I would really like everyone's thoughts on this.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves,and then I'll add my thoughts based on the interest and thoughts of others.

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Bards work harder?  Why the great difference in trade orders?  Is the money roughly equal because one does the runs and the other due to donations? 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The top photo is from Atlantic, the 2nd is Lake Austin.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    The top photo is from Atlantic, the 2nd is Lake Austin.
    So the Atlantic people buy thier buffs while LA people work for it?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “People used to bot the trade runs 23/7 stealthed to get the fc1 gorget. 
    I don’t think they do it anymore as it has no value”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    This person has been running this trade script for over a year. If anyone here would like to convince me that 1500 trade runs per day is totally doable by hand, I'll listen, I'll laugh until I drop dead when you're finished, but I"ll listen.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited May 2023
    The Brit one on LS:

:D 

With Krampus you'd think there would be more.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited May 2023
    “On Atlantic they used to run in fel, like 4 or 5 chars hidden in magincia town, could always hear snipping of tailoring or something, and then one would lay a boat going from magincia to ocllo , 

ofcourse I couldn’t help but wait on the route in the sea with a red and blow it up with cannon. 

Seemed like a very sophisticated system they had, the corpses would be jam packed with tailoring stuff and those gold statue rewards

but the Russian guy paid me off with an 18x18 house “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited May 2023
    This person has been running this trade script for over a year. If anyone here would like to convince me that 1500 trade runs per day is totally doable by hand, I'll listen, I'll laugh until I drop dead when you're finished, but I"ll listen.
    If scripts have been used, though, it is impressive what these scripts can do....

I mean, a script would need to handle the chance of any type of material being asked for the trade order, know in which exact location in that town to buy that material/quantity asked by the trade order, and then have the ability to master all of the walking necessary to get to the NPC that sells those particular item(s) as well as to the destination Trade Minister to deliver the Trade Order to, dodging whatever ambush might happen on the way, since, while on a Trade Order, one may not recall, gate or sacred journey......

That is quite an impressive script to handle even if one also always starts in the same Town to limit the number of NPCs locations to include in the script to buy materials from....
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    I'll let the pictures speak for themselves,and then I'll add my thoughts based on the interest and thoughts of others.

I like it when nerds assume everyone is a nerd, nerd out dude cowabunga
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630

I have reported the same person a few times. The first time the individual was running it visible. I did stop them and they talked, said they have to feed their children somehow. Yeah. After being reported they went into llama form and continue to run the gauntlet invisible. I got curious as to how they could do the runs so quickly and tried doing them as fast as they did them. All I can say is I cannot do them as quickly as they do even with purchasing the required items outside the walls of the building.They run around being blocked. No, it wasn't me that blocked them. I'm not at liberty to say who did.

When I first noticed this a year ago I made a post asking what the real life situation of running scripts being allowed is. That generated a lot of input from players but no response from anyone that could give a knowledgeable answer. Having reported it, an apparent lack of response from those that can make a difference, seeing that it's being allowed along with the miners, running rails, has really disappointed me.

In my opinion the best things that the Devs did in recent years was to burn down all the houses owned by people that blatantly abused the game and banned their accounts. That took a lot of guts and it made a powerful statement that put UO back on the media radar. If anything it would make it a more viable game as it would generate interest and accountability.

Just my 2 cents.

• Crim09Crim09 Posts: 1
    Haha go to Formosa and Balhae. Go to tram new mag and look at those stones. There’s a guy there that’s been running non-stop and not in stealth. 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    It's like this on many shards.

I have reported the same person a few times. The first time the individual was running it visible. I did stop them and they talked, said they have to feed their children somehow. Yeah. After being reported they went into llama form and continue to run the gauntlet invisible. I got curious as to how they could do the runs so quickly and tried doing them as fast as they did them. All I can say is I cannot do them as quickly as they do even with purchasing the required items outside the walls of the building.They run around being blocked. No, it wasn't me that blocked them. I'm not at liberty to say who did.

When I first noticed this a year ago I made a post asking what the real life situation of running scripts being allowed is. That generated a lot of input from players but no response from anyone that could give a knowledgeable answer. Having reported it, an apparent lack of response from those that can make a difference, seeing that it's being allowed along with the miners, running rails, has really disappointed me.

In my opinion the best things that the Devs did in recent years was to burn down all the houses owned by people that blatantly abused the game and banned their accounts. That took a lot of guts and it made a powerful statement that put UO back on the media radar. If anything it would make it a more viable game as it would generate interest and accountability.

Just my 2 cents.

Personally, I think that making real life money out of games should be outright forbidden and game companies should seriously take action against accounts which sell items or gold for real money.

To my viewing, games should be played for fun, not to make real money off of them.

