Scripting and Powerscrolls

Let me preface by saying I don't pvp, am just a peaceful Trammy Tamer with a dream that one day nobody see's Red, Orange or Blue just shades of Grey. Being a tamer I need scrolls for pets, not being a pvper its nigh impossible.

Essentially players are extorted into paying as ej accounts cant get scrolls to drop in fel, however once you pay you realize You still cant get a scroll because you are raided 100 percent of the time by scripters (the majority for RMT's).

i use this term loosely "Dev team" wont allow 120 scrolls to drop in Tram, why?

So they extort you to pay then allow RMT's to steal what you work so hard to get and expect you to pay again for the scrolls?

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited April 2023
    The one change which would help, I have been saying it since the last changes to Treasure Hunting a few Years ago, should be adding 115 Powerscrolls to Felucca Treasure Chests.

That's it.

While it is unrealistic to bind 110s into 120s since it takes way too many of them (120 "matching" 110s), meaning that one needs a ridicolously high number of Treasure Maps and an unresonable time to find all those chests, fight the spawn, and dig hundreds if not thousands of Treasure Chests up, before they can bind all those many "matching" 110s into a 120.

This unreasonable and ridicolous waste of time, compares with the few minutes needed to do a spawn for those Guilds which can basically do them unarmed as they are those raiding, and hardly anyone raids them.

It is simply unrealistic and a futile attempt to try get 120s doing Treasure Maps as it is.

If, instead, 115 Powerscrolls were to finally be added to Treasure Chests, while still taking a way much longer time to bind them into a 120 as compared to doing a spawn and getting 115 and 120 drops in a matter of minutes, at least, it would now become a reasonable alternative way as to doing Spawns for players to get 120s for their characters and pets.

That is what should be done, really, to my opinion.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    If either of you killers did champ spawns you'd know you can do 20 in a row without getting a 120 tactics or similar valuable scrolls and  really the 110s you can get from t-chest more than enough to build pets 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    “ popps, you don’t have to spend any time dealing with the bots, we ignore them.

if enemy comes in more numbers they could win champ, if they come with less numbers, just kill them. 

I don’t think champs were supposed to be solod.

It’s part of game

why does it matter if you get spotted by a bot or you get spotted by the wife?

just always be prepared.

bots will stop when town crier barks that champ is being worked same as Krampus .

People used to run bots all over land to find idocs, so they made merchant bark location.
    complain about town crier not yet barking location instead of complaining about the bots.

tackle the cause of the crime”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    I never speak to this topic because I just never use a tamer. Even though I have a skilled-up tamer. And I have some awesome old school (still needing to be trained with the "new system") pets my husband tamed back in the day. And other already decently trained pets that have been gifted to me from other players along the way...you know who you are, and I thank you  :) 

But I do still have characters I'd like to create and train up so; I'm going to chime in on the above first two posts that seem pretty thoughtful and reasonable.

At this late date and at the risk of pissing off the fraction of the players who control the lion's share of PS's, I really don't see why there can't be an expansion on how we work our way to owning 120's.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me to speed up a method in Trammel for gathering scrolls to bind. All I've ever heard from others is how it's such a ridiculously slow process no one bothers with it.

I realize PS's were and I guess still are meant to throw pvpers a bone, but does it really need to remain such a restricted system now? I dunno, I've never cared for the whole Power Scrolls thing to begin with. So perhaps that's another reason why I'm not very qualified to speak to it. For me they've always been a part of some of the changes that I thought were a bummer to come back to after a lengthy time away from the game.

That said, it was decided PS's would become very important to players and I guess there's no unringing the bell. But with populations as they are, is it really so important to still keep them so difficult for the average more casual player to get?

Why can't players rich with gold continue to pay what the market will bear for the 120's obtained in Felucca but truly let others invest time into a different system that will eventually lead to 120's? Why create this binding scrolls thing then go so overboard on the time you'd need to invest that it immediate becomes an unappealing and unused system?

Maybe I'm wrong on this. Maybe lots of people are enjoying the process for binding scrolls to create their 120's. I've never done it, but all I've ever heard is it sucks so no one bothers. Maybe another level of difficulty could be added that will speed up the process? Maybe add a quest that takes teamwork; the prize is a drop that's used as a component to speed up the binding.

