients.
     ○ The angle of rotation can be changed by right clicking on the arrow on the upper right.
     ○ The size and position of the map display area are prevented from fluctuating when the window is displayed at the front.
     ○ For SOS etc., it is possible to move coordinates by entering coordinates in a Sextant form.
     ○ Added joker function and car navigation gate view that are displayed so that the direction of travel is always above.

veterinary meister
    So I can't preload 100 SOSs at a time I have to enter 1, go do it then enter another one and go do it and enter another one and go do it, if this is in fact what you are saying then your map is totally useless for anything other than tracking people.  UOAM, UoC and UOA will be around forever.
  • I do not feel disadvantageous that UOA, UOAM, UOC will continue.
    My application has surpassed them in many respects, and if hope comes out, functions will be added to the extent possible.

Although it is a question, when you use UOA, UOAM, UOC, is 100 SOS registered at the same time?
    I have never heard of such a function and I will consider a method to reproduce if you can tell me what action to take.

The activity I do is not hostile to UOA, UOAM, UOC, but to halt development and to help users who are troubled with these virused application(UOA).

And please understand that I do not get any benefit by developing this application.

If you do not like my application by all means, you do not have to use it, and I will tell you that there is no disadvantage to me by not using it.

I hope that you will receive a constructive opinion not only denying next.
    veterinary meister
  • demo movie on Version 0b3 Rev.2 Beta3

veterinary meister
  • >So I can't preload 100 SOSs at a time I have to enter 1
    I asked a question in the community, but it seems that such functions are not found in UOA, UOAM, UOC.
    What are you premising on?

Are you just wanting to say the hope that you want to add that kind of functionality?
    veterinary meister
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    When marking sunken ships from SoS messages on the map, in uoam and uoc the player creates way points at the location given in the message.

• Is it like a function to automatically register open SOS?

Although you can attach markers by specifying Sextant coordinates at the present time, I do not understand what the function of registering 100 SOS at a time.

------------

[version 0b3 Rev.1 & Rev.2 Beta3 / 2018/07/09]
     ○ Fixed a bug that if you put a .map file other than common.map or user.map in a folder, it will be reset rather than added, and only the last loaded item will be hidden.
     ○ Fixed a problem that some of the display disappears when you delete the temporary marker under certain conditions.
     ○ Fixed a problem that all icon types could not be selected by label editing.

[version 0b4 Beta4 / 2018/07/10]
     ○ Changed to show distance (number of tiles) from the current position to all temporary markers.
     ○ Added a function to display the line for the closest marker.
     ○ 【Important】 Fixed a bug that the menu string did not correctly refer to English when the OS was a locale other than Japanese.
    veterinary meister
    have you ever used UOAM because it does not sound like it.  I can enter 1, 100 or more locations into UOAM and have them display on the map and then sail my ship to those locations and fish up that chest and delete it from the list.  By doing this I am not running around the world doing one SOS at a time.  Have you ever done SOSs.  Do you know what UOAM can and can not do?  How can you say your program is going to be better and want people to use it when you do not know what the other programs do or how people are going to use it.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    why so aggreesive Bilbo? You might have noticed that this guy is not a native English speaker, so cut him some slack when he has trouble understanding what you're referring to. What he's trying to provide is a functioning map tool that will combine the best features of both UOAM and UOC and the best thing about it would be that he is actually actively developing it, and that alone makes it better than any of the other map programs.
    edited July 2018
    The problem is that he appears to have zero clue what the other map programs can do or what a SOS is but yet he wants me/us to use his program saying it is better than UOAM and UoC.  How can you claim that when you do not know what the other guy can do.  He is trying to sell me a product and it is his/hers job to make us understand not us to give excuses for his product.  I am so glad that you are willing to so much blind faith in someone that you have no clue who they are.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    haha bit of a poor comparison, he's not asking for money. Also this thing is in beta state. You could have simply explained in simple words, what you expect the program to do instead of being rude and basically telling him he has no clue and his program is rubbish (have you even tested it for yourself?).
    Basically what I'm saying is how about you ty to be constructive and help the guy improve his program so we all end up with a better program than we have had so far that has actual support.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator

Is it like a function to automatically register open SOS?

Although you can attach markers by specifying Sextant coordinates at the present time, I do not understand what the function of registering 100 SOS at a time.

To the best of my knowledge, no it does not automatically register the SoS, and I think your 'add/edit user label' function is exactly what UOAM has.
    If this is also how the creator of UOC was treated, I can guess why development was discontinued. 

• > [Bilbo]
    > have you ever used UOAM because it does not sound like it ....
    Yes. UOAM is on hand and I am making it for reference.
    But as you say, UOA and UOAM do not have a way to open 100 SOS at the same time and register them all at once.
    You said that registering one by one for my function update is useless at all.
    I think that it is possible to register only one UOAM, but is there a function to create a place where you can describe multiple lines of Sextant and you can register your marker at a stretch Can you respond to your request?

And many times, I have never told you to stop using development such as UOAM just by offering these alternative alternatives that I ceased developing.

You can use whichever you like and you are free to use either.

Also, you asked if you used UOAM, did you say after actually trying my application?
    If you do not try it please do it in practice and request the shortfall as a request.