I do not understand, though, why there is people out there willing to spend their hard earned money for in-game stuff.... if there was no people willing to spend their money on games' stuff, there would be no point in trying to sell in game stuff if there were no buyers.....
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    hmmm  Vegas makes money off games ...
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 74

lmao you get caught 2-3 weeks ago you said it yourself https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12324/multi-boxing#latest ; lol and you still posting on forum wow
    I beleive a new game for you will make you happy.doing post like this every week really suck do you enjoy something in the game?

btw for the topic the chance to get a slim veil is so low it s like 1/500k i was told, so for sure people will try shit to get it

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    popps said:

Just my 2 cents.

Personally, I think that making real life money out of games should be outright forbidden and game companies should seriously take action against accounts which sell items or gold for real money.

To my viewing, games should be played for fun, not to make real money off of them.

I do not understand, though, why there is people out there willing to spend their hard earned money for in-game stuff.... if there was no people willing to spend their money on games' stuff, there would be no point in trying to sell in game stuff if there were no buyers.....
    Exactly!  Developers should also make games for fun, why should we pay for entertainment!

Before games were online, people made strategy books and sold them.

Then games came online. Ebay sold games item for Diablo until they had to stop.
    Now you buy from websites. 

Don't people tell you to get a job doing what you like? 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited May 2023
    creampie said:

lmao you get caught 2-3 weeks ago you said it yourself https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12324/multi-boxing#latest ; lol and you still posting on forum wow
    I beleive a new game for you will make you happy.doing post like this every week really suck do you enjoy something in the game?

btw for the topic the chance to get a slim veil is so low it s like 1/500k i was told, so for sure people will try shit to get it

I"m not even sure why I'm bothering replying to this, but here it is. My endless journey crew got banned, all while running the EC client. I was multi CLIENTING..not boxxing..They were doing absolutely nothing at the time the GM hauled them to jail, I was in the kitchen or living room I think talking to my son, came back, yada yada yada..whatever....and got the nastiest email reply from Broadsword you can imagine when I challenged it. Keep in mind my "paid for accounts" weren't actioned at all, only my free to play EJs..anyway, the person in question running the trades is using 4 accounts, they're recalling in, stealthing to the trade minister, accepting a trade, then they stealth around to the various local NPCs and buy the items need, then they all stealth to the moongate, select the destination city...turn the items in, rinse repeat...and I"m sure it's all legit...right !!..

I paged a GM over a week ago, got the canned "we'll investigate, you wont be notified , blah blah bs bs"..nothing was ever done. Dude is still completing at least 1500 trade runs per day, every day, for the past year. I even submitted the screenshots to a game designer who shall remain nameless...nada...zip, zero, zilch.....so I"m done giving any foxxes....because ...I'm done with it..my EJs get banned, this person gets nothing.......move on, nothing to see here.

edited May 2023
    “Maybe he is using paid accounts.
    If he is using paid accounts at least he is contributing to uo.
    Using EJ accounts to get multiple rewards for years is much more nefarious behaviour in my opinion.

if someone gave me a fc1 gorget I wouldn’t use, it’s just deco now

i don’t know why you’re getting upset about it when it don’t affect you, you reported, it’s all you can do.

what I will say, is when certain bot accounts get banned, it’s often just easier/quicker to create a new account with the same char name so you don’t have to change any coding or macro settings.
    so maybe they did ban them and they get recreated.

that said, our guild bots haven’t been banned for like 3 years..”
    edited May 2023
    “Let’s talk about bots
    many games having same issues.

Are they bad for the game?
    before - yes because players don’t like them.

but soon with chatGPT webhooks giving different personalities to different bots. Players won’t be able to tell who is a bot and who is not - only by the repetitive actions they perform.

there is a guy on Atlantic who tries to PvP, all he does is same thing over and over, throw shatter potion, dismount, bleed, then he’ll try and get remounted while you’re bleeding. Rinse and repeat same combo over and over. It’s no different to a bot. ChatGPT has better personality and more soul than him prob. Should he be banned for being repetitive?

Imagine if game was jam packed like it was in the 90s, other blacksmiths mining and training smithy and helping you and giving you tips and chatting to you at the blacksmith, all these could be bots and you wouldn’t know.

you want to find a group to do roof encounter and you get a load of volunteers and they all turn up, friendly, one speaking like a goblin even, different templates. They could all be bots and you wouldn’t know.”
    “In fact, every time I do roof encounter 
    95% of the time is spent waiting outside, waiting for someone to get back from a bathroom break or answer the door etc
    at least bots would be ready when you are”
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    This post has gone from "bots are bad" to bots are good".  Bots are here to stay and as long as they are not blatantly exploiting or interfering with gameplay, then BS will leave them alone.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2023
    This guy was running on Europa, Drachenfels and Atlantic and others I've forgotten to my knowledge, for 1-2 years.