Maybe have this component used in a way that it renders a 120 that lands in your pack as a character bound or account bound item. Then it doesn't cut into the efforts of those who hunt scrolls in Felucca and sell them on vendors.

Grimbeard said:
    If either of you killers did champ spawns you'd know you can do 20 in a row without getting a 120 tactics or similar valuable scrolls and  really the 110s you can get from t-chest more than enough to build pets 

:) 
    Huh! Sounds like you could use a system for binding scrolls that's truly worth your time and effort!
    “And, before vendor search, bot used to move around Luna and log everything on vendor and you would go to website to vendor search.

Now everyone loves in game vendor search.

dev needs to address issue by making town crier bark”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited April 2023
    LilyGrace said:

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me to speed up a method in Trammel for gathering scrolls to bind.
    "You literally get 100% of all other content, 
    Powerscrolls (and some VvV rewards for use by VvV members) are the ONLY thing that we have and you want to move in on that market. 

When i say town crier should bark location of champ being worked, i meant the town crier in trammel too, so everyone can read"
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Most pvm players who are willing to venture into Fel for power scrolls will accept the chance that they will be raided. That's the risk. What they will not accept is the absolute certainty that they will be raided because of cheating bots. If it was acceptable for champ spawns to be discovered with no effort on the part of the intending raiders the Exorcism spell would never have been added to Necromancy.

Champ spawns have always been a topic of contention, I even remember one pvper demanding that champion spawns should be banned during the day because he was at school! I mention no names, but maybe I'm not the only player who remembers that? 
    Bots need banning, no matter what they're being used for. They are a blight on the game.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Let me preface by saying I don't pvp, am just a peaceful Trammy Tamer with a dream that one day nobody see's Red, Orange or Blue just shades of Grey. Being a tamer I need scrolls for pets, not being a pvper its nigh impossible.

Essentially players are extorted into paying as ej accounts cant get scrolls to drop in fel, however once you pay you realize You still cant get a scroll because you are raided 100 percent of the time by scripters (the majority for RMT's).

i use this term loosely "Dev team" wont allow 120 scrolls to drop in Tram, why?

So they extort you to pay then allow RMT's to steal what you work so hard to get and expect you to pay again for the scrolls?

Get a group together and get the spawns done BEFORE the raiders show up.  And do them in lower traffic areas of T2A.  Even on Atlantic, it's very possible to do so.

The Trammel ruleset has literally ALL of the content available in this game.  The only things that are Fel-exclusive: Powerscrolls, VvV, Primeval Lich and Abyssal Infernal champ spawns.  Let me flip this back on you: Why does one specific ruleset of the game continually get catered to?

Even if the devs do suddenly decided to allow scrolls in Tram, nobody is going to farm them:

1) The Tram spawns have an automatic respawn timer.  I know for the seasonal events it's 30 minutes, though I don't do the other spawns often enough to know what it is for them (I assume that it's 30 minutes though.) The Easter event spawn was done in maybe 5-10 minutes on LS.

2) You're not guaranteed to get 120's NOW.  Fortunately, scroll binding exists, so you can still get those 120's.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Would it be helpful if 120 scrolls from Tram champ spawns were shard bound or even account bound?  That would leave scrolls farmed from Fel champ spawns available for transfer to other shards.
    Yoshi, I've never played this game in a way that allows me to farm the kind of gold it takes to scroll up character types that I've still never created and played. I simply do not lead the kind of life that has me playing or botting enough to make that kind of gold. And that's not going to change.

So, what are you telling me? My only options for scrolling up new characters is to magically become skilled at pvp so I can survive and or raid Felucca champ spawns? I think that ship has sailed. Better still, should I become proficient at piloting characters using multiple clients, using multiple monitors to increase my chances at getting scrolls? No thanks. 

Or do I need to start playing enough hours to farm enough gold to buy scrolls off you? Or do I have to buy gold with real life monies from "players" who do have the time to farm gold, so I can buy scrolls off you? Or should I just forget scrolling up characters and miss out on pretty much all the game content that's been added, since the advent of PS's, that requires having fully scrolled up avatars to be able to survive and take part in the content? 

Saying I want to move in on the market is bs. I want to invest a reasonable amount of gametime into a system that allows me to eventually earn 120 power scrolls for myself. Why put the system for binding the scrolls in at all if it's so messed up it isn't used?

