Champ/Egg Suggestion

AnneNomillyAnneNomilly Posts: 84
edited April 2023 in General Discussions
First of all, I'm NOT complaining. This is just a suggestion for the champ type events going forward. This happened with the masks and now, again, with the eggs. Can we make it some type of reward or have the items more spread out thru the various levels rather than everything dropping on the first/second level? Some of us are still collecting boots but we are running into people who come out, do the level one and two only for the eggs, and then leave, leaving the spawn to revert. In several cases, some of us have come in to do the spawn only to find we have to work the spawn all the way from around level 3 plus all the reverted spawn, kill the boss and wait 30 minutes for the reset to get the boots to drop.

@Kyronix If ya'll could just consider some way to make it worthwhile to get people to finish the boss/work the entire spawn, other than the main drop, etc., that would be perfect. I really am enjoying the event. Just frustrating when you are trying to get the drop at the end and people have left a mess to clean up and then 30 minutes cooldown.

Thanks for looking at it!!!

Comments

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    If it has reverted back to lvl one you will get boots. Or just make sure you kill monsters from all levels before boss is summoned.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Yes, agree.  Not so many players anymore.  Log on, go to site and find no one there, but find based on creatures being there from second and third spawns that someone has picked up the 10 eggs and left.  Mostly first spawn staff milling around so I stayed and killed stuff for a half hour or so but no eggs.  Finally, after what seemed like a long time a few other players showed up and killed enough to generate the boss.  Got the boots but no eggs.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,898
    Pacific has been terrible at summoning champ then just leaving 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited April 2023

After the boss dies, a bunch of vorpal bunnies should be "summoned" - a source of more eggs.

As it is now, the reward vs. time investment at the champ, for eggs, isn't the way to go.

If the champ respawn timer were reduced from 30 minutes to 5 minutes, that would help too.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    We could explore making it a requirement that one must engage/participate in the champ fight in these types of champ spawns in order to actually receive your participation rewards you’ve qualified for - so this way you can’t collect your reward and go.  
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    That would be great having a mini champ at every event now.

Would be even better to add in misc old boss rewards for killing the champ as well. 
    edited April 2023
    Kyronix said:
    We could explore making it a requirement that one must engage/participate in the champ fight in these types of champ spawns in order to actually receive your participation rewards you’ve qualified for - so this way you can’t collect your reward and go.  
    Part of the problem is the time/work vs. reward ratio:

In 1 hour -- 3 players use 60 thorns total they net ~150 eggs.

That's 7+ hours, at 14 champ spawns, assuming you get all 10-11 eggs on each spawn :)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Just wondering how you get 150 eggs from 60 thorns I have 2 3880 luck char and can only get 22 eggs from 18 thorns after hitting statue with out luck statue they only get 12 eggs from 18 thorns luck drops to 2660 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Kyronix said:

That's 7+ hours, at 14 champ spawns, assuming you get all 10-11 eggs on each spawn :)
    I get people are going to min/max and squeeze every bit of efficiency out of everything but that’s not what this event is really about.  This is an accessible event that will be around for plenty of time to hop in, collect some eggs, and get some stuff maybe you missed.  You’ve got two outlets to collect eggs, get some nifty boots or exchange for other items and collectibles at accessible exchange rates. 

Also consider there is some aspirational gameplay to acquiring the thorns.  
    edited April 2023
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

I get people are going to min/max and squeeze every bit of efficiency out of everything but that’s not what this event is really about.  This is an accessible event that will be around for plenty of time to hop in, collect some eggs, and get some stuff maybe you missed.  You’ve got two outlets to collect eggs, get some nifty boots or exchange for other items and collectibles at accessible exchange rates. 