Everyone knew who it was, everyone knew he was doing it. It could have been dealt with by the Devs, it wasn't.

I did not mind it happening in Felucca, again, it became part of our playstyle hunting him down, and messing his scripts and bots up wherever we could, it was fun, gives us something to do, it's sandbox play, the whole point of UO. I have many screenshots, and stories from the time, of our hunts against him.

If this happens in Trammel, it really annoys me, because this behaviour basically undermines the entire game objectives for every single player - as in completely unlimited farming. This profits the Real Life Traders, and hurts everyone ingame. No player can do anything about it.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    To let the cat out of the bag, he has probably moved on to the next thing by now, he has been running Deceit Felucca on pretty much every shard for the last few months 24/7, I know of guilds who have been hunting him down on many shards, and I know of guilds who have been protecting him, and it has led to PvP in Felucca, this is a good thing imo :)
    "you can go to jhelum and hire a couple of NPCs to fight for you for a few hundred gold,

gonna ban them?"
    Yoshi said:
    Using EJ accounts to get multiple rewards for years is much more nefarious behaviour in my opinion.

i don’t know why you’re getting upset about it when it don’t affect you, you reported, it’s all you can do.

what I will say, is when certain bot accounts get banned, it’s often just easier/quicker to create a new account with the same char name so you don’t have to change any coding or macro settings.

".......so maybe they did ban them and they get recreated......"

Well, while this is a possibility, perhaps for Trade Orders skills are not too much a necessity but for the EJ characters used in scripts where higher skills are needed for whatever activity that needs to be carried out, that also takes time to work up skills and, therefore, it is not a replacement that can be done "that" quickly, when EJ accounts might get banned.

popps said:
    Yoshi said:

".......so maybe they did ban them and they get recreated......"

Well, while this is a possibility, perhaps for Trade Orders skills are not too much a necessity but for the EJ characters used in scripts where higher skills are needed for whatever activity that needs to be carried out, that also takes time to work up skills and, therefore, it is not a replacement that can be done "that" quickly, when EJ accounts might get banned.

You don't think they have backup accounts already training remember they do everything unattended 24/7
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Most skills can be completed 0-120 in less than 24 hours, without the use of pink or blue scrolls, all skills can be completed 0-120 in less than 72 hours.   and with some of the programs people use, they could easily run 30+ characters at the same time on a single machine if they really wanted, maybe even faster with some scripts that still bypass the skill cooldown timer.

I'd be surprised if someone bots with 10+ EJ accounts doesn't already have more backup accounts already trained ready to take over if the others get banned.  IF they get banned.

Another thing I always wondered about, with each of the Newsletters (that we used to get) had numbers of Actioned accounts   -Multiboxing was listed, but what did the # represent?

The number of "multiboxing accounts" in each incident = 1 banned for multiboxing?

or does the # = total of accounts that were banned for multiboxing?  if the latter, that would explain a lot as to why it seems like none of them ever get banned... cause most of them are not (if that's how it's recorded anyway).. that also assumes the numbers are even real... I'll continue viewing that with skepticism, until someone with authority can clarify.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited May 2023
    Still not as bad and still nothing being done about Shadowguard being endlessly scripted:  https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6895/shadowguard-and-doom-being-endlessly-scripted/p1
    Empty plots like this on Atlantic all over the place. Wanted to buy a pair of minax sandles but nah, not going to buy it off these cheating scumbags. I'll just do without luck footwear.

If only the devs made use of such things as 'Account Bound' lol what a failure. 
    WONDER WHY THERES A BOTTING PROBLEM DEVS WHEN YOU MAKE IT SO EASY HUH GEE I JUST CANT SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    What really surprises me is that this kind of stuff seems to just go unabated, but a long-term player and subscriber, playing with accounts that have been paid for (even if they just had the $15 High Seas booster), gets nailed for just standing around. (Yes, I'm going to believe Garth.)

And then to top it off, the long-term player gets a nastygram when he asks why, while the blatant actual cheating, which is so obvious and we can all see happening, just gets ignored.

I'm going to start sounding like KHAN pretty soon...
    -Arroth
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 74
    username said:
    Still not as bad and still nothing being done about Shadowguard being endlessly scripted:  https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6895/shadowguard-and-doom-being-endlessly-scripted/p1
    Empty plots like this on Atlantic all over the place. Wanted to buy a pair of minax sandles but nah, not going to buy it off these cheating scumbags. I'll just do without luck footwear.

If only the devs made use of such things as 'Account Bound' lol what a failure. 
    WONDER WHY THERES A BOTTING PROBLEM DEVS WHEN YOU MAKE IT SO EASY HUH GEE I JUST CANT SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT
    go play wow with your account bound this game isn t for you. you dont seem to understand what is a good mmo