Why create content that completely depends on your avatars being power-scrolled up and then watch scrolls become increasingly more and more difficult and expensive for the average casual player to obtain them? Not to mention difficult to find because of dwindling populations.

I'm not spending gold at your or anyone else's vendors to get power scrolls, because I don't have the gold to do so. So how am I robbing you if I devote playtime to a reasonably slower, but not impossible, process to earn them? You're not losing a thing. And it's not like you wouldn't be able to bind scrolls more easily too and sell them or use them for yourself. Players that want what they want when they want it aren't going to stop buying your power scrolls.

I don't feel I'm being at all selfish here, Yoshi. I truly don't.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    TimSt said:
    Would it be helpful if 120 scrolls from Tram champ spawns were shard bound or even account bound?  That would leave scrolls farmed from Fel champ spawns available for transfer to other shards.
      in short, no, because fel players wouldn't get fights in dungeons anymore. cause those 'fights' would have migrated to tram where it's even easier to bot without consequence.

Fel already has both transferable & shard-bound scrolls.   the shard-bound scrolls are only during the Halloween season though, that spawn drops transferable scrolls any other time.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:
    TimSt said:
      in short, no, because fel players wouldn't get fights in dungeons anymore. cause those 'fights' would have migrated to tram where it's even easier to bot without consequence.

Fel already has both transferable & shard-bound scrolls.   the shard-bound scrolls are only during the Halloween season though, that spawn drops transferable scrolls any other time.

What i struggle with is that pvpers claim only to want to have good fights vs worthy opponents yet after 20 years still demanding fresh sheep 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited April 2023
    Totally agree with the need to kill all the BOTs EVERYWHERE at champ spawns but hold onto your seats.  I spent less than one week on Atl selling items and got enough gold to fully scroll 2 CUs/Tritons with all 120 PSs which runs about a little over 300M for all 9-120s.  For those doing the ROOF and seeing the prices they get I am sure they could do it in far less time.  PSs are needed but they are not the cream of the crop and to get 18-120s in a week is far quicker than doing the spawn.  Let them do the hard work while us Tram folk do all the other stuff and sell it and buy their PSs.  Yes yes I know this looks a little out of place for me but as I get very much older and enjoy doing different things in UO I would rather pay the Fel folk for doing all the work so I can do other things in UO.  I have 3 Tamers and all 3 have 1 Cu, 1 Triton and 1 GD and all the Cus/Tritons are fully scrolled but they are not the 100% perfect one so I have enough 120s to do 6 more pets as I get the PERFECT pet they will be replaced.  So basically I am done buying Scrolls unless they come out with a different pet that will replace a Cu/Triton/GD or some one can show me that there is another pet that is as versatile as the 3 main pets that almost all Tamers use.
    edited April 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    CovenantX said:
    TimSt said:

What i struggle with is that pvpers claim only to want to have good fights vs worthy opponents yet after 20 years still demanding fresh sheep 
        When a pvper gets raided at a spawn, typically they bring back a pvp char to fight. or more people.   

When a non-pvper gets raided, they don't come back.  - this is just free scrolls for the raider(s) cause the non-pvper just gives up.  -this is what the rest of the content in UO is for.

Edit- bots should not exist, anywhere.  and you know?    If bots/scripting didn't exist, maybe there would still be enough players in fel to where it would be hard to get a spawn off without everyone knowing about it anyway.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited April 2023
    UO’s culture and the rules it generates tries to force players that want to advance to go to Felucca where UO developed a rule set promotes the interests of player killers over other players.  Early on UO realized this strategy of trying to force players not much interested in pvp play into that play style was not working so it developed the Trammel rule set so it could accommodate both players interested in pvp and players not interested in pvp, and compete with the other game platforms.  This strategy worked and UO is still with us.
    Have to agree Felucca trove and hoard chests should contain higher level maps.  The 110’s don’t have much value.  Higher level maps would get more players to go there so the needs of those players that hunt other players would be better met.
    Not saying anything intended to indicate one play style is somehow better than another.  Players should be able to choose the play style they enjoy but UO should not be trying to make that decision for them.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    First I fully agree that BOTs should be actively banned not ignored by the GMs. There is no reason that a toon killing bunnies can be caught and banned and GMs can’t track and ban BOTs with equal zeal. It is simply being lazy on their part that this isn’t done.