I apologize if I give you a misunderstanding, but I am spending time and effort on development with good faith and free of charge, thinking that UOAM and UOC have stopped and can help users in need. Never, I do not mean you to "Please use this place without fail".
    Please think in reverse. What benefits do you have for me as you have my application used?

I'm sure you like UOAM and UOC and you can not keep calm for the newcomers who want to act instead.

Sorry for brief talk because English is not native.

Thank you.

> To the best of my knowledge, no it does not register it the SoS, and I think you 'add / edit user label' function is exactly what UOAM has.

Thank you very much. I was wondering, but this resolved the doubt.

veterinary meister
  • >If this is also how the creator of UOC was treated, I can guess why development was discontinued.

I do not quite understand why it is attacked so far to provide functions free of charge for the user, but it may be that kind of thing.

I thought that it was better to approach in many places in order to be recognized, but since only noise is conspicuous, I am considering limiting it only to direct support such as e-mail.

I do not know why I claim only rights.

veterinary meister
  • Where I feel regrettable,
    "Okay, then will you add such a feature too?"

Not rather

"Such a thing is not useful for anything, why should I use such a thing?"

It is only the way that you can speak.

Let's propose the function of the thread feeling easily by this. It is not something that everyone should do better.

That's a shame.
    I will not earn money by this and I do not want to stand out.
    I just want to do what I can if I have troubled people.

It is not my intention to understand it, but my hope is to be able to talk about productive and constructive story.
    veterinary meister
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    People can become defensive and aggressive when something new ''threatens'' what they are familiar with by claiming to be better in any way.

Do not let this discourage you.

People are free to keep using the old tools if they wish - until they stop working. But there are people who will support you for wanting to build on and improve what has already been done. This is good for UO. Good luck!

• Thank you.
    My motivation will not be gone completely if there are people like you.

Before I write here, I heard that UOC was officially approved at the UOSS Forum, so I posted on it, but I did not understand or try to see, try and understand without reading my sentences There were about 2 digits to pull unknown complaints.

I was almost not treated as a human being, and it was asserted as a malicious behavior (acting as a criminal act) without any basis.

Why UOC was accredited why the development was stopped probably was crushed by such unspeakable Kramer.
    Perhaps it will be obstructing or harassing me against me by all means in the future. That possibility will be quite high.

I thought that UO official recognition might be aimed again, I thought that I was able to produce something of good quality, but I can not predict that they will get so strange, I wonder what went wrong I tried but it did not understand.

I am striving to think that it will be for the player, but my treatment is so bad that I am considering removing the English notation as well.

I am also approaching whether I can be accredited by e-mail etc, but I have not received any reply from a single line even if I did so far, so did not my effort come true?

At least my acquaintance is pleased that much, that is saving.
    It was really nice to have someone who admits like you.

--------

[version 0b5 / 2018/07/11]
     ○ Changed to be able to specify self color (your character and pointer color).
     ○ Update location sharing
      ・ The set self color was applied.
      ・ Fixed various disadvantages caused by disconnection and connection.
      ・ Fixed a problem that the display of the player who closed the client will remain.
      ・ Fixed a problem that crash occurs when the guest disconnects or terminates the program after the host first disconnects.
      ・ Changed so that when the host side or guest side disconnects, state change is correctly reflected on the screen. However, when a failure or the like occurs and forced disconnection occurs, the timing remains until the timing at which transmission / reception occurs.
      ・ Reduced time to reflect (approximately doubled, up to about 0.05 seconds) by coordination adjustment from actual movement to transmission
     ○ Press key P to change panic declaration. Multiple people can be declared and shared. You can also specify a hot key.
      When the panic declaration appears, the following display will be added.
      ・ List up on who is panicking on the upper left. (In my case it is surrounded by parentheses)
      ・ The screen is surrounded by red lines.
      ・ The line up to the person who is presenting the panic is displayed.
     ○ Change key so that you can attach [DEAD] at the beginning of the name by pressing key D. This information will be shared.
     ○ Login logout display with location sharing
      ・ When a new login of the client (the character name of the window changes), the name [Login] in green is displayed in the upper left for 30 seconds.
      ・ If logout is not detected but the client is terminated, [Logout] name is displayed in green on the upper left for 30 seconds.
      ・ When someone of the guests is disconnected, all the guest's names are displayed as logout.
     ○ Fixed a bug that sometimes the first facet was not correctly applied when starting multiple clients and logging in with another client.
     ○ Added a button that allows you to add markers directly to the coordinates you specified consecutively, without closing to sextantial input once.

veterinary meister
  • KelKel Posts: 8
    Tranquilllo, I'd like to chime in on this as well. Following what you've said, I do not think it is fair to be so rude and harsh to you. You're just trying to help further the community through developing new tools that have the opportunity to be better than the older, unsupported tools. 

My take on it is that those using UOAM, UOC, etc., are afraid of change and are taking UOVMC at face value. They look at what UOVMC can do right now and see it as inferior even though it is in beta and you have the ability to add more features to match or surpass UOAM and UOC. Hopefully some users continue to provide constructive criticism and useful suggestions that help you in making UOVMC a newer, better alternative to those older tools.

Try not to let peoples' ignorance discourage you from what you're doing. Very few people are able and willing to go out of their way and create good third party tools for UO, especially CC. We need that in this community. 

I myself, and those with a head on their shoulders, appreciate everything you're doing. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.