Vendor search?

Did a quick search for a mythic token and auction results were shown with prices on a non auction search.

I got excited thinking it was a new update but no other searches i did showed auction prices.

Would make a great feature for the near future!

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    YES
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    I like the concept but how would it handle the price? I'm not familiar with the auction safe workings.

• usernameusername Posts: 687
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    username said:

I missed this but yes totally agree to move it to a feature.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Urge said:
    username said:

I missed this but yes totally agree to move it to a feature.
    As long as it shows the buyout price and not a price you can not get the item for.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I think all they would need to do is to allow you to uncheck the auction/non auction item filter.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Vendor search was the worst thing to ever happen to UO....imo.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    I love it.  It is efficient.  I don't have to rifle through empty vendors to find what I want.  It creates competition.  
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Only if you were a Luna circle house owner. The vast majority of those are RMT players anyways. 
    Oh I use it myself, to the point that I tend to depend on it, and it's not dependable.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited May 2023
    Would REALLY be nice for the owner of the auction safe to see who purchased the item instead of A******. If any devs are looking for a quick QOL job.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    “Why?”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Why not?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    "Joe" bought it now how many Joes are in all of UO considering Shard Shields.  Totally useless information.
    edited May 2023
    I have wanted this on vendors forever.  But, I see one downside.  You mismark an item at its cost or 0. Someone comes and buys it.  The player sees the name and causes drama telling others that the buyer ripped him off.  Rather not have a drama maker.
    Here's my take on VS from my recent use of it, it's pretty lame. I needed some cannons so I did a search for Carronade....up popped 7 results, each one was a container of 7 so I thought cool I'll go buy all 7...there weren't 7, there was a 1, but it was displayed 7 times. This is lazy coding.

“Think you’re being a bit harsh there, there were 7, 
    Let us say the container contained 2 carronades and 5 carrots. What would you like VS to display?”
    edited June 2023
    I would expect to find 14 carronades and 35 carrots. 7 sets of 7 as was displayed to me

edited June 2023
    “hmm, I’m not really understanding.
    It told you there were 7 items in the container on the search menu?”
    There were 7 containers listed, each had 7 items inside, all with the same price, all said Trammel, so I only created a single map thinking they were all the same vendor...there was only 1 set. Bought it, returned home, did a search again, found nothing.

edited June 2023
    “Right, but did the search menu say 7 items in the container?
    I checked and it doesn’t give a container item count on the menu. 
    And if it did, your argument wouldn’t stand up as container could’ve contained other items.
    you searched for an item, it advised you there were 7 items, you got 7 items.

if devs do something wrong I will be first to point it out but i found no fault with the logic”
    “Let me put it another way.
    if 3 carronades were in 1 container, and 4 other carronades were in 4 other separate containers. 
    You should still expect to have 7 carronades presented in the menu. (And do).

it’s all good to me, I really can’t find any fault”
    edited June 2023
    If you want to get that technical, then honestly it should have displayed 1 bag with 7 items in it (which was found by searching for Carronade..and then 6 individual Carronades, all with no price, because they're in a bag. VS is misleading, I've purchased multiple containers before, and it always does it this way, which it shouldn't. If 2 separate vendors each have 3 containers for sale with 5 identical items inside each one, and you do a search for that item, VS will return 30 of that item, and each display will show a container with the price...in reality only 6 are actually available for sale...

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited June 2023
    That container business is the way vendor search works but don’t recall it telling you how much or what else is in the container.  Just separate listings for the container and each thing that is in there. I usually list what is in the container in the seller’s description area.  For example, contains 10 counterfeit eggs.
    edited June 2023
    “Right, but like I said what if all the items in the bag were not carronades?
    also you’ll then I’m sure be complaining why vs is giving you results for items with no price..

let us say they were in containers with different prices, how you going to know which items pertain to which price? especially if each container also contained other items.

the way it works now is logically flawless.

you searched for carronades, it presented you with 7 carronades with a container price (didn’t tell you in the menu how many items in the container) 
    you bought 7 carronades, and a container with an undisclosed number of items in,

there is no other way to do this”
    edited June 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “Right, but like I said what if all the items in the bag were not carronades?
    also you’ll then I’m sure be complaining why vs is giving you results for items with no price..

let us say they were in containers with different prices, how you going to know which items pertain to which price? especially if each container also contained other items.

the way it works now is logically flawless.

you searched for carronades, it presented you with 7 carronades with a container price (didn’t tell you in the menu how many items in the container) 
    you bought 7 carronades, and a container with an undisclosed number of items in,

there is no other way to do this”

Yes, there is....only show 1 container, not 7. The container is what's for sale, or how about this, show me 7 carronades...THAT I could accept.

edited June 2023
    “Sigh
    okay let us say it showed you one container, you want it to display 7 objects?
    what if there are 8 objects in the container?
    say you’re buying copper runic, and you see container 3 copper runic for 25 mill, you think that is expensive for 3 copper runic, but container contains 3 of all runics.

you’re not accounting for every scenario at all.

If did show you 7 carronades, and correctly told you the container price, these in this instance happened to all be in the same container, but they could not have been”
    Ok, last comment....I did a search for Carronade...VS returned with 7 displayed containers, all priced at 35k....I created a single map, went to the location, and only found 1 container for sale at 35k, so I bought it, thinking the other 6 were on someone elses vendor. Got back home, did a search...nothing found...VS showed me 7 containers because there were 7 carronades inside a single container, and the only way it knows how to display them is by showing them all inside containers, which is misleading....

edited June 2023
    “So you’re complaining about missing 6 empty containers?
    or you thought the first container you bought had 6 extra carronades in that were unlisted on VS?

i actually don’t think VS showed you that container/s at all, it instead just said container price but showed you the items, not the container/s

they literally could not have coded it any more perfectly and flawlessly”
    Sounds weird. When you find a nice piece of armor that is in a container that is part of a suit, you do not see 7 bags. If you see any.