Davies' locker : is there a way to sort them by coordinates ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited May 2023 in General Discussions
Perhaps, using Pinco ?

Or, since I saw several mods posted recently on this Forum for the Enhanced Client, perhaps someone might come up with a mod that could sort treasure maps within a Davies' Locker by coordinates, so as to have all maps at the moreless same spawn location be grabbed without having to look at any single one of them 500 in a locker ?

Thanks !

Comments

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited May 2023
    "Thanks!"

lol love it, like you think or expect anyone to actually to do this for you  :D
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited May 2023
    Or perhaps, like most others you could set up some runic atlases with recall points across the lands  so you can quickly get from chest to chest? or would that be too much hassle for you? 

You could even dye the atlases for each facet. 

Nope, not doing that......

As alway, sit on your arse and expect everyone else to do the work for you........
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Or perhaps, like most others you could set up some runic atlases with recall points across the lands  so you can quickly get from chest to chest? or would that be too much hassle for you? 

You could even dye the atlases for each facet. 

Nope, not doing that......

As alway, sit on your arse and expect everyone else to do the work for you........
    The only facet's you really need runes for are Malas and Termur, the rest have all the different portal items to get you close. I have about 8 runes for Malas and I can get anywhere with a 20 second sprint usually. Been playing this game so long that I can look at the map and and group them by region just by the pic. but back to the topic, I personally do not see the need for this, Dev time could be better spent fixing the more critical bugs in the game. 

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Pops, some of us are actually willing to do the legwork ourselves. This is one shot of one book, I have 12 of these so far, just started working on them last week..

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    And as a side topic, does anyone remember when you could actually farm tmaps ? And i dont mean the level 2s inside Doom, but you could actually farm them killing things like Blood Elms etc. I spent 2 hours last night killing balrons which are supposed to drop Tmaps fairly regularly....for my efforts...I got 1 map.....one.....uno.......thanks Devs.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Miasma, The Hag Quest  and farming paragon chest off the Daemons in the Ilsh Blood Dungeon and yes the Doom Dark Guardians are the only fairly consistent way to farm them that I have found for the last several years.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Would be a lot less work if I could click on the map and get the chest right from the Davis' Locker please!
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited May 2023
    Would be helpful if the locker could sort maps by location.  Currently, depending on the level, I will take out a dozen or so and sort them by sight.  My treasure hunter has one rune book for Trammel and one for Fel.  I have a runic atlas that has maybe a half dozen runes for locations in Tel Mur and Tok.  To be honest I only use the table coordinates for chests in the southern jungles.  Everywhere else where there are easy to see landmarks I just use those to locate the chest.  Mostly I like the chest because the stored maps don’t count against my inventory.

During the four years I have been playing have never had much luck farming maps from monsters.  Get them occasionally.  For hoard maps, if you can pick the lock on her chest you get occasionally as loot, the scorpion, Miasma in the laberyth dungeon is probably the best farming option.
     I know this is going to sound extreme and very hard to do but........ Scroll through the davies write down the coords as you take the maps in the same general area and organize them in order of you coord list in a container inside your pack and go dig them up..  Now if you are a recent product of the public education system and can't write, you can type the coord list in word or note pad and it works the same as pen and paper :)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I can't believe I missed the whole Liver King saga.  :'(
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I use EC with a modified UO Auto map, when I take maps out of the locker I don't care where they are because it doesn't matter. I have spots all over Sosaria marked on the map that correspond with my runebooks. I grab 10 maps, recall to all of them and dig them up , then return one at a time to empty them, it's fairly effortless but the reward leaves little to be desired.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Tyrath said:
     I know this is going to sound extreme and very hard to do but........ Scroll through the davies write down the coords as you take the maps in the same general area and organize them in order of you coord list in a container inside your pack and go dig them up..  Now if you are a recent product of the public education system and can't write, you can type the coord list in word or note pad and it works the same as pen and paper :)
    Of course that, eventually, one can come up with a work around....

I happen to think, though, that computers and software where invented to actually "help" people to get their things done more easily, faster....

Now, wounldn't the ability to "sort" treasure Maps by location be in line with the concept of having computers and software to help out users ?

Just wondering....
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    We're lucky to even get what we get. Idk why people are still expecting more from this version. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Remember this is UO.  Jewelry boxes can’t sort either.  Maybe the same person created both.  Not really sure UO has any sorting ability. UO incorporated video game programming not spreadsheet programing.  Don’t disagree with your logic about what computers can and should be able to do just saying UO does not have the logic built into it’s programing to do that.  I am fine with the current system.  I have my Tram and Fel runes marked NN, NW, NE and so on around the compass.  It’s easy enough to look at the treasure map and then pick a rune to get near there.  With hoard and trove maps I mark another rune once am at the location as it usually takes several trips for me to get everything I want from the chest.  I just keep remarking the same rune over and over again for each chest I dig.  That the method that works for me.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Unfortunately there is no DaviesLocker.lua file for EC mod-ers such as myself to modify to add a search or filter capacity. Personally I would love to increase the size of the font used and filter on facet and level.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    TimSt said:
    Unfortunately there is no DaviesLocker.lua file for EC mod-ers such as myself to modify to add a search or filter capacity. Personally I would love to increase the size of the font used and filter on facet and level.

Haven't really looked at this, but the following may work:

One could parse the locker gump pages 999102, and add a function that drops a map within a radius of a given coordinate.  Sorting may not be necessary.

Jewelry box gump 999143 could be done the same way (for searching, etc).
    So I was going to chime in and bad mouth tmap distribution because I farmed a few Doom maps, 50 in total, and they were all Supply/Stash...no cache as advertised so I guess that was part of the unnecessary nerf (that's another topic). So being disgruntled I was prepared to do those chests and then make note of how poorly the chance of getting a Tmap level bump as loot...so I did maybe 5 of those maps, and on the 5th one I got a cache inside it, so I proceeded to do that map and inside that one were (2) hoards LOL...this game is so infuriating..

Oh and forgot Skull Rugs for farming maps. Slowly replacing my hoard of them as accts in the nothing better to pick age ranges hit their picks. 20 Skull Rugs filled up with Maps give a good amount of Cache Maps. Just be sure to put the Rugs down on the facet you want the maps to be on. Fel/Tram/Termur/Malas/Tokuno .