The thorn mechanic is a huge improvement over the last egg event!  There are some wealthy gardeners, based on vendor search churn :)

Skett, 3800-4000 luck you should see higher numbers.  Though I'm using data from a limited number of 1 hour sessions.  Even if you assume 100 eggs over 1 hour, it's still very lopsided.
  • Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

I think this could be a good possible solution. Not everyone has hoarded thorns and maxed luck suits. Having the end boss tied to the participation rewards I think might be a good alternative to look at. (Thank you)

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Skett said:
    Just wondering how you get 150 eggs from 60 thorns I have 2 3880 luck char and can only get 22 eggs from 18 thorns after hitting statue with out luck statue they only get 12 eggs from 18 thorns luck drops to 2660 
    Play with another player. In the 3 min time, 3 chances at an egg from bunny on each player and corpse egg, 1of 10 or so. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 74
    Kyronix said:

easy fix would be to put a normal champ boss that can be kill with only 2 person not a 1 hour fight...after week 1 there is almost no one doing it on other server than atlantic... make the boss easier to kill and so someone wanting to do it after the first week can....champ spawn boss give way better rewards than those boots and can be solo faster for exemple....in this case farming eggs from the spawn is not a way to do it because you make them so easy to acquire with thorn
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

The thorn mechanic is a huge improvement over the last egg event!  There are some wealthy gardeners, based on vendor search churn :)

Skett, 3800-4000 luck you should see higher numbers.  Though I'm using data from a limited number of 1 hour sessions.  Even if you assume 100 eggs over 1 hour, it's still very lopsided.

I really wish I had hoarded all of the thorns I left on plants farming seeds of renewal over the years
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    creampie said:
    Kyronix said:

easy fix would be to put a normal champ boss that can be kill with only 2 person not a 1 hour fight...after week 1 there is almost no one doing it on other server than atlantic... make the boss easier to kill and so someone wanting to do it after the first week can....champ spawn boss give way better rewards than those boots and can be solo faster for exemple....in this case farming eggs from the spawn is not a way to do it because you make them so easy to acquire with thorn

The problem I see with making the Boss easier is that on some shards the Boss would go down so fast that some people attempting to do the spawn would not get credit. I do agree however, that the Bosses Hit Points could probably be cut in half before running into this problem.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Kyronix said:

This Event itself is going good overall, I know many folks with limited play time who have been getting the rewards they want. That said, this is a good idea to reduce the farming of early spawn levels and walking away. Also, if you could consider increasing the participation reward number. On many shards there are far more people taking part to allow most to get a reward.

Thanks!
  • Tyrath said:
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

I really wish I had hoarded all of the thorns I left on plants farming seeds of renewal over the years
    I know right? then I would likely have them because you left them in that bag, in a box, in a crate, for me to find.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Tyrath said:
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

I know right? then I would likely have them because you left them in that bag, in a box, in a crate, for me to find.

You probably did find large stashes of Green Thorns and Zoogi Fungus that I tossed in bags inside of boxes inside of a pouch inside of a crate inside of wood chest inside of a likker smugglers chest LOL.  Would you be interested in planting the beds on Siege after I finally harvest them?  Pretty sure you are co-owned to the keep.  Can't remember if I co owned or just friended you to the Origin Swamp Castle..... But can plant that one as well after the next harvest, ended up with 57 beds on the roof and open sides of the second floor, not many I would co own to my primary houses LOL.  The LS house I am going to offer to Planters to co own and plant it.  I am pretty sure after the next harvest that I need to take a break from growing and picking thorns LOL. So may as well let my friends use the beds. I think Steve was kind of drooling over the LS Factory Farm yesterday, I won't sell any of my raised beds but no problem co owning him and letting him farm them. 

BTW I am working hard to not create the stuff in houses disaster that ones you cleaned up were in :)  I even got rid of my stacks of 60k Carrots and Turnips!!! And am not making new ones!
  • Tyrath said:
    Tyrath said:
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

You probably did find large stashes of Green Thorns and Zoogi Fungus that I tossed in bags inside of boxes inside of a pouch inside of a crate inside of wood chest inside of a likker smugglers chest LOL.  Would you be interested in planting the beds on Siege after I finally harvest them?  Pretty sure you are co-owned to the keep.  Can't remember if I co owned or just friended you to the Origin Swamp Castle..... But can plant that one as well after the next harvest, ended up with 57 beds on the roof and open sides of the second floor, not many I would co own to my primary houses LOL.  The LS house I am going to offer to Planters to co own and plant it.  I am pretty sure after the next harvest that I need to take a break from growing and picking thorns LOL. So may as well let my friends use the beds. I think Steve was kind of drooling over the LS Factory Farm yesterday, I won't sell any of my raised beds but no problem co owning him and letting him farm them. 

