Vanity pets do not res with bandages.

PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
Luna LS.  

Says not enough skill.

Did Mervyn not allow this to be implemented?  @Kyronix
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2018
    I signed off on this one actually, if you read the patch notes it says you can do it in consensual pvp areas. (Meaning it should work in Trammel)

i am unable to enter trammel to test.

if it only works in fel, then they really messed it up. It should only work in tram. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Also, should only work if the pet remains at 1 slot. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Tested with a 16th anniversary horse.
    Failed at: Compassion (ilsh) Makoto, Umbra, Royal City, Eodon gate, Magincia (Fel) succeeded at Yew (Tram).  It only works actually on the Trammel facet.

edited July 2018
    So this is actually bugged, it’s supposed to work in malas, ilsh, eodon too. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mariah said:
    Tested with a 16th anniversary horse.
    Failed at: Compassion (ilsh) Makoto, Umbra, Royal City, Eodon gate, Magincia (Fel) succeeded at Yew (Tram).  It only works actually on the Trammel facet.

Would be nice if you could res it at a fight.  I have a Charger with my windrunner.  But Tram works after the fight.  As long as the pet does not go wild while you still are playing while it is a ghost..
    edited July 2018
    What do you mean at a fight sorry? You mean in fel? That would undermine vvv war horses. If people could res vanity pets in fel, there would be no reason to join vvv. Hence the whole reason you can only res them in tram...

A fight in non fel.  I have a charger  It dont die.  But it makes me nervous for the dead pet to walk so slowly away from me and not stay around while I finish playing.  I have already lost a Windrunner.
    Dead pets walking slowly is a seperate issue. It was raised at a meet and greet. 

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2022
    "have discovered an issue with vanity mounts
    Vanity mounts can now be rezzed without veterinary or animal lore skill when in consensual-PvP rulesets.

I cannot publish the issue here as it would be bad for the game if people found out, so will raise an official closed bug report, however will leave this post here as a placeholder for the bug report raised"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited September 2022
    "i have reported associated expoliot 2 times and is still active, i will continue to abuse myself until fixed, and maybe some close friends"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    You are abusing game mechanics the devs specifically put in the game?

You get no "bad boy" points for that.
    edited September 2022
    "well you don't know what the exploit is so...okay, i have not published"
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Is really an issue?? I know I don't care if you can rez your pet with some trick again this is something that effects only pvpers with possible implications damaging to the majority or the pvmers
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    "I use this unpublished bug for event now, have reported 2 times (not detailed here)"
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    "I use this unpublished bug for event now, have reported 2 times (not detailed here)"
    I recommend paging on yourself next time 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited October 2022
    “ I tell you what 
    since I have reported the issue 2 times and I am still able to do this then i can only conclude that it is a feature that is working as intended so I will share for all to enjoy during this deceit event and every other trammel thing:

pub 100
    Vanity mounts can now be rezzed without veterinary or animal lore skill when in consensual-PvP rulesets. 

So it turns out that Chief Paroxysmus Swamp Dragon even though gives 12% protection against mobs is apparently classed as a 
    Vanity mount

@Mariah please correct that wiki https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/vanity-mounts/

edited October 2022
    Oh my, UO is ruined, players can res their green pickles. I see why you want this to be a bug, pet killer.

Have you tried the sakkaran bird of prey?
    Yoshi said:
    “ I tell you what 
    since I have reported the issue 2 times and I am still able to do this then i can only conclude that it is a feature that is working as intended so I will share for all to enjoy during this deceit event and every other trammel thing:

pub 100

So it turns out that Chief Paroxysmus Swamp Dragon even though gives 12% protection against mobs is apparently classed as a 
    Vanity mount

@ Mariah please correct that wiki https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/vanity-mounts/

I will attempt to confirm this, if correct, that would imply that the grizzled mare must also be included in the vanity pet page.
    edited October 2022
    "Grizzled mare not a problem, is a vanity mount.

why not make my 5 slot wildfire ostard vanity mount too while they are at it

why even use english words, just put in random words,
    mounts can now be rezzed without veterinary or animal lore skill when in consensual-PvP rulesets. "

edited July 2023
    " @Mariah , a dev confirmed this is okay?
    obviousely no prob with Grizzled mare, but paroxysmus is not vanity
    or we are just listing my published exploits as features now and placing them in the wiki?

Vanity:
    meaning
    1. excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements.
    2. the quality of being worthless or futile.

Paroxysmus give damage reduction, is not vanity.

Cos i got a duping exploit you can put in wiki too if you want"

Mariah said:

I will attempt to confirm this,

"who confirmed this was working as intended please?"
    Yoshi said:
    Mariah said:

I will attempt to confirm this,

"who confirmed this was working as intended please?"
    They give less reduction than a swamp dragon, therefore vanity, showing off your pet type even tho it is lesser than another type. Your own definition proves it.
    edited July 2023
    "ah okay i can give my my bane dragon only 115 focus instead of 120 and res without vet? cos then it will be vanity okay thanks"
    edited July 2023
    A Paroxy Dragon was the first vanity pet by that definition. It  proved you did something special or you were rich and had money to blow on a deco pet.

Similar to wearing a valorite plate suit or using a valorite Dragon barding.  Was a way to show off back in the day.

Your Bane Dragon example is too ridiculous to warrant a serious reply.
    "swamp dragon, (even one without dragon barding deed that gives 0 damage reduction) not vanity pet"
    1. Does it come as a statue and instant bond?
    2. Can it be ressed with bandages by non-tamers?
    If the answer to both those questions is 'yes' then it is a vanity mount by Dev's definition, which in this instance overrules the dictionary definition.

edited July 2023
    "okay, so what about my wildfire ostard? it comes from statue that insta bond.
    and vollem held in crystal statuette
    and triton

the bug on the dragon is it should not be able to be ressed without vet

question, have you actually checked with a dev to see if you're supposed to be able to res paroxysmus? or you trying to make up rules that suit you?

That is like me reporting a bug to say:
    nerve strike debuff don't show,

and you replying saying:
    1 is there a debuff?
    no therefor not a debuff... or something like that

you don't get to decide what is bug, or you would just say everything working as intended unless it don't suit you

you only added dragon to wiki after i raise bug report"
    You told me to put it in.
    @ Mariah please correct that wiki https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/vanity-mounts/

I confirmed your claim that the swampy could be rezed by non-tamer owners, so I put it in.

I can't win can I?  I'm damned if I don't take your word for changes that need making and I'm damned if I do?

Wildfire Ostard is irrelevant, because it can't be owned by non-tamers, likewise Triton. Vollems are in a crystal, not a statue, so don't have the same coding.

edited July 2023
    "you confirmed bug, is what you did

I obviously said to put in wiki as was being facetious

just check with dev, dev will prob just say working as intended anyway as much easier for them to do nothing about it"