Want to stop some unattended Macroing?

TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
edited April 2023 in General Discussions
 Make EJ Starter Pack enhanced skill gain in game hours and NOT Real Life Hours.  Don't charge folks 2000 sovs and then expect them not to macro their backsides off attended and unattended to get the most out of their $20 spent.  A fair trade off would be cut the time to 96 hours but in game hours NOT RL hours.  This is the reason I call it the EJ Cheater Kit.......... Selling a product that by its very nature encourages cheating is kind of unethical IMO.

Making the Journeyman Armor Actually acct bound was good, LOL left a lot of my characters naked in some far away places in fel and no choice but to run a long way to a moongate after that was fixed LOL.  But they should not have been able to wear another accts, acct bound armor to start with so no complaints. And people say the devs don't fix bugs .......

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “There’s no evidence they want to stop unattended macroing”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • looploop Posts: 302
    Unattended macroing for the purposes of skill gain is not a problem that needs to be solved. It’s a consequence of the repetitive skill-by-use design, and I’m glad the team doesn’t waste their time policing it. It hardly negatively impacts other players, and if sitting at the keyboard mindlessly pressing the same button over again, dragging and dropping microscopic pixels, etc. is the only way to play the game, UO would be losing a lot of customerss.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,041

Seems to be the most common way to get actioned.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited April 2023
    Attended skill gain in UO is probably the biggest cause of turning people away or burning someone out of the game. In all honestly it shouldn't be policed so long as it isn't something super advanced, walking around the world taming, renaming, releasing, then killing. If someone is in their house beating on a dumb golem while theyre sleeping, who cares? It's hurting literally nobody, aside from maybe the people selling SoTs which are largely botted anyways.

Then again, I've seen people farming Szavetra in sanctuary with 8 chrs fully AFK, simultaneously casting chiv spells, looping specials, attacking mobs, xhealing, looting and insuring simply be pulled to the bucs dun "Hey you got caught unattended macroing" room, while in the same week have seen people fill their bags up with regs and bottles, press "Make Max" in the alchemy gump, walk away for 5 mins and come back to a perma banned account for "crafting while unattended" (appealable after 1 year). Oh and the sanctuary farmer was back in there farming the next day.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    This is why skill gain will be NL will not be exactly the same,  Time is ticking!

I wonder if the store will be available in NL shard.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,993
    Pawain said:
    This is why skill gain will be NL will not be exactly the same,  Time is ticking!

I wonder if the store will be available in NL shard.
    Oh silly dreamer
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    loop said:
    Unattended macroing for the purposes of skill gain is not a problem that needs to be solved. It’s a consequence of the repetitive skill-by-use design, and I’m glad the team doesn’t waste their time policing it. It hardly negatively impacts other players, and if sitting at the keyboard mindlessly pressing the same button over again, dragging and dropping microscopic pixels, etc. is the only way to play the game, UO would be losing a lot of customerss.

Except they do waste their time policing it.
  • looploop Posts: 302
    Tyrath said:
    loop said:

Guess I haven't seen it myself, but wouldn't surprise me. The numbers they report lack context, and it's hard to tell whether they're banning people who are gathering resources (should be actioned -- even most free shards draw the line here), who are macroing in town (who cares?), or who are macroing in their houses (who cares even less?).
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    loop said:
    Tyrath said:
    loop said:

Guess I haven't seen it myself, but wouldn't surprise me. The numbers they report lack context, and it's hard to tell whether they're banning people who are gathering resources (should be actioned -- even most free shards draw the line here), who are macroing in town (who cares?), or who are macroing in their houses (who cares even less?).

I train up a lot of skills on a boat targeting the tillerman or pilot parked right next to my house.  Magery  being one of them, it sounds like one constant stream of fizzles but gets you to 120 magery in a couple of hours.  Along comes a game Karen "Reported! Unattended!!!"  Sometimes a GM visits me and sometimes I am done and gone before a GM visits me.  The closest I come to unattended macroing is when I am using the key weight on the last spell/last target or last skill/last target macro hot keys in the machine shop while I am working on a tractor or implement 10 feet away from the shop computer.   When I buy a Official EJ Cheater Kit and use the enhanced skill gain token the temptation to let the macro keys be held down by the key weight 23/7 is strong. The thinking I have on that is I PAID for 168 Hours of enhanced skill gain and I should get 168 hours of enhanced skill gain without having to have a internal debate as whether to put the key weight on when I go to bed or let the time tick away while I am asleep.

Anyway whole point is putting a product out there with a real world count down timer is going to encourage unattended macroing  that is a account actionable offense.  It is kind of like saying it is OK but we will action your account if we catch you. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 694
    EJs were a mistake.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,385
    username said:
    EJs were a mistake.
    100% Agree!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,385
    So was shard bound ! 
    Had to sorry 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,146
    Pawain said:

Seems to be the most common way to get actioned.

Did I miss a a newsletter or was this from the last newsletter like 2-3 months ago?