On a slightly different note one thing which would reduce this practice is to restrict EJ accounts to Tram, they can’t benefit from Champ spawns anyway so they have no need in Fel, and if they desire to pvp subscribe.

As for the pvp’ers who claim they need BOTs to be active, it’s a shame that you feel the need to cheat in order to play a 20 year old game. Of course the same cheaters, I mean pvp’ers that claim they must have BOTs also cry that they need scripts and 3rd party programs to compete in pvp. I find it disheartening that the staff of this game continues to condone such actions. 

@Kyronix please either have rules enforced or simply drop them. 
    Arnold7 said:
    UO’s culture and the rules it generates tries to force players that want to advance to go to Felucca where UO developed a rule set promotes the interests of player killers over other players.  Early on UO realized this strategy of trying to force players not much interested in pvp play into that play style was not working so it developed the Trammel rule set so it could accommodate both players interested in pvp and players not interested in pvp, and compete with the other game platforms.  This strategy worked and UO is still with us.
    Have to agree Felucca trove and hoard chests should contain higher level maps.  The 110’s don’t have much value.  Higher level maps would get more players to go there so the needs of those players that hunt other players would be better met.
    Not saying anything intended to indicate one play style is somehow better than another.  Players should be able to choose the play style they enjoy but UO should not be trying to make that decision for them.
    My  110 pets can kill everything in game...that's with my hybrid fishing or treasure hunting builds offering little to no help in doing so 
    I fully support restricting EJ's to tram only, as well as maybe even only allowing access to select dungeons in trammel-rule facets.   there's gotta be some content they can access, but honestly none of it needs to be end-game content.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited April 2023
    What they will not accept is the absolute certainty that they will be raided because of cheating bots.

"many times bot comes and no raid, have to let a certain percentage of spawns go unraided or people stop doing spawns completely. Like over fishing.

LilyGrace said:
     My only options for scrolling up new characters is to magically become skilled at pvp so I can survive and or raid Felucca champ spawns?

Currency is used in exchange for goods and services, you do whatever it is you do and sell for gold, we are spending 2 million every time we cast teleport...(tele ring)

don't tell me you can't afford scroll,
    PvP much expense

And you would lose these items if someone hit you with nerve strike because there is no debuff

and i am accused of crying about bug, imagine you lose 20 mill every day due to nerve strike bug...
    its enough for 120 tactics every week"
    "if bots are not EJ it's okay? cool problem solved"

LilyGrace said:
     My only options for scrolling up new characters is to magically become skilled at pvp so I can survive and or raid Felucca champ spawns?

Currency is used in exchange for goods and services, you do whatever it is you do and sell for gold, we are spending 2 million every time we cast teleport...(tele ring) "
    Way to completely disregard almost all of what I think is a pretty valid argument on my part on why exchange for goods and services, for items as expensive as PS’s, isn’t doable for the casual player. Though we still need to acquire them to create viable characters that can take part in most of the game content now.  And instead offering a ridiculous response regarding the expense of using old teleport rings. Insert an eye roll and a wtf here. 
    Yoshi said:
    "if bots are not EJ it's okay? cool problem solved"
       Nay, No bots are acceptable, regardless of what they're doing.

Personally, i don't care about 'cam' bots for pvp at spawns,  I can see why people use them, cause it's boring to search for a spawn being done when the population is so thin you're more likely to find nothing in manual scouts, because of the amount of time it takes, especially if you're the only one looking.

The problem is the same program(s) that are used to run the cams are also used for things like automating farming.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited April 2023
    "if you're a casual player, whatever that means,
    what you need 120 tactics for?

it's same skill cap of 720
    so difference between 115 tact and 100 anat
    compared to 120 tact and 95 anat, is going to change your game?

not hard to make gold, with 0 skills
    i logged in today, said vendor buy, and will sell this for 140 mill no problem"

• gaygay Posts: 358
    If you think that your inability to get powerscrolls for free or free from harassment should be directly tied to your subscription, you're wrong. As you said it yourself, you're a tamer and as a tamer you have PLENTY of ways to fund the cost of paying for scrolls, especially right now as they're at an all time low currently.

