EA Store Down and Idocs - Please pause the Housing Server

@Mesanna @Kyronix ;@Mariah

you can go to uo.com main page and click EA Store and you will see that you cant buy anything Ultima Online related. so How about pause the House servers to prevent more houses to go Idoc, since no one can pay for the accounts. just a suggestion.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Because if houses are in decay status now, it means they haven't paid for 90 days. Has nothing to do with the current page downtime.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited June 2023
    Even EA must be able to sort this out in 90 days? hmmm

I am just thinking of the delay in revenue, 1 of my accts timed out last week, my second next few days so that £80 from just me alone they are not getting.......... Glad the game is so rich that this isn't a priority to them
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    It is fairly pointless tagging me in this I'm afraid. I'm only the forum mod, there's nothing I can do that hasn't already been done, as evidenced by @JackFlashUk 's post https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/93402/#Comment_93402

• AlexAlex Posts: 23
    well, @Mariah but you have a better/faster way to send the message to Mesanna than us.
    How many people dont have access to forum and have no idea what is happening.
    I know 2 guys that lost their houses last week, because they couldn't pay, cant add credit card and cant buy Game Time Codes, so this is a serious situation.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "if this goes on for a few months longer, i hope nobody resorts to buying GTC from third party sellers.

That would be the ultimate hypocricy from all the people who said you don't have to use 3rd party client"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Mesanna is aware, its an EA issue not Broadsword 
    Alex said:
    well, @ Mariah but you have a better/faster way to send the message to Mesanna than us.
    How many people dont have access to forum and have no idea what is happening.
    I know 2 guys that lost their houses last week, because they couldn't pay, cant add credit card and cant buy Game Time Codes, so this is a serious situation.
    AS Garth has clearly said, that problem is nothing to do with the current 500 error code issue on the EA site now. Whatever happened to the "guys" is over 90 days old or they messed up house ownership. The codes ran out just last week and EA need to produce more
    you telling me that EA ran out of ALL products UO related? at the same time?
    edited June 2023
    Alex said:
    no, it happened after a period of 2 weeks, that lead to panic buying. typical human behaviour,  EA will generate more codes and fix whatever server issues they have
    A 500 internal server error is, as the name implies, a general problem with the website's server. More than likely, this means there's an issue or temporary glitch with the website's programming

also, you cant add a credit card either!   so there is nothing to do with "produce more codes"
    Alex said:
    no, it happened after a period of 2 weeks, that lead to panic buying. typical human behaviour,  EA will generate more code and fix whatever server issues they have

and besides all that, dont you think an official answer on uo.com is needed?  do you think everyone check forums?
    Alex said:
    Alex said:
    no, it happened after a period of 2 weeks, that lead to panic buying. typical human behaviour,  EA will generate more code and fix whatever server issues they have

and besides all that, dont you think an official answer on uo.com is needed?  do you think everyone check forums?
    I agree with you on this point 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Why pause housing servers if entering a credit card works just fine?

Not trying to be rude but I've never had much compassion for people hogging houses on accounts that are never played. 
    Yoshi said:
    "if this goes on for a few months longer, i hope nobody resorts to buying GTC from third party sellers.

That would be the ultimate hypocricy from all the people who said you don't have to use 3rd party client"

I got a dm from one here saying he/she/they still had a stock of codes. Lol. 
    Urge said:

Adding CC is not working either!!
  • ChriusChrius Posts: 7
    For w/e reason, the 6 month time worked for me...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "they don't want our stinking money,
    no matter how hard we try and give it to them"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Urge said:
    Yoshi said:

I got a dm from one here saying he/she/they still had a stock of codes. Lol. 
    I got the same thing from an account that had no posts and was freshly created.  "I can still buy codes if you need them" with a price list.  LOL
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

CODES ARE WORKING
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited June 2023
    Because if houses are in decay status now, it means they haven't paid for 90 days. Has nothing to do with the current page downtime.

Yes, so what?

Please point to ANY official Rule that says that it is mandatory for an Account to stay active every month.

The IDOC timer is 90 days AS BY RULES?

OK, so I DEMAND to be able to reactivate an Account at day 89 without risking to lose a House because "the Managment" takes ONE WHOLE WEEK to resolve GTCs issues (and still NOT AN OFFICIAL PEEP of apology!)

edited June 2023
    Urge said:

Not trying to be rude but I've never had much compassion for people hogging houses on accounts that are never played. 

Typical "tunnel vision" mentality of an ATL denizen!

ALL the Low Pop Servers have land for hundreds of 18x18, so of what "hogging" are you speaking of?

And beside this, buying 1 Month GTCs every 3 months or so for keeping form IDOC Houses of "storage" Accounts are anyway MORE money for BS that CLOSING that Accounts.
    Ivenor said:

OK, so I DEMAND to be able to reactivate an Account at day 89 without risking to lose a House because "the Managment" takes ONE WHOLE WEEK to resolve GTCs issues (and still NOT AN OFFICIAL PEEP of apology!)

Once again it was an EA issue not “the management“

good luck with getting an apology from EA 

Ivenor said:

Once again it was an EA issue not “the management“

good luck with getting an apology from EA 

I beg to differ.

If I buy anything in a shop, my interface is in the first place with the shop management/support, not with the company that own the shop.

In any case, even if the final blame is of EA (and I agree on this, let's be clear), this don't justify a week+ of BS TOTAL SILENCE on the issue either here on the UO official Forum or on the UO.com page.
    This has been 3+ months of off and on issues. I'll be one of the first in line to bag on the team for slacking but in this case we've all already been told and you're wrong. 

12.png 108.2K
    edited June 2023
    Urge said:
    This has been 3+ months of off and on issues. I'll be one of the first in line to bag on the team for slacking but in this case we've all already been told and you're wrong. 

1) There have never been till now 1 WHOLE WEEK+ of TOTAL blackout (as you surely know it was IMPOSSIBLE to add CC too);

2) From FEBRUARY to today there was NO News whorty to "be passed along" to the PAYING CUSTOMERS? Hard to believe.

I find every time really funny to see how many PAYING CUSTOMERS come out in similar occasions the defend, whitout "but" or "if", the "Management".

Maybe we should add to the "Stockholm Syndrome" a new variation: the "Britanna Syndrome"? :D
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Just do auto pay every 6 months, problem solved.
    edited June 2023

Why should I?

Beacuse a bunch of members of the "Britannia Karens Players Guild" have decided that this is the ONLY way I should be allowed to play, even if the OFFICIAL TOS of UO gives other alternatives?

Nope.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited June 2023
    You could buy the codes in advance just in case something happens. Like a fire in Canada that turns the NE into a hellish red color.

But ya, it was down too long.  Should have been up by Tuesday.  Too many posters say when they call EA, the customer service does not know what UO is.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Ivenor said:

Why should I?

Beacuse a bunch of members of the "Britannia Karens Players Guild" have decided that this is the ONLY way I should be allowed to play, even if the OFFICIAL TOS of UO gives other alternatives?

Nope.

Then by all means, lets instead change the game for everyone based on how YOU PLAY !!!
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
This discussion has been closed.