BTW I am working hard to not create the stuff in houses disaster that ones you cleaned up were in :)  I even got rid of my stacks of 60k Carrots and Turnips!!! And am not making new ones!
    *Drops a turnip in your mailbox*
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• WistWist Posts: 7
    edited April 2023
    This is so annoying that the eggs drop only in the first 1 - 2 levels.

If it has to be limited to a level it should be in the last level, with maybe an easter basket of somekind on the champ.

Maybe 5 eggs in a basket, or a basket that when you add eggs to it combins them, reducing storage count - even if it only hold say 10 eggs. 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited April 2023
    Wist said:
    This is so annoying that the eggs drop only in the first 1 - 2 levels.

If it has to be limited to a level it should be in the last level, with maybe an easter basket of somekind on the champ.

Maybe 5 eggs in a basket, or a basket that when you add eggs to it combins them, reducing storage count - even if it only hold say 10 eggs. 
    Yeah, I've experienced this from both sides now.

Showed up to a number of spawns with the first wave complete, fought the next three waves and the champ with no reward.

This morning the spawn had clearly been worked to level 3 and the eggs claimed prior to dropping back down, yet one other person and I worked it back up to level 3 waiting for others to join. No one ever did and we abandoned the effort.

This afternoon I went to check on the spawn and it was at a fresh level 1. I started working it and in a few minutes had it to level 2, with 6 or so eggs collected. I ended up working it to level 3 and had 9 eggs by the time someone else showed up. They worked the spawn for a minute, then left.

Not much point in participating if someone else (me in this case) has worked the spawn, taken the eggs, and you are too late to even get the boss kill reward.

I won't bother to repeat that experience, even if I am the first person at the spawn.

--
    Maybe the team could set it up so that you get something like:
    1st wave =  4 Rewards
    2nd wave = 3 Rewards
    3rd wave =  2 Rewards
    4th wave =  1 Rewards
    Champion = Special Reward

Rewards distributed on champion death.

Players could arrive just for the champ reward if they wanted, and those that bothered to work the spawn from the beginning would get more of the participation rewards.
    -Arroth
    In the old system, if you got credit for killing the boss you got the boss drop.

Posters complained that players would not help with the spawn but show up to kill the boss. 

So, they changed it to where you had to participate in the spawn to get a boss drop.

Not going to be easy to make the spawn event be something players want to do after they have 50 boss drops.

They should go back to the old way. Then players who did not play in the first days/weeks would be able to get the boss drop. There is at least an incentive for others to help them.

Now there is no incentive to do a spawn that was left. Even if participation drops are spread to the last level. Players will leave the boss out if there is not a boss drop.

Example of asking for changes and getting them and not liking the changes.  The original system worked.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    No participation rewards (eggs) should be given until the boss is dead. You may get one or up to 10, wont know until the boss dies. At this point, I just drop the boots. 
    edited April 2023
    jelinidas said:
    No participation rewards (eggs) should be given until the boss is dead. You may get one or up to 10, wont know until the boss dies. At this point, I just drop the boots. 
    Good idea for the first few weeks.  But right now when no one is doing the Spawn, and a casual player wants to get the Boss Drop, he reaches a point where he is overwhelmed and leaves and gets nothing.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Pawain said:
    jelinidas said:
    Good idea for the first few weeks.  But right now when no one is doing the Spawn, and a casual player wants to get the Boss Drop, he reaches a point where he is overwhelmed and leaves and gets nothing.
    Or has to pay the price.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited April 2023
    You know Kyronix, something else you might consider is an NPC that would allow you to turn in the champ reward for participation reward(s). 1:1 or 1:3 ratio...

Might incentivize continued participation in completing the champ, even after players have enough of the champ specific rewards. 
    -Arroth
    Bring back cubes and spawns will be done the whole time!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    On Pac I see all day people complaining about boss being left and needing help killing it. A lot of pissed off peeps. I haven’t done it yet so idk I just bought 7 pair of boots for 7mil easy enough 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    And make eggs uninsurable and in locations not in a guard zone or something for a thief to do!