I'm somewhat tempted to do a sort of "zero to hero" tamer thing, as there are a plethora of activities a tamer can do to generate wealth that doesn't require their pets to be scrolled to 120.
    Just things off the top of my head are:
    • Farming cu sidhes, or other different hued spawning mobs that have a wide range of stats and skills.
    • Medusa, slither and +15 mystic staff
    • Lady Mel, hair dyes and crimsons
    • Travesty, travesty masks
    • Plunderbeacons, tritons
    • Not doing tmaps
    You pay a subscription to have a normal bank, a house, access to vendor search text search, and for whatever means of enjoyment you receive from the game. If you don't enjoy activities that generate the wealth that would allow you to buy scrolls, then adventure out and do the spawns yourself. If you don't enjoy the thought of getting raided, then do the spawns in Ilshenar and bind the scrolls. If you don't enjoy any of that, then that really is just your problem, and you should sort it out yourself because the alternative options are already there.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    @gay
    Add in Blackthorn with a large group
    BODs
    Selling items from the UO Store

gay said:
    If you think that your inability to get powerscrolls for free or free from harassment should be directly tied to your subscription, you're wrong. As you said it yourself, you're a tamer and as a tamer you have PLENTY of ways to fund the cost of paying for scrolls, especially right now as they're at an all time low currently.

I'm somewhat tempted to do a sort of "zero to hero" tamer thing, as there are a plethora of activities a tamer can do to generate wealth that doesn't require their pets to be scrolled to 120.
    Just things off the top of my head are:
    • Farming cu sidhes, or other different hued spawning mobs that have a wide range of stats and skills.
    • Medusa, slither and +15 mystic staff
    • Lady Mel, hair dyes and crimsons
    • Travesty, travesty masks
    • Plunderbeacons, tritons
    • Not doing tmaps
    You pay a subscription to have a normal bank, a house, access to vendor search text search, and for whatever means of enjoyment you receive from the game. If you don't enjoy activities that generate the wealth that would allow you to buy scrolls, then adventure out and do the spawns yourself. If you don't enjoy the thought of getting raided, then do the spawns in Ilshenar and bind the scrolls. If you don't enjoy any of that, then that really is just your problem, and you should sort it out yourself because the alternative options are already there.
    I agree 100% however you're paying your subscription fee for something that forces us to play your play style and you're definitely not killing trammies for money and it's certainly not challenging so other than enjoying killing people unable to defend themselves what do you gain 
    Gay, I said nothing about getting scrolls for free. I specifically talked about making a different sort of investment of time. And I specifically said I don’t play a tamer. So you’re off on the wrong foot right from jump. Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension. 

And now suddenly Yoshi can’t distinguish someone who invests many hours a week playing UO, and bots that farm gold, from players who run one character, one client at a time, for a lot fewer hours a week. 

But sure, let’s continue to allow a handful of malcontents, that want to pk other players who are trying to get PS’s for themselves, hold us all by the shorthairs. And let’s make sure the one alternative to Felucca champ spawns is kept tedious and useless to the point of no one wanting to bother with it. 
    Keep in mind, the prices of items probably wouldn't be anywhere near what they are if bots weren't rampant farming a multitude of content, adding more gold & items into circulation.

ICQ# 478 633 659
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited April 2023
    LilyGrace said:
    Gay, I said nothing about getting scrolls for free. I specifically talked about making a different sort of investment of time. And I specifically said I don’t play a tamer. So you’re off on the wrong foot right from jump. Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension. 

And now suddenly Yoshi can’t distinguish someone who invests many hours a week playing UO, and bots that farm gold, from players who run one character, one client at a time, for a lot fewer hours a week. 

But sure, let’s continue to allow a handful of malcontents, that want to pk other players who are trying to get PS’s for themselves, hold us all by the shorthairs. And let’s make sure the one alternative to Felucca champ spawns is kept tedious and useless to the point of no one wanting to bother with it. 

Who are you? I'm making a post in someone's (not yours) thread who explicitly stated that they were a trammel based tamer who prefers to never see any hostile player. Maybe while I work on that reading comprehension you think I need, you should work on realizing that everything posted under some random post of yours in a thread you didn't start isn't directed at you, and if it were then you'd probably be quoted in that post, for example like I've done in this post.
    Fair enough, gay, but you didn’t specify who you were addressing and I made an assumption based on what I read in the posts that followed mine. It made it easy to think you were addressing me. *shrug*
This discussion has been closed.